Who is Lyekka?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

I am unsure of whose soul Stan encountered on Water in Garden and Earth in Fluffdaddy. At some point in the past Stan knew a girl named Lyekka, a human who rejected him.

Years later, a Trin, which is a shapeshifting spaceborne carnivorous plant, took up residence on the Lexx and assumed Lyekka’s form, which she read telepathically from Stan’s dream. She became known as Lyekka, but was killed by Mantrid.

Then, in Garden City, Stan willed Lyekka’s form back, but who was it? The human or the Trin? Fire and Water seem to only house human souls, which would point to the human Lyekka. But she ate the gardeners, suggesting the plant. Did she just act like a plant because that was how Stan thought of her? Lyekka’s essence whet to Earth (or so I am told), and encountered Stan again. This time she looks and acts entirely human. She says she remembers being a plant, but it’s hinted that she was lying. Which soul was that? Human or Trin?

What do the other people at this board think?

Anonymous

Lyekka on Garden was the same plantform (I haven’t heard the name Trin) seen in Season 2. It’s debatable as to whether or not plants have souls, but I’d say that it’s fairly clear that this is the same Lyekka that we’ve known previously. As before, the form is taken from Stan’s dream (his dreamstate being induced by the mushroom), and as the gardeners state that they can grow any plant Stan desires, it may be simply that they grew a plant that had a conciousness identical to that of Lyekka’s (based on Stan’s memories). She is, however, certainly a plant and not a human. She grew from the soil, she emerged from a pod, and she consumes in the same manner as before.
    The Lyekka (Lu Lu) met on Earth is most certainly human. She acts toward Stan in an identical manner to her original human form, and it’s very obvious that she’s lying to Stan when she claims to remember her previous life. She seems to be completely overstating the case when she says that she remembers “the love, the passion” of their previous relationship. Lyekka’s affection for Stan never seemed to advance past a kind of schoolgirlish “I like you, Stanley” stage, and was definitely *not* passionate. Lu Lu = Lyekka (human)
    Lyekka (S2) = Lyekka (S3)

–Aleck

Anonymous

While it is true that Stan and Lyekka never made physical love, they did love each other. The earth Lyekka (LuLu)could very well have been the reincarnation of the human female Lyekka took the form of. As to the soul, think back to FiFi and his original incarnation from season 2 (I can’t remember his name from s2 just now). There were several examples of energy forms in season 3 that we originally saw in season 2. Bunny, for example, remains basically the same through each of her lives. I think LuLu was the female from Stan’s past before Lexx.

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    …(I can’t remember his name from s2 just now)…

FYI, FiFi’s name in S2 was Schlemmi.

Anonymous

Stan met Lykyya the human in Fluffdaddy. Lykyya the plant was not a bimbo. Lykyya the human was. Lykyya from fluffdaddy was.

The woman Stan met in Fluffdaddy acted like Lykyya from Stan’s high school days, very prima donna. Stan wasn’t up to her standards. Stan was up to Lykyya the plant’s, who had her prioritys straight, IMO.

So if Lykyya the plant had a soul, she’s probably on Earth. I wonder if we’ll see her again. Will she look like the human Lykyya?

Lykyya was a plant, but she was no geranium. She had a soul.

Welcome back DT!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    …The woman Stan met in Fluffdaddy acted like Lykyya from Stan’s high school days, very prima donna. Stan wasn’t up to her standards.

You are right! I hadn’t thought of that.

How’s school goin’, DT?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    How’s school goin’, DT?

Pretty good. Just the other day I got moved from temporary housing to a permanent room assignment. So now I have the Internet and cable, so I can talk to you guys again and watch Lexx. I had to miss Vlad and Fluffdaddy, so all I know about recent Lexx developments comes from summaries posted on this board.

Since I got here I haven’t found much time for online chat (or T.V., or books, or writing, or girls, or any of the other things that I used to entertain myself in Davenport ). The Board looks pretty much the way I left it, though I am a bit overwhelmed by the new leviathan topics. I also can’t access some of the threads. Has anyone else had this problem? There might be posts about that, but I haven’t read everything new.

Not to get too far off topic (since I started it and want it perpetuated ), I would say the Lyekka in Garden was the lovely Trinflower, except for one thing. Fire and Water are described as the repository for human souls. Giggerota and Kai (the living part) were, after all, still human (just near-human or trans-human or quasi-human or whatever sci-fi jargon you want to use). The cities we saw on the two planets were populated entirely by humans. This leads me to believe that Insects, Web/Net/Spider/freakythings, and other sentient alien species have other afterlives on other planets. The only exception is Lyekka. The Lyekka in Garden City has plant-like characteristics, but that could be just because she was created from Stan’s mind, and he thought of her as a plant after the bittersweet Trin stole her form. On the other hand, Garden-Lyekka wasn’t just there, the gardeners intentionally “grew” her in Garden City. Perhaps they transferred her soul temporarily from whatever planet Trin souls occupy.

The name “Trin” comes from The End of the Universe. When plantygirl’s pod gets damaged, she says something like “Trins need pods to survive.” I can’t remember the exact phrase, but she identifies her people as Trins. She might’ve said Tren or Trana or something like that, I’m not sure. Maybe whoever had the close-captioning that cleared up the “smoochie cat” puzzle can check that out.

Well, it’s getting late and this post is growing to boring length with no nude Louise Wischermann photos to break through the monotony ( ), so I’ll wrap it up now.

Anonymous

What Aleck said is what I assumed. The plant Lyekka is just an Avatar of the plant assuming the form of the human-lyekka stan was dreaming about. The real Lyekka is well for lack of a better word a bitch. In Stans original dream we hear a teenage stan asking Lyekka to a dance and her utterly rejecting him. Much like Lu-Lu.

I set myself up for a big dispointment in this Ep. I always wanted Plant-Lyekka and Stan to hook up at the end, since their relationship other than Kai and Xev/Zev has been the best in the series imo. The Scene in hmm now I cant remember maybe it was “Lyekka” where she reaches out and Stan flinchs from her touch then gradually like putting his hand in fire lets her caress his face and does the same in return really was one of Stans and Brians finest moment in acting and storyline imo.

Lex was hilarious as always playing the director. But Id really like to also see plant-lyekka this season personally.

Just throwing my 2 cents in there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.