Why is all the best sci-fi tv on at the crappest times?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst Why is all the best sci-fi tv on at the crappest times?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lexxrobotech
    Participant

You know… every day I leave for work I have to set my vcr to tape my sci-fi show because they’re on at the worst time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sci-fi channel sucks for timing.

Dudelove76
    Participant

yeh I have that problem the had a Lexx marathon on TV1 in Australia and the started it at midnight, I’m not gonna be able to stay up till 6 am watching LEXX!!!

Anonymous
    lexxrobotech wrote:

You know… every day I leave for work I have to set my vcr to tape my sci-fi show because they’re on at the worst time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Sci-fi channel sucks for timing.

Heh. Sci-Fi USA is even stranger. They show B5 every morning at 9am(recording s3-s5), then usually a marathon of any random show they own from 10am-5pm (sometimes worth taping).

Then I get home usually around 6’ish and lo and behold freaking “Star Trek” the original series is on, like I couldent of caught every single ep 18 times over in the first thirty years it was on. Monday nights they show Stargate reruns from 7-11pm which is okay, but every other night, it’s a b-series bonanza. From “Beyond Belief” and other conspiricy shows to “Roar” a middle ages kind of show that was cancelled after 3 eps by another network. I’ve actually taken to watching Comedy Central and BBC America than Sci-Fi USA anymore =/

Just confusing, you’d think that Universal could’ve provided better content.

Frogman
    Participant

You think that’s bad? I have to rely on free to air TV for my Sci-Fi fix. When anything worth watching is on, it’s always on way too late on a school night (yes, I am in my final year of school) and isn’t shown for long anyway. I remember last year the whole of season 3 of Farscape was crammed into 2 weeks.

mrflibble
    Participant

I learnt how to survive on 4 hours sleep a night to watch Red Dwarf. Curse you BBC for your bad scheduling! But then, who needs sleep really?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    mrflibble wrote:

I learnt how to survive on 4 hours sleep a night to watch Red Dwarf. Curse you BBC for your bad scheduling! But then, who needs sleep really?

Ever try to learn Esperanto and Quantum Theory?

From Me2:

Lister: It’s not only one-way, Rimmer. You’re hardly Mr. Nice Guy, Mr. Easy-To-Live-With.

Rimmer: What are you talking about?

Lister: I’m talking about playing your self-hypnosis tapes all through the night. “Learn Esperanto While You Sleep.” “Learn Quantum Theory While You Sleep.”

Rimmer: Oh come on, we both got the same benefit.

Lister: Yeah. Neither of us got any sleep.

Ah the joys of VCRs and TiVos… I just tape shows rather than staying up all night… Got many a precious Red Dwarf video I taped off TV, but this is one show I definitely want on DVD…

By the way,Mr. Flibble is my favourite “secondary character” from the show hands down… South Park’s Mr. Hand and Red Dwarf’s Mr. Flibble, now there would be a match made in hell. 🙂

mrflibble
    Participant

Never tried to learn Esperanto, though I had to suppress an involuntary squeal of joy after seeing an article about in the newspaper. And I’ve picked up some from Red Dwarf, of course. If I ever want to say ‘frog in my bidet’, I’m well-equipped.

And Mr Flibble is a god amongst glove puppets. Even my friend who’s never seen Quarantine agrees he is brilliant. A collaboration with Mr Hand could only produce results so wonderful it would make my brain skip with glee.

TranceGemini613
    Participant

Because my VCR is broken and Sci Fi doesn’t know that SOME OF US WORK ON FRIDAY NIGHTS, I have to stay up till 3 am on Sunday night/Monday early morn to watch Andromeda. Ooh, the pain.

Sci Fi needs a swift kick in the tail for their airtimes. WTF MATE?!! I’d kick their tails but uhm…I’m too far away and I’m also small.

Tiefling
    Participant

Yeah, SCI-FI USA (well, all of it really, but I live in the US so…) is really dim when it comes to their programing. I still don’t understand why The Hunter is better than either Quantum Leap, or Babylon 5 (which they don’t seem to have on their schedule anymore).

Nor do I understand why they can’t just save their money for something good. I mean, did ANYONE think that the Boa/Python/Skeeter/Rattler/Spider/Gopher/Caterpiller/Crap/More Crap movies were anything but crap?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.