Why isn’t there more talk about Seaquest.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Why isn’t there more talk about Seaquest.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    CrazySickPsycho
    Participant

As far as I am concerned one of the best science fiction shows ever was Seaquest DSV, took place on earth, not to far in future yet had all the good makings of a classic science fiction. Even Steven Spielberg had a h and in the amazing series.

Is there ananychancef it on dvd, heck they made a Firefly DVD and that show only lasted one season compared to DSV’s 3(1 being a spinoff).

Either way even thou there is no chance at seeing it come back, I think it deserves at least a DVD set over some of the other shows being released.

Anonymous

Yep, I think there should be a dvd too. I can’t asy I ever watched much of the series, but it was certainly better than lots of the sci fi crap out there that is now available on DVD.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I watched some of it long ago and far away, and I really don’t remember that much about it. However, you are correct – there are many shows that deserve dvd status and haven’t gotten it and many a throwaway program that has gained it too soon. This show had enough episodes to qualify and a relatively decent fan following, it deserves to be seen (since it never re-runs).

CrazySickPsycho
    Participant

I will admit thou a show that has not recieved any attention till now is Sliders. Sliders which went 5 season (3 of them being good) Is now finally coming to DVD This summer, a sure buy for any fans of John Rhyz Davis.

Forgotten Shows of the 90’s worth of dvd.

Seaquest
    Brisco County Jr
    Tek War
    TIme Trax
    Space Above and Beyond ( which never made it past one season ๐Ÿ™ )

SlickWhistle
    Participant

Amen to Crazy…. Brisco County Jr. DVD definitely needed.

Not only does it star the divine Mr. B Movie himself, Bruce Campbell, it was a really clever show that was ahead of its time.

Isn’t it a shame that the network execs don’t seem to have enough imagination.

Anonymous

Brisco County was great. I also liked his Jack of all Trades. Never understood why that was cancelled, sure it was junk, but it was *good* junk.

Though it’s not Sci-Fi, its beyond me why the Larry Sanders show hasn’t been put on DVD except a limited run of the first season and that was years ago.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com to check the status on your fave shows and vote for the ones you’d like to see on dvd and how you’d like them to be arranged. You have to register, but it’s free and they’ll update you via e-mail of any releases you choose.

PS Brisco County is on the top ten most requested list – LUVED Jack of All Trades and Cleo “power hour” – Good Junk Indeed!

CrazySickPsycho
    Participant

thanks aqua for the link, i casted my votes already! any bit helps “i hope”.

My big question is , “does anyone know what warrants a dvd release of a show? ” if firelfy which only lasted one season gets a box set out before multiple season shows, is it due to fan base? is there some sort of demogrpahic trackign the show, and if so why would the show of ever been canceled if there was still some market to survive.

Speaking of seaquest, I didn’t realize Jonathan Brandis died, thats a shame, when i was a kid Ladybugs was a funny movie, shame what TV overhyping can do to kid actors.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

As far as I know, it has to have at least 22 episodes and some kind of commercial grab. Although I doubt that looking at some of the crap that’s already on dvd and there’s still no Duckman!

It really is a shame about Jonathan Brandis – he was a cute kid and not a bad actor at all.

theFrey
    Participant

I think sometimes it also depends on the creative people in the group pushing for a release. Is there a fan base? Are you willing to let it go without trying to milk every dime out of it? Did someone go out of their way to make the contacts necessary to get a distributor interested in it?

What is stranger is when a show with more than enough episodes and a decent fan base doesn’t get released. Why? Does the studio/owner think that there might be more money to be made by holding it? Does one of the creators control it and are now embarrassed by it? Or do the people with the control of the show, just not have the drive or interest in marketing it further?

CrazySickPsycho
    Participant

I forgot to mention and its been driving me crazy.

Earth 2 was also a sweet show, but im not really sure how many seasons it lasted, did it ever make it too a 2nd season? I watched the “first’ but may of missed a few episodes because it was never really rerun.

Seaquest Related: I just figured because Seaquest had the name of Steven Spielberg behidn it, that something like that would be picked up because it was related to his work. Plus a show like seaquest you really need the DVD quality to appreciate the darker underwater scenes which look to dark and hard to see on vhs recordings of seaquest, which is all i have left to remember it by.

Frozenpede
    Participant

I only ever saw one episode that someon had taped, but I was really excited about the idea.

Headgehog
    Participant
    CrazySickPsycho wrote:

I forgot to mention and its been driving me crazy.

Earth 2 was also a sweet show, but im not really sure how many seasons it lasted, did it ever make it too a 2nd season? I watched the “first’ but may of missed a few episodes because it was never really rerun.

Earth 2 only lasted a season, and barely at that. It started out strong but it just couldn’t hold onto viewers.

Frozenpede wrote:

I only ever saw one episode that someon had taped, but I was really excited about the idea.

It had a good concept behind it, and I remember really enjoying the first season and a half. But it started to run out of ideas in its second season. The third season was just bizarre.

Frozenpede
    Participant

I recorded some of Earth 2, awesome series, I had to move so I lost track of it and when I came back I couldnt find it anywhere.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.