Who’s the better Rimmer?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Red Dwarf Who’s the better Rimmer?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Okay, who’s the better Rimmer, living Rimmer or Hologram (currently Ace) Rimmer. I say Arnold nee- Ace because he has more courage, more experience with Lister,and looks really cute in a Holoship suit….

Anonymous

With the last name of Rimmer I didnt have a large leap to see why you would like Ace. He is all that the Rimmer of our (as much as you could say ours) universe is not. Good look’s, charm, sexuality! Whats not to like!
    But it’s a dream that most women want when they meet a man. If he dosent have “it” we can change them to get “it”, or so we tell ourselfs. If he dose have “it” then it’s a one time shot and you should grab the “joystick” play the game and remember the grin on your face when you think back on the “fun” you had in your wild younger days.
    Of course the show when Rimmer was on the planet of his psyche and was getting rubbed with oil…. Not too shabby!
    I am the Monkey

Hollydays
    Participant

I’d have to say hologram Rimmer as his personality has been rounded a bit better in his years with Lister.

How many of the officers did Rimmer do the time he had the sexual attraction virus?

Anonymous

Actually, he didn’t sleep with ANYONE that time Holly. He was in fact hooked up to the artfical reality machine, poor guy!

Hollydays
    Participant

was he really? I couldn’t remember what episode that was from, thanks!!

So it was just Yvonne in “reality” then?

Anonymous

Yes, it was me, and only me, in reality. He once told Lister that he lost his virginity in the back of his brother’s car when he was 19, but the books tell us that that was a lie. I think he did five officers when he had sexual magnetism – but I’ve never actually counted! He did a computer-simulated me in Better Than Life – and ended up with seven kids and a mortgage. And I don’t think Rachel and Inflatable Ingrid really count.

Anonymous

Actually MCGRUDER he also slept with NIRVANA LOL Shure he was a hologram, but ,as Data puts it, he’s still “Fully Functional” LOL

Anonymous

Sorry Nirvanah – I have a gaping hole in my Red Dwarf collection covering series 4 and 5. And I will concede that at the time I was concussed and thought Rimmer’s name was Norman.

Anonymous

There is a flaw in this question, you are talking about Rimmer! Better?!? Of course two of these women think he is “special” but RIMMER for gawd’s sake!
    If he only had two of you thats two times he had it at all, remember..practice makes perfect. (Horse is still practicesing at 20yrs )

Anonymous

OOOOoooOOOooO Monkey! LOL are we feeling left out here? Don’t worry, your still my favorite SadGeezer (or should that be Geezerette? LOL) that’s named after an animal…… I’m shure Rimmer would have liked you too!

[ 16-11-2001: Message edited by: Nirvanah Rimmer ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

If you’re in trouble he will save the day
    He’s brave and he’s fearless come what may
    Without him the mission would go astray

He’s Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
    Without him life would be much grimmer
    He’s handsome, trim, and no-one slimmer
    He will never need a zimmer

More reliable than a garden strimmer
    He’s never been mistaken for Yul Brynner
    He’s not bald, and his head doesn’t glimmer

Master of the wit and the repartee
    His command of space directives is uncanny
    How come he’s such a genius?
    Don’t ask me!

Ask Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer
    He’s also a fantastic swimmer
    And if you play your cards right
    Then he just might come round for dinner

No rhymes left now apart from quimmer
    We hope they fade us out before we get to schlimmer
    Fade out you stupid plimmer

Anonymous

Flamegrape, did you REALLY have to write out that awful song?
    I think you just reminded everyone what a git Rimmer is (was, or something). Ace Rimmer is better. Hey, who DOESN’T agree with me?

Anonymous

WOW Flame!

That’s so cool! I’ve never seen that last verse!!!

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    WOW Flame!

That’s so cool! I’ve never seen that last verse!!!

Just so ya knows about it:
    http://www.groovetown.co.uk/%5B/url%5D

To Ganymede and Titan
    Yes, sir, I’ve been around
    But there ain’t no place
    In the whole of Space
    Like that good ol’ toddlin’ town

Oh! Lunar City Seven
    You’re my idea of heaven
    Out of ten, you score eleven
    You good ol’ artificial terra-formed settlement, you, yeah

Oh! Lunar City Seven
    Lunar Cities One through Six
    They always get me down
    But Lunar City Seven
    You’re my home town

[ 27-01-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Anonymous

the best rimer is the 1st one becuase with ace, the 2nd holly whould have crashed the red dwarf after seeing the esp ”dinension jamp” that is my opinon and I m sicing 2 it thank u vary much

Anonymous

Ace is better, Lucinda. (See? I told you I’d blow your cover!) Besides, Ace turned up to help the crew AFTER they crashed in Starbug and if they hadn’t, they would have been in Red Dwarf itself, where, even if Holly and co did meet Ace, they wouldn’t have been able to crash anyway.
    So there.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Yup, that has to be the three thousand and thirty-eighth “Dark Angel” I’ve encountered on the internet.

Anonymous

Agreed.
    And a face for you… all right, I’ll use your alias thingy, dark_angel3838, this is a face for you!

Anonymous

Please ignore us when we’re arguing. We need an argument forum, we really do. And both of us agree!

Anonymous

Not Ace Rimmer, he’s nowhere near as funny as good ol’ Rimsy. The best Rimmer is in series 2 and 8. Series 2 shows his character very well and in series 8 he is hilarious.

mrflibble
    Participant

Hologram Rimmer’s my favourite. The live one couldn’t catch a holovirus, and so we’d never see him in that wonderful gingham frock with penguin glove puppet… let me pause to brush away a tear of joy. Holograms are the best just for that, in my opinion.

theFrey
    Participant

If I was in need of assistance… Ace is the man. However…. day in and day out? That much smugness would drive me insane. Could we have Rimmer during the week with a dash of Ace on the weekends?

rimmersgroupie
    Participant

any rimmer’s good for me ๐Ÿ˜‰ hehe.

breathe
    Participant
    Flamegrape wrote:

No rhymes left now apart from quimmer
    We hope they fade us out before we get to schlimmer
    Fade out you stupid plimmer

Actually I thought the last word was blimmer…. no matter

good to see all the old bunch from the Lexx bored are still alive & kicking!

smeghead_lover
    Participant

Now its hard to choose just him in general is a sex god even now, the things i could do 2 that man ๐Ÿ˜›

theFrey
    Participant
    smeghead_lover wrote:

Now its hard to choose just him in general is a sex god even now, the things i could do 2 that man ๐Ÿ˜›

Rimmer a sex god? In which incarnation? Actually I think Lister is kinda cute when he is cleaned up like when he was a hologram with Kachanski. But if you want style, not brains mind you but style, then Cat is the one. ๐Ÿ˜†

smeghead_lover
    Participant

But rimmer is so cute and sweet it just makes you want to do things to him that u cant write on here! 8)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.