Why I hate Fox…or how I learned to love the bomb.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst Why I hate Fox…or how I learned to love the bomb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Ok, top reasons why I hate the Fox network:

1. Their Dr. Who abomination.
    2. They have killed The Tick twice now!
    First they stopped doing the cartoon series, and then they killed the live action version before it even had a chance!
    3. Now they’re killing Futurama too.

Do they have something against shows that aren’t completely unwatchable?!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Road Hunter:
    Ok, top reasons why I hate the Fox network:

1. Their Dr. Who abomination.
    2. They have killed The Tick twice now!
    First they stopped doing the cartoon series, and then they killed the live action version before it even had a chance!
    3. Now they’re killing Futurama too.

Do they have something against shows that aren’t completely unwatchable?!

i heard about the futurama ‘hiatus’ (network speak for: most likely cancelled) about half a year ago or so. But a couple months ago i heard that fox has fewer shows after losing some big ones (ally mcbeal and x-files) and signed futurama on for a new contract. Did something change recently? is it cancelled again or was the signing just a rumour?

Anonymous

Actually I hadn’t heard that latest news. You’re probably right! Well, I hope you’re right…I still hate fox for considering killing it though.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Road Hunter:
    Actually I hadn’t heard that latest news. You’re probably right! Well, I hope you’re right…I still hate fox for considering killing it though.

I did a couple web searches after reading your post, and i still found a whole bunch of ‘save futurama’ pages without any updates saying the campaign is over. So i’m afraid you actually might be right.

If the show is a ratings disappointment to fox, then fox is to blame. First for airing it at 7pm sunday (a notoriously bad time slot) and second for pre-empting so many shows with nfl games (enough so that most of north america had missed enough shows to fill a full season). In spite of all that, futurama still won their time slot in the major demographics (spanning ages 18-49). So i don’t think fox has a right to blame the show.

pet
    Participant

This is what Can’t Get Enough Futurama has to say about the cancellation/scheduled airing of shows next year.

“It’s back on TV soon they say you liars!
    Yes it is going to. Sort of. But Futurama HAS NOT been renewed at all. The epsiodes which will air this fall/winter on the sucky 7pm timeslot are the 16 left overs from last season, which they never showed. This means: The Futurama staffers are out of job. There will be no team to renew the show afterwards unless they get an early “go ahead” by FOX in winter to get a new team. The later, the fewer people of the old crew will return. ”

They are still circulating the petition there. (And they have some cool Futurama Remixes, which is how I found them!)

Pet;D

Anonymous

Sooo my hatred for Fox is not unfounded afterall. The *******s! It’ll likely take them a full season to show those last 16 episodes because it’ll be pre-empted for absolutely everything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.