Who was the best Holly?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Got around to thinking the other day, who’s the better Holly? I’d say it has to be the second Holly (Hattie Hayridge) but the first and also third Holly (Norman Lovett) was pretty good, too. But I’d still have to say the second Holly, though, because she was so funny all the time. Who agrees with me?

Anonymous

I think that thare is no ” better” holly .they are both good and made me laugh.

and don’t get me strated on ”who is the better rimer”

Anonymous

LET OTHER PEOPLE GET A CHANCE TO WRITE!!! It’s gonna turn into a full-blown argument, isn’t it? It was bad enough on the Stargate Forum!
    Besides, you answered to the Rimmer thing!!!

Anonymous

i have to agree. i like them both kinda equally. they both brought their own spin on the character of Holly. and they both were outrageously funny! i really can’t pick one over the other.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I can’t decide either.

When I saw the show for the first time many years ago, all I saw was the “Hilly” Holly. Ever since then I thought that was the only one. But I recently bought all the episodes on tape and saw the “original” Holly.

I love them both!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I like Norman Lovett. The dumb blonde Holly wasn’t near as funny.

Anonymous

OH jessi[pay back] whean are we going to do the battle of the replys……….

Anonymous

Anonymous

Go to Sci-Fi Angst or my forum in Babylon 5… and THAT was payback??? Everyone knows my name! Look!!!

Anonymous

Just thought I’d say that I like Norman Lovett better – Hattie Hayridge was good, but I definitely prefer the male Holly……

Anonymous

How could you not like the second Holly? Okay, she’s stupid, but that’s part of what makes her so funny. The first Holly was sort of inexpressive and the second Holly was expressive. But I do agree that Norman Lovett was very good as Holly.

Anonymous

I’m not saying Hattie H. wasn’t good, I’ve just aways thought that Norman L. was better. It was good to see him come back in series 8…….

Anonymous

Well, I have to agree with you. It WAS good seeing Norman Lovett at the end of series 8. He’s a very good actor.

Anonymous

I think the best Holly was Hilly

Anonymous

Or possibly the pointy-headed Holly in Season 8 – much more meanacing!

Anonymous

Well, I LOVE Norman Lovett , but I’m fond of Hattye Hayridge as well.
    My fave Holly moment? When Holly (Hattye Hayridge) first saw Ace, and fainted! lol (Perhaps my fave because Hattye wrote that bit in herself, as an excuse as to why Holly wasn’t in the rest of the episode).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Norman Lovett, without a doubt (but then, I never have liked change).

What I really miss is his little trolley mind..

Anonymous

Fave Holly moment: When he comes back at the end of Queeg and says “And the moral of the story is appreciate what you’ve got. Because basically, I’m fantastic!”

Very similar to my view of myself (the quote I mean, rather than my just being a disembodied head).

Anonymous

The pointy-headed Holly in series 8? I can’t remember that one. Although, the first and only time I ever saw series 8 was on New Year’s. They had a Red Dwarf marathon on UKTV and I stayed up to watch ALL the episodes. As a side-effect, I only got two hours sleep that night (and freaked out because I couldn’t remember whether or not I’d left my tape on to tape series 4!) and I can’t remember anything from about six o’clock onwards.
    Still, I was in heaven!

Anonymous

I think I went off-track a bit there. Must be the after-affects of the marathon and my birthday.
    My favourite Holly moment would have to be in Dimension Jump (I think it was Dimension Jump, anyway) when Holly talks about the purple alert.
    Or, when Holly gets the wires mixed up in season 1 and Lister gets tossed over the bench. If I knew those quotes, I’d quote them. They were very funny.

Hollydays
    Participant

I think that I’m the best Holly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“we are talking jape of the decade. we are talking April, May, June and July fool”

Anonymous

Yep, that was a funny bit, definately.

Anonymous

Definitely the male Holly. He is so much funnier, I found that in some episodes Hattie didn’t try (look at her dull acting in Justice) and she was completely unfunny. Norman Lovett is a great comedian.

“I hope you don’t get stopped by the cops, they don’t like it when you’re rat-arsed”

Anonymous

Okay, you’ve converted me.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.