What the hell was “Relativity” all about?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff What the hell was “Relativity” all about?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I have just watched the Voyager episode ‘Relativity’ again in the vain attempt to understand it. But unfortunately it still makes about as much sense as a tribble.
    I know a lot of Star treks time travel episodes had a few holes in them but this one has to take the biscuit!!
    Here are just a few discrepencies:
    1/ Seven of nine finds the temporal disruptor bomb while Voyager is in dry dock (before it sets off for the badlands) but can not disarm it because it is not in ‘phase’. Fair enough. We’ve had episodes of trek before where crew members have been out of phase, ie Geordie and Ro in TNG. But how come when Seven is recruited again and is transported to Voyager when its in the Delta quadrant, the temporal disruptor is not there?????
    2/ Seven dies when she is transported back to the Relativity in the 29th century. Captain Braxton calmly says that they will simply recruit her again a couple of seconds before Voyager is destroyed. When will he recruit her?? Didnt they already recruit her before the ship exploded, and if so how can they do so again. She wont be there!!

I do like time travel episodes cause I think they are interesting and different, but this is a pile of sh*te!!!
    I’ve heard rumours that the last couple of episodes of Voyager will involve time travel and just hope that they are better than the B movie type episode I’ve just watched and now thrown in the bin with the other garbage.

——————
    Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous

Australia is only up to season 5 of Voyager so I can’t say much but I will say this. TV is like chewing gum for the brain. Don’t think about it too much.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

ummm no they recrute here a few mins before they did it last time however if they do that they cant recruit her the first time because she wont be there – it all depends on whether you think there are mulitple timelines or just one

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

Thats the only explanation I can think of. But it still doesn’t explain why 7 found the device before Voyager left but it wasn’t there at a later time.
    Anyway Cbrate is right. I’ve wasted enough time thinking about this ep. I think I should get out more.

Anonymous

you think you should get out more how about this –

in the edpisode elemtary Dear data – Gordie builds this modle ship and when moreatary rocks the ship he tell them that some of the stunsels have broken however in the film Generations where Rikers Asks Gordie to do something or other he replies – whats a stunsel

now i really need to get out more

oh and remember star trek is just a show it doesnt matter if it makes sense or not its just fun to watch

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

What is a stunsel?? No. Never mind. Yeh tell me, what is it… no, I dont want to know…yes I do… no its not important…aaaaggghhhh.
    Im going for a lie down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.