Whats your favourite LEXX set?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Whats your favourite LEXX set?

• This topic has 26 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Nox.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I always liked the season 1 bridge with it’s big open moth platform but I’ve grown to love the current bridge (shame its being torn down) this got me thinking….
    Whats anyones favourite Lexx area
    eg. The galley, the shower room, moth breeding chamber etc…
    Personally i’m quite fond of Xev’s sleep chamber…..
    Do other people think in these terms or am I just plain old stupid?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

Anonymous

My favorite set has got to be the Cryochamber room and not just because of Kai being in there although that’s one of the reasons. It seems so quiet in there and cool and very peaceful …. Sometimes when I find myself getting overwhelmed by anxiety I picture myself on a spaceship where it’s so quiet and dark and cool and I’m zipping through space and no one can reach me….
    No one calling my name, no telephone, no one needing my attention. It really works for me, too. Although I wouldn’t like it all the time it really helps me to relax. Yea, I would love to be asleep in that cryochamber…

Anonymous

My favorite set has got to be the Cryochamber room and not just because of Kai being in there although that’s one of the reasons. It seems so quiet in there and cool and very peaceful …. Sometimes when I find myself getting overwhelmed by anxiety I picture myself on a spaceship where it’s so quiet and dark and cool and I’m zipping through space and no one can reach me….
    No one calling my name, no telephone, no one needing my attention. It really works for me, too. Although I wouldn’t like it all the time it really helps me to relax. Yea, I would love to be asleep in that cryochamber…

Anonymous

Oh, I almost forgot, No, Mecury, you are not stupid

Oh, I almost forgot to say this – No, Mecury, you are NOT stupid. I think it’s a great topic …..

Anonymous

Oh, I almost forgot, No, Mecury, you are not stupid

Oh, I almost forgot to say this – No, Mecury, you are NOT stupid. I think it’s a great topic …..

Anonymous

Personally, I can’t stand the Season 1 bridge. But that’s just me, I suppose. My favorite set? Well, for the sheer “artificial-ness” of it, I gotta say the whole TV planet from “Lafftrak.” It’s just great.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Personally, I can’t stand the Season 1 bridge. But that’s just me, I suppose. My favorite set? Well, for the sheer “artificial-ness” of it, I gotta say the whole TV planet from “Lafftrak.” It’s just great.

–Aleck

Anonymous

The Brunnen-G Hall of Souls (or library) on Brunnis1. I loved that yawing open faced building. The doors on it gave me a flashback to the Halls of Moria (Tolkien) and foreshadowed possible impending doom.

Another reason why I liked it is because it reminded me a little of some Dr. Who sets. Not too expensive, not too shabby, either. A sort of “makedo” set, where everyone’s creativity was used to the fullest.

The exitement of getting to know KAi’s ancestors added to the delight I felt while viewing “SuperNova.”

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

The Brunnen-G Hall of Souls (or library) on Brunnis1. I loved that yawing open faced building. The doors on it gave me a flashback to the Halls of Moria (Tolkien) and foreshadowed possible impending doom.

Another reason why I liked it is because it reminded me a little of some Dr. Who sets. Not too expensive, not too shabby, either. A sort of “makedo” set, where everyone’s creativity was used to the fullest.

The exitement of getting to know KAi’s ancestors added to the delight I felt while viewing “SuperNova.”

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

trillian
    Participant

I know they aren’t exactly sets, but I like the moths. I enjoy roadtrips. The moths enclosed space remind me of cars. And wouldn’t it be fun to drive one of those puppies! whoo.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

I know they aren’t exactly sets, but I like the moths. I enjoy roadtrips. The moths enclosed space remind me of cars. And wouldn’t it be fun to drive one of those puppies! whoo.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

I’m all over the flying in a moth idea!!! I think my favorite set is the Divine Predecessors room. No real reason for it just love the idea of a room full of brains sitting around talking crap all day long.

As to what I REALLY like though is the LEXX itself. I’m praying they release a model of it someday!!! And if the evolution rumours are true I would like to see 2 models. Pre and post evolving.

Anonymous

I’m all over the flying in a moth idea!!! I think my favorite set is the Divine Predecessors room. No real reason for it just love the idea of a room full of brains sitting around talking crap all day long.

As to what I REALLY like though is the LEXX itself. I’m praying they release a model of it someday!!! And if the evolution rumours are true I would like to see 2 models. Pre and post evolving.

Anonymous

Mercury, this is a wonderfully original topic! Well, since I’m probably the only person gleefully thrilled that there’s a blankey of snow outside, I’d have to go with the cryochamber. Heck, the room I’m typing in is a veritable cryochamber. Of course, there aren’t too many places to sit there…
    I know this isn’t a built set but I loved the beach on Beach. But, for just kickin’ back on the Lexx, remember that little place where Xev saw that butterfly? I like that little spot a lot. For fun, I’d pick the Moth chamber. It seems like it would be fun to go down(?) there and mess with their heads. (“Hey, can ya put a trunk in that Moth?” “What about a four-door?” “Whaddaya mean “spoiler” does not compute??” )

*******************BlackCloud****************

Anonymous

Mercury, this is a wonderfully original topic! Well, since I’m probably the only person gleefully thrilled that there’s a blankey of snow outside, I’d have to go with the cryochamber. Heck, the room I’m typing in is a veritable cryochamber. Of course, there aren’t too many places to sit there…
    I know this isn’t a built set but I loved the beach on Beach. But, for just kickin’ back on the Lexx, remember that little place where Xev saw that butterfly? I like that little spot a lot. For fun, I’d pick the Moth chamber. It seems like it would be fun to go down(?) there and mess with their heads. (“Hey, can ya put a trunk in that Moth?” “What about a four-door?” “Whaddaya mean “spoiler” does not compute??” )

*******************BlackCloud****************

Anonymous

Being in a hot climate,(Australia) I think my favourite set in the cryochamber, mainly because Kai is to be found there ……The Moth breeding chamber from the 3rd series with the moth breeders is my other fav. To change the topic ever so slightly, my least favourite are (they are a pair) the planets Fire and Water. Don’t know why, maybe just a let down after series 2 variety..

——————

Anonymous

Being in a hot climate,(Australia) I think my favourite set in the cryochamber, mainly because Kai is to be found there ……The Moth breeding chamber from the 3rd series with the moth breeders is my other fav. To change the topic ever so slightly, my least favourite are (they are a pair) the planets Fire and Water. Don’t know why, maybe just a let down after series 2 variety..

——————

Anonymous

Thanx guys! All this response is really interesting. The moth breeding chamber idea is cool…I wonder if someone could influence the moth breeders to make bigger more powerful moths?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

Anonymous

Thanx guys! All this response is really interesting. The moth breeding chamber idea is cool…I wonder if someone could influence the moth breeders to make bigger more powerful moths?

——————

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya,
    continuing the conversation of fave sets, i really like stan’s sleeping quarters. It looks really cosey there in his little moth bed. Ideally it would have the silks that Xev’s bed has, and a big Kai “teddy bear” to cuddle heh heh
    ta ta
    xxx

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya,
    continuing the conversation of fave sets, i really like stan’s sleeping quarters. It looks really cosey there in his little moth bed. Ideally it would have the silks that Xev’s bed has, and a big Kai “teddy bear” to cuddle heh heh
    ta ta
    xxx

Anonymous
    Inactive

It appears, from watching Fire and Water, that Stanleys bed is in the moth breeding chamber, while I’d always assumed it was on the same level as the bridge, likewise Xev’s sleeping chamber. You definately need a moth to reach the p-chamber, but Prince & co. got up to the bridge from the moth chamber with no problem, and the crew got down there with no problem, yet in IWHS they reached the bridge from the moth breeding chamber in a moth……..

Anonymous
    Inactive

It appears, from watching Fire and Water, that Stanleys bed is in the moth breeding chamber, while I’d always assumed it was on the same level as the bridge, likewise Xev’s sleeping chamber. You definately need a moth to reach the p-chamber, but Prince & co. got up to the bridge from the moth chamber with no problem, and the crew got down there with no problem, yet in IWHS they reached the bridge from the moth breeding chamber in a moth……..

Anonymous

I always assumed that Lexx had rearranged the “human interest” areas between series 1 and 2 to allow easier accsess for the crew. But who knows? Maybe the huge cavern with all the moths in IWHS and Supernova wasn’t the breeding chamber just a storage area? There were no breeders around and we know how many moths they make! If it wasn’t the moth breeding chamber then continuity prevails as it was never seen until 3.01 only referenced in 2.12.

——————

Anonymous

I always assumed that Lexx had rearranged the “human interest” areas between series 1 and 2 to allow easier accsess for the crew. But who knows? Maybe the huge cavern with all the moths in IWHS and Supernova wasn’t the breeding chamber just a storage area? There were no breeders around and we know how many moths they make! If it wasn’t the moth breeding chamber then continuity prevails as it was never seen until 3.01 only referenced in 2.12.

——————

Nox
    Participant

The Cluster. Its so horribly dark and gothic. Like Blade Runner but with a medieval “feel”. It was so sad to see it explode so early in the series.

Nox
    Participant

The Cluster. Its so horribly dark and gothic. Like Blade Runner but with a medieval “feel”. It was so sad to see it explode so early in the series.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.