why do my threads all wither and die?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub why do my threads all wither and die?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

does nobody like me or am i just posting things that no one cares about?

the most recent of my treads to do this was the message board awards which i thought would be a really fun thing to do. (i know for a fact that others have been ignored as well) it got a sum total of 3 posts and all of them were mine

do any of you have tips on what things to do talk about not talk about to get people interested or has no one bothered to read this?

please can someone read and respond to this thread

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m reasonably new here and am not very well-acquainted with most of the geezers (including you), but a quick glance through three of the forums here that I often visit (the only three forums I’ve looked in for your name), indicates that you have had a fairly significant number of responses (at least a significant number for this place, perhaps you haven’t in the other forums, I don’t know):

In The Pub: ”My Birthday”

In General TV SciFi Stuff: ”what to watch instead of mutant x”

And in Sci-Fi Angst: ”tv execs hate sifi”

I almost responded to your awards thread myself, but I usually like to give a thread a week or so to ferment before responding (it’s only a few days old, this place is a little slow, I’d give it a few more days before I’d start worrying about it. Also, I suppose that I haven’t responded yet because I had an unsuccessful Awards event over at Lexx.com, and am still feeling the sting of it Vote!

But then over there a thread is unsuccessful if it’s less than 5 pages long!

Anyway, from what little I’ve read of your posts, I do find them interesting. But if you really want to get people talking, then say something really controversial like “Little House on the Prairie rocks, and if you don’t think that it was the best sci-fi show ever then you don’t know sh-t about sci-fi”, or maybe that’s just more weird than controversial. Weird works well though. You know what I do when I don’t think people are really listening to me? I start quacking like a duck, and then to be extra amazingly weird, I lay eggs — it’s also a great parlour trick for any party.

Anyway, I’m sorry about the digression. Just talk science fiction here (especially great shows like The Prisoner! ), throw a little humour and insight into the mix, and voila, you’ll be the life of the party and the belle of the ball. But to my knowledge you’re already doing a great job as it is.

Keep up the good work, and most importantly, always remember to have fun!

Anonymous

does nobody like me or am i just posting things that no one cares about?

Bekka, honey, please don’t ever think that you are not well liked on this BB! i have always enjoyed your posts and this last one sounds like fun! i just think that everyone is preparing for the holidays and are not spending alot of time on the computer. and like Logan said, the peeps on this BB tend to take their time replying.

i do also have to apologize for not posting alot for the last few months. rest assured that i do check in almost everyday to check on everyone, but back problems have limited my time sitting at this desk! but by the end of january i should have it fixed and hopefully be back to my old self!!!

in the meantime, PLEASE keep posting Bekka!!! and that goes for everyone else too!!!

[ 19-12-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you considered using Miracle Gro, or perhaps a little phostrogen or baby bio?

Anonymous

yey im all happy again its just cos i come here prity much every day after a few day and noones posted you get a bit depressed.

and yes i have had a few good threads but about the same amount of threads that compleately bombed so i guess you win some and lose some. i just need to remember the good ones

and thank you for responding with your usual kindness marybeth you got my vote for best moderater and to keep you in good spirits if no one else does vote you automaticaly win the award

Anonymous

I like you Bekka

I know what you mean. It’s a lot easier to lurk than to post!

I’m in a lot of other boards lately looking for info on the development techniques of the new SG Guide system, hosting and graphics layouts etc.

I’m in around 10 different boards soliciting info each day. These boards are populated by geeks like me with similar website development interests and yet, if I get one post answered a day I’d consider myself lucky

There is only one place I can get to regularly where the peeps are sympathetic and chatty and that’s here – but not all of the time!

Many of us aren’t as Sad however as we’d like to think we are. Real life stuff gets in the way of our sadgeezerishness sometimes and I guess only about 20% of us are around with enough time to post or chat.

Much of this will be sorted out in the new version of the SG Guide and the new board system (make it easier for peeps to contribute) but we’ll always be worried that we’re talking rubbish or that peeps don’t like us or that there are too few of us with similar tastes or interests. I worry about it all the time!

In the end I just have to conclude that these feelings are normal

Rag
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    …but we’ll always be worried that we’re talking rubbish or that peeps don’t like us…

I KNOW I talk rubbish (I like to think it’s one of my charms), and I’m damn certain that there are a sizable number of people out there who don’t like me (I’ve been told I’m an aquired taste. Many of my closest friends tell me that they thought I was rude and arrogant when they first met me). But that doesn’t worry me as much as the prospect of rats and spiders interbreeding and producing a race of rat spiders that will take over the world.

Bekka – I dunno about everyone else, but I have been v. busy at work (do most of my posting from there… why pay the phone bill at home and do it on a 56k modem when I can use company facilities and skive while I’m doing it). But the main reason is I’ve been giving it careful consideration. Anyway, gotta go. Gotta post my votes.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rag:

But that doesn’t worry me as much as the prospect of rats and spiders interbreeding and producing a race of rat spiders that will take over the world.

well, can’t say as rats particularly bother me as they are at least mammals and i realized during the garbage strike in nyc several years ago that they at least helped keep the garbage under control…but spiders have no reason to live

bekka, everybody seems to be more into reading than posting here these days, and it’s always bad around the holidays, but rest assured that we all read your stuff and find it interesting, and please keep posting you’ll find things will pick up a bit after the holidays when everyone is too broke to do anything except play on the computer i myself find that my posting picks up when i find myself with deadlines that i am procrastinating on! love fx, and have a wonderful holiday!

Grim
    Participant

Have you considered using Miracle Gro, or perhaps a little phostrogen or baby bio?

i don’t see how that would help Bekka
    joke
    As for me I just haven’t been posting much but will do so Merry Christmas one and all
    and yeah spider rats that’d be bad

[ 25-12-2002: Message edited by: Grim ]

Anonymous

thanks for the advice Cat!!
    now could you tell me what those things are so i can find them somewhere! hehehe! i have tried all the over the counter stuff that is available here in the states and it just doesn’t work.

i have to admit i did chuckle when i read the first one! hehehe! the only Miracle gro i know of is the fertilizer i use on my plants! hehe! please don’t tell me that is what you are talking about! cuz i will LMAO and then probably try it!!!

Anonymous

there the fertaliers, in fact one girl in my school was continually told by the boys to use miracle grow on her boobs (or that she already had i cant remember)

Anonymous

All hail the spider-rats, for they shall be kings!

And queens!

And princes!

And princesses!

And dukes!

And barons!

And I am so full of it!

Anonymous

of corse a thread about how threads die keeps getting bigger, and living.

ok i got over it about an hour after the first person reponded, please leave this thread to die and write innane (insane) comments somwhere else rater than dragging this up repeatedly

thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.