Who’s gonna die?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

It is well known that one of the major Buffy cahracters will get killed off at the end of the series, and countless rumours have been spread as to who getting the ax or perhaps more appropriatly the stake.

FX
    Participant

you left off,

angel…who may not be getting renewed and is rejoining buffy for the final two episodes

faith…who doesn’t want to be the new slayer as she has another show to do

i’m still thinking the buffster will buy it, since she can always come back obi wan-like later (just like kristina sutherland/buffy mom)…plus it would hold with the premises of buffyverse; being realistic within their little alternate reality, not going for the happy ending, and fulfilling the constantly voiced limitations of slayers-they tend to die young and violently ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Anonymous

I hope that dork Xander finally gets his. Could never stand his character personally.

If anyone is interested here’s how the folks over at Sci-fi.com voted:

Rumors are flying about who will live and who will die in the upcoming series finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who do you want staked?

Current Results:
    Spike
    13%
    Xander
    8%
    Willow
    4%
    Anya
    23%
    Dawn
    22%
    Giles
    5%
    Buffy. Again.
    24%

Votes Cast: 5002

Seems like Dawn is slowly becoming a popular choice =)

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

If anyone is interested here’s how the folks over at Sci-fi.com voted:

… Who do you want staked?

That poll loosely inspired this one. I’ve been meaning to ask this for the last week, but have only gotten around to it now because finals are over. The scifi poll asks who do you want killed, this poll is asking who do you think Joss Weadon will kill?

Anonymous

anya’s gonna go, the actress has said shes not coming back, so it would make sense for it to be her

A -DM
    Participant
    ”Bekka” wrote:

anya’s gonna go, the actress has said shes not coming back, so it would make sense for it to be her

Odd statement for her to make, seeing as there is nothing for her too come back to!!!

ADM

Anonymous

well she said it while there was still talk of all the different spinoffs, ( think i mentioned this in an earler thread)

so she wa saying that she wouldnt be coming back to whatever spinoff gets chosen, or going to angel

basicaly shes not gonna do the charicter any more so anya would be a good choice for staking

also i read that when they anouched the continuation of angel (earler this week i think) that james masters would be going onto angel, so it wont be spike.

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”Bekka” wrote:

that james masters would be going onto angel, so it wont be spike.

One would think so. I can’t understand why many people feel that it would be Spike, even though he will be back next season. But the funny thing about scifi/fantasy is that death is rarely permanent.

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

One would think so. I can’t understand why many people feel that it would be Spike, even though he will be back next season. But the funny thing about scifi/fantasy is that death is rarely permanent.

Joss has said as much — that it doesn’t matter if there are any plans for any character to show up at any later point; he’ll kill them off if it seems right for BTVS. To quote him (from a USA Today interview), “I’m not protecting anything or anybody for the purposes of a spinoff. I’m not robbing Peter to pay Paul. What’s important is that the series go off properly.” He later says that if anyone dies, that this isn’t a deal-breaker because “Buffy died twice.”

My money’s on Spike. Spike, Anya and Andrew. My best guess? The “Shanshu” prophecy on Angel will come into play: After fulfilling his destiny in the upcoming battles, the vampire with a soul will live out his days as a human and then die. The prophecy doesn’t specify *which* vampire with a soul is being talked about. Spike will sacrifice himself in the final battle, get sucked into the hellmouth along with the rest of Sunnydale, and reappear fully human on Angel. Not only does it fulfill that pesky prophecy, but it also gives Angel just another reason to brood.

A -DM
    Participant

Nice little twist on the ‘Shansu’ prophecy there Aleck, certainly would be a get out of jail for Spike, though Buffy and Angel ties in terms of the big bads in the two series haven’t been close, i.e why is it that the First is merrily slaughtering potentials worldwide, yet none seem too exist in LA, and why isn’t the First giving Angel some grief as well as evil Cordy?
    That’s what let’s the loose tie in’s down, everything is centered around either LA or Sunnydale, you’d think that The First might be pi**ed that evil Cordy and her dog ugly spawn was trying too steal it’s thunder!!!
    Yet off goes Willow and Faith quite casually too Sunnydale to face Buffy’s big bad, it’s nice too have these tie ins, but I think it would have been better having Angel also combatting The First on his home patch given that it’s Buffy’s swansong, although I do know that once Angel is done beating evil Cordy he’s off too Sunnydale to give Buffy a hand (kinda ruins the rest of the Angel season, coz you know that Angel will win the day before the day is out).
    My money is on Spike getting done over, but for me, Spike, Willow and Faith are the strongest characters, so I do hope that Spike does make it into Angel. Actually, given Angel’s brush with the axe, I think Whedon will use the opportunity to have Spike in Angel just so he can drag a few unhappy and maybe slightly relunctant Buffy fans along too.
    ADM

TrimKlip
    Participant

Is it true that the cast of Buffy hates Sarah Michelle Gellar? I hope Buffy, Dawn and Zander die.

Beebop -bel
    Participant

I read that her nickname on the show was ‘the Duchess’ so thats prob a yes to that. the same mag had Willow stating that SMG didnt bother to tell any one that she was leaving and that most of the cast didn’t find out that she was definatly leaving until they read it in magazines…ouch

Anonymous
    A -DM wrote:

My money is on Spike getting done over, but for me, Spike, Willow and Faith are the strongest characters, so I do hope that Spike does make it into Angel. Actually, given Angel’s brush with the axe, I think Whedon will use the opportunity to have Spike in Angel just so he can drag a few unhappy and maybe slightly relunctant Buffy fans along too.
    ADM

It’s already been announced. James Marsters, as Spike, will be a regular on Season 5 of Angel. Check out http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Special/0,11116,114399||,00.html . Cordy won’t be back full-time, though (scuttlebutt is that she may do a Giles and pop up from time to time, but she’s tired of the grind of doing a weekly show and wants to spend some time raising her new kid).

–Aleck

A -DM
    Participant

Well you can’t say that Whedon’s lost touch with the fans, bringing Spike into Angel is an inspired move, of all the characters in Buffy I think Spike has the strongest appeal, although Spike fully restored as human makes Spike slightly less appealing, but then having two Vamps with a soul might take the gloss off Angel somewhat.
    I saw no mention of Vincent Kartheiser (Connor) in that new line up, so that was a short lived role for Angel’s brat.
    I don’t know why, but losing Cordy doesn’t seem that much of a loss too me, her character doesn’t seem too grow any, but it is a shame that the series is losing one of it’s founding cast members.
    As for SMG and her seemingly pompous attitude, well she hasn’t done that well outside of Buffy, aside from her small roles in some early films, her film reputation is nothing too be proud of, Scooby Doo is a film everyone cringes about and the only other one was an unheard of flick called Harvard Man, I really think she will soon be forgotten about and to be honest if she has behaved liked the spoilt little madam, then she thoroughly deserves it.
    My guess is that maybe a year and a half down the line she’ll be begging Whedon too resurrect her career, I hope he tell’s her too get stuffed.
    One other thing that adds weight to her immature behaviour and ‘I’m bigger than anyone else on Buffy’ attitude, is the Buffy game that came out on the X-Box, all the cast were happy to lend their voices for the game aside from SMG, well I for one am not going too miss her (I will miss Buffy) and wish her the worst.
    ADM

Anonymous

I can’t believe everyone thinks Buffy is gonna die! It’d be like, the third time! We’ll all be sat in front of the TV shouting, “Oh no! They’ve killed Buffy! You bastards!

๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

So, only one of you got it right!

Well done the Anya voter ๐Ÿ™‚

I thought it was a great end. It would have been too corny to kill Buffy off a third time ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

yey me! ๐Ÿ˜€

im kinda suprised that ive managed to get compleatley spoiled for buffy but havent got a clue what happens in angel, i can make some educated guesses but no ones told me

Anonymous
    ”Bekka” wrote:

yey me! ๐Ÿ˜€

im kinda suprised that ive managed to get compleatley spoiled for buffy but havent got a clue what happens in angel, i can make some educated guesses but no ones told me

Joss has mentioned that they haven’t completed a script for the first S5 ep of Angel yet. I think they either need it by sometime in July, or they start writing seriously in July. At any rate, July is the date. There’s been a prospective script floating about (it was mentioned on AICN), but it’s been debunked. But expect the spoilers to start flowing fast’n’furious by mid-to-late summer.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.