Whats wrong?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    crusader
    Participant

Half of some of the topics are missing and the messages you post on them doesent get there!!!

Look at “LEXX episodes”! It just stops in the middle of an topic!!!

Is it just my computer or isomething wrong?

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Half of some of the topics are missing and the messages you post on them doesent get there!!!

Look at “LEXX episodes”! It just stops in the middle of an topic!!!

i noticed two of the threads were not loading last night, i assumed because people were posting as i was trying to access, i’ve told sad so hopefully it will get resolved

Is it just my computer or isomething wrong?

DalekTek790
    Participant

It’s not just you. This site is broken or something. Yesterday I saw there was a new post on “Thoughts on the next season” and I couldn’t see if they were agreeing with me or not.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve not been posting much lately due to RL (or sometimes more like unreal life) issues.

crusader
    Participant

I gues Im the only one that hasent anything bether to do!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

funny you should mention it dalek tek but this weekend i thought the board was really slow…i know blackcloud was down and out with a migraine , and i guess sad has finally burrowed out of his illness to find reams of mess to plow through (missing messages and so on) but yeah i guess people are suffering that midwinter blues and just not getting into writing…anyway check in tonight after garden and we’ll have something to chat about hopefully

crusader
    Participant

Is it just me or has the forum looked kinda dead latly?

“Dead, dead, dead, we rater live in stead!”
    -Brigadoom

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Hiya,

The server has been a bit screwy the last few days. The trouble is that the ISP is having to shift some sites to another server because this one is getting so many hits!

In the last 3 days the site has had 250,000 hits (50,000 page views, 12,000 visitors). It will take a couple of days to settle down, but you’ll find that the page refresh rate is a little slower than usual.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Thank god that everyone of them dont post on the bord!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cobalt servers are better at lots of little sites rather than large dynamic ones, and for some reason seem slow at delivering graphics (and there are lots of graphics in the page headers.. for a while I had the cache setting wrong and IE was reloading the images every time I changed pages on this board and it took forever to do anything!)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    Cobalt servers are better at lots of little sites rather than large dynamic ones, and for some reason seem slow at delivering graphics (and there are lots of graphics in the page headers..

Good point Cat. The SadGeezers Guide is on a Cobalt Server and I’m currently thinking of moving it to an NT server (my ISP are giving me the option), never liked NT servers though.

Sometimes I find that clicking the refresh button on my browser will help if a page isn’t displaying a new message, or if there is some problem. The integrity of the data seems fine, it’s just poroblems in getting it off the server, to you guys.

Hope it resolves soon. I’m starting to get lots of contributions from people and with things like LEXX Windoes themes etc, it’s gonna be big on server pressure.

——————

Anonymous

YEP! Like Sad, I just hit the refresh button. Works every time. And hey! Don’t kid yourselves…this is MUCH better than SciFi’s crappy server…
    *Rustam ducks in case the newbies take a swing at her*

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

crusader
    Participant

Oh, what now?

The hole damn thing crashed some minutes agow!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Crusader, the server hasn’t crashed (at least not for a few months) it runs a little slower than usual sometimes, but these are around 7-10pm GMT (Tuesday after the Andromeda review is posted). It may be that your internet connection has a slow or lonmg path to the server. I have a very slow connection when trying to log on from work and my employer has a much bigger bandwidth connection than me.

Don’t worry if everything looks screwed up, just press refresh a couple of times and it should be ok.

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

Now it’s happening again! Each page of “Lexx writers” has posts cropped off, and refreshing the screen and coming back later and all that stuff is ineffective. How come whenever I post something about how Lexx needs to be less sexy, the topic freezes up?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Now it’s happening again! Each page of “Lexx writers” has posts cropped off How come whenever I post something about how Lexx needs to be less sexy, the topic freezes up?

don’t worry dalek tek i am not editing your posts…i just got an email from blackie that whenever she trie to log in the board kicks her off, and that the lexxwriters thread is all mess ed up… i will try to send this now and alert sad as well

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.