Who can set the record straight?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Who can set the record straight?

• This topic has 40 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Please accept my apologies if I offended anyone with my original post. Just trying to have a little fun, is all.

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited April 15, 2001).]

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

I always thought they were hazel. A very warm, sensual, entici–
    Erm, sorry. Got carried away there. Heheh.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

What if the Hokey Pokey really *is* what it’s all about?

Anonymous

Well, I think you just have to be a woman to understand……and they are hazel.

Anonymous

You don’t have to be a woman to understand the fascination. Geez Louise! Kai is a great character! Oh, um, er, you were talking about his eyes and how D R E A M Y they were. Never mind. (Yeah, okay! They’re allright)

trillian
    Participant

Heya, I asked the same darn thing and got the same answer. They are hazel, meaning sometimes appearing brown, sometimes green. Kewl.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

MM’s eyes are dark hazel except in Gondola where he is wearing extremely dark brown contacts. His eyes are one of his best features. I particularly enjoy it when you can catch just a hint of the wicked sense of humor he is purported to possess. There are several scenes in season three where he has a truly mischevious sparkle in his eyes.

Anonymous

Kai’s/MM’s eyes???? I can’t get MY eyes off his lips!!!! They have to be the most beautiful lips I have ever seen!! They are the most luscious lips in all of Lipdom….

Things you would Never Say to Kai:

“Don’t give me any of your lip!!!”
    “Don’t mouth off at me!!!”

Also I think it’s Shakespeare but there a verse that contains the words “habitual Sway”
    I think the “Kai walk” must be the “habitual Sway”…. In any event I love the way he walks….

Anonymous

I’m with NB1, who looks at eyes with lips like those??? But, I believe they are HAZEL!

(actually, that looks more like olive but they are hazel )

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 13, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    I’m with NB1, who looks at eyes with lips like those??? But, I believe they are HAZEL!

(actually, that looks more like olive but they are hazel )

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 13, 2001).]

Christine Carroll
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    I particularly enjoy it when you can catch just a hint of the wicked sense of humor he is purported to possess. There are several scenes in season three where he has a truly mischevious sparkle in his eyes.

Yes!!! Those little hints of smiles and humor (in Kai) are one of my favorite things about Lexx. Did anyone catch the seem in Boomtown… Bunny was talking about sleepiong with kai, Kai said he was dead, and cut his arm off to prove it?? Then Bunny picked it up and it was waving at her…Then the scene cuts to kai and he is giving this cute little grin and his eyes are sparkling??? I love that scene!!!! He looks so yummy in that scene! I want to eat him up!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Mmmm, what is it about the lips.
    Well the thing about full sensual lips is that you can’t help having wicked fantasies about them. Ya know full sensual lips doing the erotic fandango all over your eagerly responsive flesh.
    MM does have the fullest most sensual lips I’ve seen in a long time…kog trails off into a sensual reverie, [‘cos she knows it’s the only way she’ll ever get anywhere near MM’s lips hehe ]

hope that’s helped

Kog [ from a small straw hut somewhere on fantasy island]

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited April 13, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited April 14, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Reveal7:

I know, it’s a no brainer, but does that mean no brains, no pain and no pain, no pleasure?

Pain-pain in the brain-brain!

Bye, Kai! On to another topic.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

The scene from Boomtown just tickles me to pieces. That was one of the examples I had in mind when MM sneaks thru.
    Ahhhh, those lips. Take a very close look at them sometime. The left side of his lower lip is not the same thickness as is the right side. It looks like as a youngster he must have suffered a mouth trauma, there is an interesting scar that is just barely visible. In one of the eps, can’t remember off hand which one or which season, there is a scene where his make-up may have been applied by a sub because you can catch the full pattern of the scar. It is for an instant only, then the light changes and you can’t see it anymore. I gotta say, this little flaw makes him even more appealing and it would be my pleasure to kiss it and make it all better! Heh Heh

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

How did we get from eyes to lips? Okay, I’ll bite. What exactly is it about his lips?

Well, he does have a beautiful set of lips on him. They’re just the perfect shape and fullness, IMO. I love the cupid’s bow shape of his upper lip. Very kissable-looking. And yes, I know I won’t get the chance to do that, so there’s no need to remind me.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Anonymous

WHO CARES WHAT COLOR THEY ARE?! THEY’RE SEXY AND THAT’S ENOUGH FOR ME!!
    …that said, I too believe they are hazel.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Pain-pain in the brain-brain!

Bye, Kai! On to another topic.

Holey moley, it must be because of the influence of Friday the 13th(tho’ it’s actually the 14th, now), but I have to agree with the Dalek. (mark your calendars! )

What part of the ‘man is handsome’ do you not understand, Reveal? It’s really not a mystery; that’s what a no-brainer is, something that doesn’t require gray matter to figure out. I’m sure if you walk out your door and down your street you’ll probably run across at least one or two handsome men right in your own town. Hells, bells, we trip over them over here! (little good that does anyone) You wouldn’t be gathering info for a personals ad you’re putting together, would ya, R7? Hmmmmmm? Lotta questions you seem to be askin’ here. Are ya wantin’ to pattern yourself after the tall dark one? But, wait, you said you were a woman in another post, right? With estrogen, I assume? And, yet, you still don’t see why so many women find Kai alluring? Well, that can simply be chalked up to every person has their own tastes. My niece loves butter pecan ice cream and won’t look at chocolate. I’d sell my brother to Canadian traders for a pint of chocolate Haagen-Dazs and poo-poo butter pecan (ack!). One woman’s MM is another woman’s CarrotTop!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 14, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

One woman’s MM is another woman’s CarrotTop!

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited April 14, 2001).]

LMAO!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

hmmm,, i guess i’m missing the original post here?! anyway, i cast vote for lips over eyes (although they do appear to be a nice hazel) the lips are great, i’ll have to check for the scar, but everyone is a little asymmetric even with out scars (did you all notice how one side of may’s face is smaller than the other half?) but hey what about his nose?! isnt that the most wonderful nose you’ve seen in a while!!!

Anonymous

FX, It is the most wonderful nose in all of Nosedom!!!

Things you would not say to Kai:

Don’t stick your nose where it does’nt belong!
    God, You’re nosey!!

Perfect eyes, lips and nose, what I can’t understand is where has MM been all these years… Why have we not heard of him before?? (At least I had not).. He is clearly
    talented and of above (way, way above) most actors in the “Looks” department… O.K.. don’t hate me for this but I think MM would be the perfect Heathcliff re-Wuthuring Heights…..(Sorry, I did’nt spell that right)
    What do you think?,- I can see him as the tortured Healthcliff, brooding, dark, handsome as he longs for the love he and Cathy will never have. (Sorta like Kai and Xev)… If any of the Lexxians could cast MM in any role, what would it be. I’d be very interested as to how all you above average peeps in the brains department would use him… Not necessarily a film that has already been made, perhaps one of your own creation….
    I’ll be axiously awaiting your replies while I dream of MM’s nose, lips and eyes…….

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:
    If any of the Lexxians could cast MM in any role, what would it be. I’d be very interested as to how all you above average peeps in the brains department would use him… Not necessarily a film that has already been made, perhaps one of your own creation….
    I’ll be axiously awaiting your replies while I dream of MM’s nose, lips and eyes…….

Umm..I can’t come up with any serious answer. I keep thinking of odd things, like Darth Vader or Ford Prefect. Even bad seventies movies like Mitchell, a name that says where’s the beer. *giggle*
    I’m sorry, I just can’t do it!

*tears start to stream down cheeks*

——————

Anonymous

I think he could take over any of the Harrison Ford Franchise. He defiantly has the ‘Disgusted with Morons’ look down pat. He also does a really good ‘Why are you making me kill you’ look, both very necessary to all of Mr. Ford’s roles.

(Don’t get me wrong, I love Harrison, but he is getting just a little old to be playing opposite 18 year olds, which is about the upper age limit for Hollywood leading ladies I think.)

——————
    Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at? – Dan Fielding, “Night Court”
    Of Course if Dan had ever met Kai, he might have quickly become one of the dead.

Anonymous

quote:

Please accept my apologies if I offended anyone with my original post. Just trying to have a little fun, is all.

Yes, please have fun! (Don’t you run away now, Reveal, y’hear?!) “The funnings just begunings, darlings!”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxFan:
    I think he could take over any of the Harrison Ford Franchise. He definitely has the ‘Disgusted with Morons’ look down pat. He also does a really good ‘Why are you making me kill you’ look, both very necessary to all of Mr. Ford’s roles.

(Don’t get me wrong, I love Harrison, but he is getting just a little old to be playing opposite 18 year olds, which is about the upper age limit for Hollywood leading ladies I think.)

You may disagree with me, but I believe that those positions have been filled by Brandon Fraizer
    i.e., “The Mummy” and “The Return of the Mummy.” Keanu Reeves of “The Devil’s Advocate” and “The Watcher” would work for me too.
    I honestly don’t know if Mr. McManus is capable of taking on the “Harrison Ford Franchise.” I have only seen him act in LEXX which, so far, has not allowed me to see the complete range of his acting ability. I did, however, see Mr. McManus in “Dog Park”, but he was on and off screen in a matter of seconds playing a waiter.

Anonymous

quote:

Yes, please have fun! (Don’t you run away now, Reveal, y’hear?!) “The funnings just begunings, darlings!”

We have now CROSSED THE LINE__________between
    “The Twilight Zone” and “The Outer LIMITS.” We regret that we are unable to return you to your regularly scheduled programming. Does anyone NOSE the way back? All EYES NOSE is that it wasn’t me, and EYES didn’t do it!

Anonymous

Originally posted by NB1:
    … If any of the Lexxians could cast MM in any role, what would it be. I’d be very interested as to how all you above average peeps in the brains department would use him… Not necessarily a film that has already been made, perhaps one of your own creation….
    I’ll be axiously awaiting your replies while I dream of MM’s nose, lips and eyes…….[/B][/QUOTE]

*The above post is originally by NB 1*

The only movie that I can think of after 12:00 a.m. is “Beetle Juice.” Mr. McManus was great in “Wake the Dead”though. It must have been a refreshing break from playing the dead Kai. Oh wait, I’ve thought of another movie. How about a remake of “The Shining?”. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t resist. Just teasing. I did read somewhere that Mr. McManus was nominated, I believe, for an award (Canadian?) because of his outstanding performance in a move called “Speaking Parts.” I’m sure that he is a very talanted and well versed actor of great range.
    At least I hope so.

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited April 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Reveal7 (edited April 17, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

… If any of the Lexxians could cast MM in any role, what would it be. I’d be very interested as to how all you above average peeps in the brains department would use him… Not necessarily a film that has already been made, perhaps one of your own creation….

The only movie that I can think of after 12:00 a.m. is “Beetle Juice.” Mr. McManus was great in “Wake the Dead”though. It must have been a refreshing break from playing the dead Kai. Oh wait, I’ve thought of another movie. How about a remake of “The Shining?”. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t resist. Just teasing. I did read somewhere that Mr. McManus was nominated, I believe, for an award (Canadian?) because of his outstanding performance in a move called “Speaking Parts.” I’m sure that he is a very talanted and well versed actor of great range.
    At least I hope so. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think Michael would do an excellent job in the role of the screenwriter in Sunset Boulevard.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by canuk:
    I think Michael would do an excellent job in the role of the screenwriter in Sunset Boulevard.

The post that you are responding to was originally by NB 1. In response to your post, I think that casting Mr. McManus in the role of the screenwriter in Sunset Boulvevard is quite intriguing.

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Regarding other roles for MM:

Two words: Randall Flagg. I think he could really combine is penchant for “over the top” with the ultra-cool Kai demeanor in a role like that. And “The Stand” is due to be remade into a version that’s actually watchable (a book that awesome didn’t deserve the crappy TV miniseries it was made into).

I volunteer to play Nadine.(j/k)

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Sarcasmagoria:
    Regarding other roles for MM:

Two words: Randall Flagg. I think he could really combine is penchant for “over the top” with the ultra-cool Kai demeanor in a role like that. And “The Stand” is due to be remade into a version that’s actually watchable (a book that awesome didn’t deserve the crappy TV miniseries it was made into).

I volunteer to play Nadine.(j/k)

I’m in complete agreement with you regarding “The Stand.”

Anonymous

Mmmmm, many roles we feel MM would be great in, although, unless I missed it, no one suggested a Comedy….. Just think though, how many good-looking (and you know what I mean) comics are there? I always found Steve Martin attractive in a strange way..
    but most comedians sort of have an off-beat kind of look. Yea, I think MM is just too gorgeous to be funny! I’m not talking about a sense of humor just that all out, fall off your chair, kind of laughing… I can’t imagine him doing funny walks or impressions or whatever… Ahhhh, that curse of being drop-dead gorgeous, must be a struggle for the boy, everyday..

Anonymous

Hmmm, movies I’d like to MM do. Hamlet, The Shadow, Remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still in the role Michael Rennie played.And yes, he would be an interesting Heathcliff for Wuthering Heights. As to stepping into Harrison Ford type roles, McManus is too lightly built to be convincing. Oh Yes-a remake of Dracula-the one that starred Frank Langella!He’d be a good Zorro or Robin Hood as well. He mentioned in one of his interviews, he’d like to play James Bond. If he were to beef up a bit, it would be a good role for him. I just never have favored slender men in the role. Pierce Brosnan is damned attractive, but I just don’t care for him as James Bond. Sorry, Sean Connery is the Bond of all Bonds. Lastly, how about The Phantom or? MM was something else in Speaking Parts. Perhaps if he’d won the Genie, we would never have seen him in Lexx. Then again, he may never get into movies as his expressed preference is for theatre as opposed to celluloid.

Anonymous

I would LOVE to see MM do a remake of “The Philadelphia Story!” He could even do it with Patricia Zentilli! At least she’d get some proper nookie, well, after she broke his golf clubs and he shoved her in the face. I’d love to see MM taking on some Cary Grant roles. Now, there was a drop dead gorgeous man who was as funny as he was handsome as he was dramatic.

Anonymous

Eiiiik, YES! I must stand up for all women seeking genetically superb men. It’s obvious. Intelligence is the first sign. Humor, the second, good teeth the next, correct brow formation as wel as nasal and mouth stucture…ooops gottah go the techs here heh *drool*

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:
    Eiiiik, YES! I must stand up for all women seeking genetically superb men. It’s obvious. Intelligence is the first sign. Humor, the second, good teeth the next, correct brow formation as wel as nasal and mouth stucture…ooops gottah go the techs here heh *drool*

hi rusty, long time no see since old age has set in along with dementia, i am no longer interested in intelligence and humor, been there done that, now i just want a mindless gorgeous little twink to play with who will buzz off when i am busy and who doesn’t know enough to argue with me …oh and money would be nice too! how’s that for chauvenistic…

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

hi rusty, long time no see since old age has set in along with dementia, i am no longer interested in intelligence and humor, been there done that, now i just want a mindless gorgeous little twink to play with who will buzz off when i am busy and who doesn’t know enough to argue with me …oh and money would be nice too! how’s that for chauvenistic…

FOTCL ,
    oh god, how wonderfully and riotously non PC. Kog wipes her eyes with the back of her hand and tries to regain some composure. Bloody hell I’m so glad I wasn’t drinking anything, else the computer would be in for a service now [or at least my keyboard would be].
    Thanks for cheering me up
    Kog [who just can’t stop chuckling]

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Oooops,
    I didn’t think that first letter had posted,
    Kog

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by kaisothergirl2:
    Oooops,
    I didn’t think that first letter had posted,
    Kog

we are all having those days dearie when we finally meet in hali i will tell you all about my dream office and dream personel and how i plan to amuse myself by throwing paper wads on the floor so i can watch ’em bend over to pick them up

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    we are all having those days dearie when we finally meet in hali i will tell you all about my dream office and dream personel and how i plan to amuse myself by throwing paper wads on the floor so i can watch ’em bend over to pick them up

FX – I want to work at your dream office, too and I’ll have them climb up a ladder to fetch files and we’ll look up their pantlegs!!!

Then we’ll stand a little too close behind them and reach over and around them for things, brushing their arms and pecs, saying words like, “oh, excuse me”. And make them understand they are there completely for OUR enjoyment…

And rolling our eyes and shrugging when they run to the men’s room to cry…!!

Anonymous

I have no idea why that was posted twice but I guess it bears repeating….

Anonymous

This message board, to make up for my abyssmal lack of posting is making up for it by posting everyone elses messages twice, apparently.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by NB 1:

FX – I want to work at your dream office, too and I’ll have them climb up a ladder to fetch files and we’ll look up their pantlegs!!!

Then we’ll stand a little too close behind them . And make them understand they are there completely for OUR enjoyment…

SNORT!!!oink oink

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.