What’s happened to the Red Dwarf Movie?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Red Dwarf What’s happened to the Red Dwarf Movie?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

No news is NOT good news!

As far as I’m aware, they have stopped shooting the movie and it will shortly go into editing. Has anyone heard any news lately. redwarf.co.uk has almost nothing on the subject!

Anonymous

Well, last I heard is that they haven’t even started shooting, and that the cast have just started readthroughs of the completed script. Or so it says on the official site.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SteamboatWillie:
    Well, last I heard is that they haven’t even started shooting, and that the cast have just started readthroughs of the completed script. Or so it says on the official site.

yup, they started the readthroughs March 27, 2001. According to corona by last september, reddwarf’s producer was saying they were aiming for a christmas 2002 release. They didn’t want to release in summer and compete with episode II.

I think corona is a pretty reliable source for the latest movie info. They sometimes post rumours (e.g. the scary rumour about danny and chris leaving the production!), but they usually also say whether the info is rumour or confirmed. They usually have better information than the movie homepages, and all news from early production rumours to the actual release!

Check out this (use the ‘get listing’ button under the ‘by name’ heading for an alphabetical list) for a comprehensive list of pretty much every movie that will or might be released. I can’t believe some of the stuff that’s getting released (battlefield earth 2?!!).

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: bugblatterbeast ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well.. from Robert Llewellyn’s website[/url]:

quote:

Red Dwarf: The Movie

It’s the same old same old. Yes, the movie is going to happen, ‘but when, oh when,’ Robert hears you cry. Well, the simple fact of the matter is, no one is certain, but the official line is that the movie will start shooting in September this year, ready for release early summer 2003.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.