Whats up with this board?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda Whats up with this board?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I havent stopped by for a while and was looking forward to reading and replying to the mound of posts that I hoped would’ve mounted up. But to my dismay there hasnt been a new post since my last return so i ask Whats up? normally this place is a circus of messages, arguments and general chit chat, but recently…nothing. Did i miss a memo or something, i would have thought that with andromeda back on C4 that there may have been some idle conversing over the golden oldies episodes but ive actually found posts from months ago at the top of the list. So could someone tell me, whats up?

Anonymous

I still watch Andromeda but it’s gotten strange. They claimed (I think) that they were dumbing down the story starting S2. But if anything its just gotten more confusing. Last episode wasent bad, we finally got to meet a Vedrin. All the episodes arent bad its just that they arent really going anywhere with the series at present. At least thats my take on it.

Anonymous

I still watch Andromeda but it’s gotten strange. They claimed (I think) that they were dumbing down the story starting S2. But if anything its just gotten more confusing. Last episode wasent bad, we finally got to meet a Vedrin. All the episodes arent bad its just that they arent really going anywhere with the series at present. At least thats my take on it.

Anonymous

Jay Jay the whole BB has been a little slow this last week. except for the Lexx forums but with only two shows left i would expected to to be busy. as for this forum i am working on getting another interview (hopefully Trance, Laura Bertram). surely this will help but we need our regulars to start posting more! as always we have Hollydays excellent reviews. and Phoenixfire31 has contributed excellent reviews too.
    Jay Jay i don’t know what ep you are up to in Scotland but here in the U.S we are up to episode 2.19 “Belly of the Beast” which will air this Saturday. please let me know which episode you are up to. and remember if a topic has ‘spoilers’ in the title and you have not seen the ep yet, don’t read it if you don’t want to know what happens in the show.
    Jay Jay help us out and start posting your questions and observations. and maybe we can get more peeps to start posting too. and that goes for all of us Amdromeda geezers! lets make this forum a busy and fun place to be!

Anonymous

Jay Jay the whole BB has been a little slow this last week. except for the Lexx forums but with only two shows left i would expected to to be busy. as for this forum i am working on getting another interview (hopefully Trance, Laura Bertram). surely this will help but we need our regulars to start posting more! as always we have Hollydays excellent reviews. and Phoenixfire31 has contributed excellent reviews too.
    Jay Jay i don’t know what ep you are up to in Scotland but here in the U.S we are up to episode 2.19 “Belly of the Beast” which will air this Saturday. please let me know which episode you are up to. and remember if a topic has ‘spoilers’ in the title and you have not seen the ep yet, don’t read it if you don’t want to know what happens in the show.
    Jay Jay help us out and start posting your questions and observations. and maybe we can get more peeps to start posting too. and that goes for all of us Amdromeda geezers! lets make this forum a busy and fun place to be!

Anonymous

Right now we just passed “A rose in the ashes” here in scotland, and i have every intention of following your advice and avoiding all messages with spoiler warnings. I have already been disapointed gravely after i took a venture to the episode reviews section and noticed that a great portion of season 2 has been reviewed and posted. I find nothing wrong with that but i was more than mildly peeved to find that the headings to these episodes were nothing close to vague. I now know when rev leaves, the plot lines for half the season and all because i thought i would satisfy my curiousity to see if i might find some new screen caps for a project i was working on as part of my college course.We’ll get to these episode soon enough I’m sure, once that tragic excuse for a show “Enterprise” has finished its run. But for the time being while i wait for the show to return I took upon myself to write a fanfic. I know the stigma that follows fan fic writers sindce half of them are “slash” and its often considered “sad” to do such a thing, but i really disagree, my opinion would no doubt be biased towards my own work but I think it has potential possibly even the first andromeda book, but then again thats based on a lot of “Ifs” that have no control over.When i’ve got more time though, I’ll come back and post a few quips and questions and do my small part to get this message board back to its old exciting self.

Anonymous

Right now we just passed “A rose in the ashes” here in scotland, and i have every intention of following your advice and avoiding all messages with spoiler warnings. I have already been disapointed gravely after i took a venture to the episode reviews section and noticed that a great portion of season 2 has been reviewed and posted. I find nothing wrong with that but i was more than mildly peeved to find that the headings to these episodes were nothing close to vague. I now know when rev leaves, the plot lines for half the season and all because i thought i would satisfy my curiousity to see if i might find some new screen caps for a project i was working on as part of my college course.We’ll get to these episode soon enough I’m sure, once that tragic excuse for a show “Enterprise” has finished its run. But for the time being while i wait for the show to return I took upon myself to write a fanfic. I know the stigma that follows fan fic writers sindce half of them are “slash” and its often considered “sad” to do such a thing, but i really disagree, my opinion would no doubt be biased towards my own work but I think it has potential possibly even the first andromeda book, but then again thats based on a lot of “Ifs” that have no control over.When i’ve got more time though, I’ll come back and post a few quips and questions and do my small part to get this message board back to its old exciting self.

Anonymous

Hmmm, must admit I haven’t been in here much myself recently. I used to check in here at least once a day but I’ve been distracted recently. I think this is my first post in two or three months

And Jay Jay, fanfic isn’t sad, its…homage to greatness. Or so I tell myself whenever I get teased by my sisters for my hobby. Hey, I’m not a geek, I’m creative! Really

Anonymous

Hmmm, must admit I haven’t been in here much myself recently. I used to check in here at least once a day but I’ve been distracted recently. I think this is my first post in two or three months

And Jay Jay, fanfic isn’t sad, its…homage to greatness. Or so I tell myself whenever I get teased by my sisters for my hobby. Hey, I’m not a geek, I’m creative! Really

Anonymous

Jay Jay thanks for letting me know where you are in the series. it helps me to know what to edit (for spoilers). i will do my best to make sure that anyone posting has the word, spoilers, in the title and the appropiate spoiler gap when they post a topic that you and others have not seen. now i just need to know where the UK, Australia and other countries are in the series.
    and here are my favorites from the first season that you have not seen yet.
    1.12 The Mathematics Of Tears
    1.14 Harper 2.0
    1.16 Sum Of Its Parts
    1.22 … It’s Hour Come Round At Last (1st part)
    2.01 The Widening Gyre (2nd part) season 2 premiere.

1.14 Harper 2.0 is an excellent ep!!! one of the best!

as for the fanfics i say go ahead and post them here. i would love to see what you guys have done. i will make a request to Sadgeezer for a fanfic section for the upgraded site and then i can just transfer the fanfics there.

i thought i would satisfy my curiousity to see if i might find some new screen caps for a project i was working on as part of my college course.

Sadgeezer has made a request to Andromeda fans that have this technology to contribute. i personally don’t have the hardware to do this (damn dinosaur!) but i am working on it, but it will probably be months from now before i can afford it. so if anyone can help us out, all of us fans would really appreciate it!

Anonymous

Jay Jay thanks for letting me know where you are in the series. it helps me to know what to edit (for spoilers). i will do my best to make sure that anyone posting has the word, spoilers, in the title and the appropiate spoiler gap when they post a topic that you and others have not seen. now i just need to know where the UK, Australia and other countries are in the series.
    and here are my favorites from the first season that you have not seen yet.
    1.12 The Mathematics Of Tears
    1.14 Harper 2.0
    1.16 Sum Of Its Parts
    1.22 … It’s Hour Come Round At Last (1st part)
    2.01 The Widening Gyre (2nd part) season 2 premiere.

1.14 Harper 2.0 is an excellent ep!!! one of the best!

as for the fanfics i say go ahead and post them here. i would love to see what you guys have done. i will make a request to Sadgeezer for a fanfic section for the upgraded site and then i can just transfer the fanfics there.

i thought i would satisfy my curiousity to see if i might find some new screen caps for a project i was working on as part of my college course.

Sadgeezer has made a request to Andromeda fans that have this technology to contribute. i personally don’t have the hardware to do this (damn dinosaur!) but i am working on it, but it will probably be months from now before i can afford it. so if anyone can help us out, all of us fans would really appreciate it!

Anonymous

originally posted by Maryavatar

quote:

Hmmm, must admit I haven’t been in here much myself recently. I used to check in here at least once a day but I’ve been distracted recently. I think this is my first post in two or three months.

great to see you Maryavatar! and i agree fanfics are a great way to show how much you love a show!

[ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

originally posted by Maryavatar

quote:

Hmmm, must admit I haven’t been in here much myself recently. I used to check in here at least once a day but I’ve been distracted recently. I think this is my first post in two or three months.

great to see you Maryavatar! and i agree fanfics are a great way to show how much you love a show!

[ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

Hi JayJay I’m in Scotland too. Fanfic isn’t sad I’ve just started putting my stuff on line and I have to say there are some great writers out there that make me feel like the total amateur that I am. Check out the slipstream web bbs fanfiction and also fanfiction.net.

Some of these writers are better than the professionals, yes there are some truly bad fics too but that is what the net is all about, everyone can have their say.

Maryavatar, hiya hehe if you still want to archive help yourself gal

[ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: Brit ]

Anonymous

Hi JayJay I’m in Scotland too. Fanfic isn’t sad I’ve just started putting my stuff on line and I have to say there are some great writers out there that make me feel like the total amateur that I am. Check out the slipstream web bbs fanfiction and also fanfiction.net.

Some of these writers are better than the professionals, yes there are some truly bad fics too but that is what the net is all about, everyone can have their say.

[ 27-04-2002: Message edited by: Brit ]

Anonymous

Absolutely agree!

Not a big fan of fanfic but you are right! There are a lot of cool writers out there and one of the greatest complements for a show is for one or more of these writers to spend the time and trouble crafting a homage to their fave show. Long may it continue!

Anonymous

Absolutely agree!

Not a big fan of fanfic but you are right! There are a lot of cool writers out there and one of the greatest complements for a show is for one or more of these writers to spend the time and trouble crafting a homage to their fave show. Long may it continue!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Brit:

Hiya Brit. Yeah, I do still want to archive your story, but weren’t you going to do a spicier ending for me? Sorry if you e-mailed me about this but yahoo was bouncing a lot last week.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Brit:

Hiya Brit. Yeah, I do still want to archive your story, but weren’t you going to do a spicier ending for me? Sorry if you e-mailed me about this but yahoo was bouncing a lot last week.

Anonymous

The alternate ending should be up at fanfiction net by tomorrow morning some time.

Anonymous

The alternate ending should be up at fanfiction net by tomorrow morning some time.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.