What / Who have you named after a sci-fi character?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub What / Who have you named after a sci-fi character?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dgrequeen
    Participant

If I were ever going to have another child, or another animal (which I’m not), I would name at least one of them Kai, just because I think it’s a cool name.

I secretly call my new truck Overdog (that’s a cool name too), from that movie that Peter Straus and Molly Ringwald and Michael Ironside were in (Adventures in the Forbidden Zone? I forget). Rotten movie, but Michael Ironside who played Overdog was too evil as always!

Geek, and proud of it!

Anonymous

Squish, a lizard I nursed for a few days after I unfortunatly whacked its foreclaw with a shovel while working in my yard Felt bad but it did get better and hopefully is out there munching on insects and spiders so they dont bite me at night.

Deliena
    Participant

Well – after looking at the 2 geekiest things, and realising two of our SadGeezers have named something / someone after a favourite character in a show I think we need to start a SERIOUS bit of linen washing in public.

My partner had the entire cast of Aliens for the names for his cats (apparently Ripley was very sulky, and Newt was an affection junkie, Apone was very feral and very vicious – so about right for characterisation too).

His first cat was also named in a sad way, she was called Mitzy – which is the name of a motorbike in Future Track 5 (apparently anyone who recognises this book – which doesn’t include me btw – is a confirmed SadGeezer!)

For my part, I simply named my first computer HAL (and when people weren’t around I talked to it!) and my favourite password to use for about the first 5 years I was on the internet was dilithium (I don’t use it anymore for anything – so this is safe to post!)

I hold my head in shame, and hope that other SadGeezer and Geezerettes will come and join me in my corner of shame!

Anonymous

I named my laptop Kai, which isn’t particularly weird on this board

But what is weird, is that when I bought the laptop a couple of years ago (it’s an iBook) it came with a diagnostic CD called Apple Care (from Micromat). I had to use Apple Care a few months ago–when the instructions come up, you see a sample of what the diagnostic display will look like. The sample display shows two drive icons. One is called Stan, the other is called Zev. I totally freaked for a moment and figured either I’ve gone completely nuts or my computer has and is blabbing my secrets to a g*dd**n CD. Once I got over it I realized another Lexx fan must have infiltrated the real world. It made my day!

elmey

Anonymous

Well – after looking at the 2 geekiest things, and realising two of our SadGeezers have named something / someone after a favourite character in a show I think we need to start a SERIOUS bit of linen washing in public.

yes guilty as charged! i did name my son after Darien Lambert of “Time Traxx”, but in my defense i did make his middle name a normal thing, it is William. which is my brothers, grandfathers, great-grandfathers, etc…name. and the tradition is on the female side of the family too. the first born female of each generation has Elizabeth either as a first or middle name.

if i do have another child i will probably pick a name from Babylon 5. Lyta or Delenn if it is a girl. and if it is a boy well…maybe G’kar! LOL seriously though if it is a boy i was thinking Sheridan or Sinclair. although you can argue that those could be girl names too.

ok this may not be scifi names but i did name my oldest cat Felix after Felix Unger of the “Odd Couple”. and one of my other kitties is named Maxwell after Maxwell Smart of “Get Smart”.

bonnee
    Participant

I once named my pimples 7 of 9

Anonymous

Lol, I ,to ,must admit to having a cat named Ripley. We named her that because when we first were looking for a cat at the shelter, we were looking at the cat in the cage next to her and Ripley attacked the wall next to our hands until we stopped. My mom piped up and said ” I know what she’s thinking …..”get away from her you bitch!” ,and so, a name and a pet were joined

Also, I had some fish once that I named Londo and G’Kar…they killed each other

but the oddest thing I may have done is name my computer Holly, because it acts like it’s not all there half the time, the other half, it’s doing things it shouldn’t on it’s own! (I even have a still shot of norman Lovett in the holly mode as my desktop lol)

and my car only goes off alignment if anyone but me drives it (i.e. iI can let go of the wheel and it goes straight, but anyone else almost runs off the road) and plus the ac won’twork unless I’m in the car, I haven’t named her, but I always tell everyone that my car loves me and “doesn’t fare change” lol

Anonymous

I don’t know if Resident Evil counts as sci-fi (personally I consider it sci-fi horror), but I’ve named one of my cats Jill, after Jill Valentine, ‘cos it’s got into a lotta fights and never lost one. Keeewaaal, innit?

Anonymous

My mother nearly called me Srah Jane, because she liked Sarah Jane off of Doctor Who.
    And I call my computer Kai! (It’s actually short for The Kai Drool Zone, even though I was forced to get rid of all my pics by a malfuctioning file, but no one’s perfect!)

Anonymous

Well, my youngest daughter is named Zoe Louise, though my husband named her. Both are names from Doctor Who. Though of course, one is an actress’s name. Was thinking though, her middle name could arguably be for the wonderful actress who played Lyekka. My daughter was born during Lexx’s run. *G* From now on, when asked, that is what I’ll say at least.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.