What’s with the auction section of the Board?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff What’s with the auction section of the Board?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Christine Carroll
    Participant

ok… i’m registred, but an not a memeber…. you people say its free to become a member… yet every time i try it says something about a fee…. and i would also like to know why are some of the forums private?? like the Auction one?? i mean i would like to sell some of my stuff… or try to any way .. but i don’t have the pass word…. now how could i go about doing this ??? do i need to be a full fledged memeber or do i need permission from SAD or what?? if anyone can help please respond !!! thanks !!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

Anonymous

Hiya Christine,

I’ll respond to each individually:

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    ok… i’m registred, but an not a memeber…. you people say its free to become a member… yet every time i try it says something about a fee….

There are two types of membership. The first is the Gold SadGeezer Membership (all items of merchandise and this costs about 30 pounds). The second is the Silver SadGeezer membership which is free and you also get a free SadGeezer pen. The only thing we ask for is that you pay the postage. It’s only a few pence in the UK (38pence I think), but the cost of shiping a pen and a letter to say California from the UK is about 2 dollars. Since we are giving stuff away, we only ask that you pay postage.

…and i would also like to know why are some of the forums private?? like the Auction one?? i mean i would like to sell some of my stuff… or try to any way .. but i don’t have the pass word…. now how could i go about doing this ??? do i need to be a full fledged memeber or do i need permission from SAD or what?? if anyone can help please respond !!! thanks !!

There are a couple of private forums for SadGeezer Members. The auction is one of them. The auction is for members to sell any surplus sci fi stuff to other members and it’s a feature of SadGezer Membership.

There are two ways to gain access:

1. You must be a SadGeezer Member to participate and you must be issued with a password
    2. You should email me with your SadGeezer Membership number and I will grant you privalaged access (saves having to type in the forum password each time you try and enter).

Hope that answers your questions. I should say that the SadGeezer club membership is still pretty new and we have a lot of shy members out there, so it’s pretty inactive at the moment. However, there will soon be competitions and auctions of sci fi merchandise on a regular basis once we get the SadGeezers Guide up to date (its undergoing a major re-development as you may have noticed).

Also, if enough of you insist, I could open the auction forum up to non members so that you can try it out for a while… what do you think?

——————

crusader
    Participant

How would it work fore me, hoes from Sweden?

How would it work in paymend if I wonted to be a member?

(Hmm… 30 pounds!!! That would be a litle more than 300 swedish kronor!!! What doe you get fore that?)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    How would it work fore me, hoes from Sweden?

About 40 dollars. I think that the online system would deduct 40 dollars of Kroners from you credit card.

quote:

How would it work in paymend if I wonted to be a member?

You would simply click here and decide if you wanted to be a Gold member or a Silver member. You would need a credit card for both, The gold membership pays for all the merchandise and the silver membership is free (and has a free pen) but you have to pay postage.

quote:

(Hmm… 30 pounds!!! That would be a litle more than 300 swedish kronor!!! What doe you get fore that?)

I don’t actually get anything… well I do, but the company that handles the merchandise has said that they will handle merchandise and I can host my site on their server. That mighht seem a raw deal, but wqhen you realize that a gigabyte is downloaded from the SadGeezers Guide each you can see my reason for likimng the deal. It would have cost me 375 pounds per month otherwise.

300 Kroner!! Wow that’s cheep!

Go on, crusader, why not try being a silver member first (all that costs is postage) then become a Gold member when you feel more comfortable?!

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited 01-28-2001).]

crusader
    Participant

Well, since I dont have a creditcard and cant get one (untill Iv gotten a steddy job and worked there atlist 1 year! I dont now how its in UK but here its hard fore someone as young as me to get a creditcard) it looks like I have to doe with out one!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

You can pay by check if you like. I went to the SadGeezer Ltd. site and looked at the ‘info’ section. They say that you can pay by cheque….

quote:

….. We accept Visa and Mastercar, Cheques Postal Orders as well as Delta Switch and Solo. Please make Cheques payable to ORBIT – INTERNET, 5 clifton Square, Lytham St. Annnes, Lancashire, UK, FY8 5JP. You may send your credit card information vai phone , fax, mail or over the internet (Secure Sever).

The other option of course, is to get your parents or a friend to purchase the membership for you.

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited 01-29-2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t actually get anything… well I do, but the company that handles the merchandise has said that they will handle merchandise and I can host my site on their server. That mighht seem a raw deal, but wqhen you realize that a gigabyte is downloaded from the SadGeezers Guide each you can see my reason for likimng the deal. It would have cost me 375 pounds per month otherwise.

£375 sounds really steep for a months hosting and 1GB of bandwidth! Are you sure that’s not a year?

Anonymous

Yes, that’s a gigabyte a day. Do you think that 375 pounds per month is a lot? (that’s for up to 5 gigs per day)

——————

Anonymous

quote:

I dont now how its in UK but here its hard fore someone as young as me to get a creditcard)

Do you know what’s even sadder? Is how easy it is for someone as young as you to get one here. At college fairs, companies just hand them out. And, my fellow pea brains and I, with neither jobs nor a wit of sense, with our hands out, took the blasted things! Ugh! Needless to say, when my parents finally got it through my thick skull that credit wasn’t MY money, they’d bailed me out of one card and I was working three jobs to pay off the others! (Financial planning should be a mandatory college course.) So, don’t be too sad that it’s harder to get one there, Crusader; harder won means you’ll appreciate it more and probably use it more wisely. (I still kick myself for having been such a dunce! )

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

1GB a day? Ouch..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.