wish list for the remainder of the season

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx wish list for the remainder of the season

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What do you want to happen before Lexx ends (sniff sniff)?

Personally I want:

1)790 two remember that he loves Xev — the Kai twist was sweet, but enough people love Kai. I think Xev needs 790’s attention in a way…and it would bring things full circle.

2)Zev and Xev to stand face to face — I don’t know how it would work, but I’m sure there are a thousand possible scenarios. I’d just love for Eva and Xenia to be I the same episode. And even if they weren’t in the same episode, at least for Eva to do a cameo would be great — once again bringing things full circle.

3)For Xev to run into her human counterpart — with her original body (before the love slave transformation).

Anonymous

1: I’d like to see Xev and Kai get together..or to develop a romance with somone who dosen’t turn out to be evil/get killed 30 minutes into the episode/turn out to be dead.

2: I’d like to see Xev meet her parents, somhow come to terms with her past.

3: I think a cameo by Eva H would be wonderful.

4: Xev should get laid at some point, poor girl…

(Hmmm, can you tell who my favorite character is?)

5: Xev should learn to read, and then go to college and eat the brains of teachers who assign annoying essay topics…no, I didn’t say that. Tired.

6:Stan and Lykyya should get together. Or Stan should find Nimbus 9.

7: 790 should fall in love with somthing that can return the feeling. Or fall in love with Deep Blue.

8: Lexx finds a mate (who’ll probably bite his head off, as dragongflys do..I think) and has lots of little baby Lexxs. Awww, that’d be so cute…

Anonymous

Hypatia — I am so with you. What I would give for someone to munch on my professors’ brains. It’s so frustrating because they are all ***holes that just now realized that “oh s***, we have no grades as of now, so we’ll just f*** over all the students cause we can.” Sigh. Big frown. I’m sitting here working on four papers and three presentations — that should be illegal.

But back to Lexx. Yeah, the hopeful romantic in me is dying for Kai and Xev to somehow get together — but I’ve pretty much given up on that. Sigh (again).

Anonymous

Oh yes, or ‘I have tenure, f**k you’

I have some very good profs, but the bad ones can just ruin your semester…*cluster lizard growl* that’s what I’m doing up.

Good luck!

Lexx: Yeah, Kai and Xev getting together isn’t likely, I think romantic endings would go against the whole grain of the series. But it’d still be a great finish.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    (Hmmm, can you tell who my favorite character is?)

You and me both! Xevolicious……

BTW, someone emailed me a link to one of Xenia’s music videos. I downloaded it and put it on my Lexx Fanpage.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Stan and Xev need to get together.

Anonymous

WOW! Thanks Flamegrape! I still can’t find a actual CD of her work, asked my dad to look when he went to Germany awhile back, but no dice (only checked one small store). I’m going to try Amazon.de.

Anonymous

Cool music video with Xenia! Thanks for sharing that!

My biggest ‘wanna see’ is Kai with his hair down…really down…all the way. And not messy, like in Wake the Dead.

Much as I’d love to see Kai and Xev together, I don’t think it’ll happen. It would be nice if he finally admitted he had feelings for her though.

Anonymous

Oh — wouldn’t it be crazy if 790 somehow was reprogrammed to fall in love with Stan this time? =)Oh, the irony….

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

7: 790 should fall in love with somthing that can return the feeling. Or fall in love with Deep Blue….

No, I want him to somehow fall in love with Bill Gates, and for Bill to decide he needs a Windows update.

8: Lexx finds a mate (who’ll probably bite his head off, as dragongflys do..I think) and has lots of little baby Lexxs. Awww, that’d be so cute…[/QUOTE]

Lexxs? Wouldn’t that be Lexxies? Lexxus?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Oh — wouldn’t it be crazy if 790 somehow was reprogrammed to fall in love with Stan this time? =)Oh, the irony….

ditto, anya, have been wanting that for awhile

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

8: Lexx finds a mate (who’ll probably bite his head off, as dragongflys do..I think) and has lots of little baby Lexxs. Awww, that’d be so cute…

Uh, I don’t think Lexxes reproduce sexually. The Lexx was sort of more grown than born, and didn’t have much in the way of parents. Of course moths are grown too but they have a mating call. Go figure.

Anonymous

Frey: Don’t you think Bill Gates is bad enough?

I like ‘Lexxies’. Aww, so cute!

That’s true, DaleckTek, but the Beans have never been much on science, and I think a bunch of little Lexxies flying around, maybe they’d blow up asteroids, would be really cute!

Anonymous

Hey! Aren’t we forgetting someone? What about Prince? Personally I’d like to see him make amends with the Lexx crew. If he can’t, he should at least find out what he is. I don’t want him end up permanently dead by the end of the series .
    I know, I’m being too insightful. I can’t really help feeling pity for him. I love Prince and I would want anything bad to happen to him where there is something else to be done.
    The fanfic I’m slowly writing it set outside the “Lexx time and space” and It’s what I wish could happen. It should be done soon.

Princess of Fire

Anonymous

Kai with his hair down(thank god I’m not the only one) and preferably naked from the waist up (Tunnels was such a teaser)
    I would like everyone to end up happy/content/at peace – yeah I know Kai does not feel (although there have been times when Kai has acted rather feelingly – there is nothing cuter than the “Kai Pout”RegTM) but you know what I mean – no angst.
    And 790 to fall in love with Stan, hey, why not go full circle? The irony levels alone would be hilarious.
    I wish only good things for our Anti-heros
    later
    D

dgrequeen
    Participant

I’m with Doffy et al: I want to see Kai with his hair down. And I want to see him admit he does have feelings. I want to see 790 get a body and fall in love with a robot head. I want Xev and Stan to find true love and a home. And I want Lexx to get all he can eat.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

I like ‘Lexxies’. Aww, so cute!

That’s true, DaleckTek, but the Beans have never been much on science, and I think a bunch of little Lexxies flying around, maybe they’d blow up asteroids, would be really cute!

Now that I think about it, Love Grows established that the Lexx is (usually) male. So does that mean it retains vestigial sexual characteristics from the Insect tissue or genes it was constructed from? Or perhaps it was intended to reproduce sexually, with other Insect-based life forms. Maybe the giant bug just hasn’t hit puberty yet (“I am still growing, Stan”).

(Useless fact: The sexual organs of male dragonflies are at the tip of the abdomen; the sexual organs of female dragonflies are located in the lower thorax.)

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    (Useless fact: The sexual organs of male dragonflies are at the tip of the abdomen; the sexual organs of female dragonflies are located in the lower thorax.)

Thanks, but which part is the abdomen and the thorax in relation to the lexx?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Thanks, but which part is the abdomen and the thorax in relation to the lexx?

I’d say the abdomen would be the tailish thing. The head and thorax are less easily distinguished. On terrestrial insects the head/thorax/abdomen division is clear-cut, but in Lexx the Insects and Insect-based constructs seem to have blended segments. Some don’t even have 6 legs (Kai’s Stinger was more of an arachnid than an insect)! And tentacles (The Giga Shadow)? That is sooo not insect. Plus the Giga Shadow looked like a pill bug, which is a uropod, closer to a crustacean than an insect. Of course, so far Lexx has avoided the sci-fi cliché of having something based on a preying mantis.

I do have to wonder about Brizon’s ship (left over from the Cœlentrate Wars?).

If there were a female Lexx, it would probably be several times the size of our Lexx (in insects, the female is usually larger than the male). Maybe the Canadian-American Lexx will get together with the German Lexx (which is voiced by a woman).

Anonymous

I want to see Mantrid again! Just not right to leave the poor bloke wandering around some old tunnels– he did destroy a universe after all!

Anyone else hoping the carrots are Mantrid drones??

Bascule
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dragonchrome:
    and preferably naked from the waist up (Tunnels was such a teaser)

Someone being totally naked is a teaser to you? Crikey, I wish I lived your life!

quote:

(The Giga Shadow)? That is sooo not insect. Plus the Giga Shadow looked like a pill bug, which is a uropod, closer to a crustacean than an insect.

Yes. The Beans are foolish. Do Moths have six legs? I have this funny feeling they’ve got four. Also: what was that you said about Moths having a mating call? (a: something I missed ages ago, b: obscure Dalektek joke! c: something from an episode not screened here yet, you tease)

I do have to wonder about Brizon’s ship (left over from the Cœlentrate Wars?).

Forgive me if I’m talking ‘ass’, but wasn’t Brizon’s ship a brand-spanking-new Kai-style Stinger (not all old and grey like Kai’s). Like the basic code for a Stinger, as it didn’t have any weapons, so presumably a straight clone from the DNA left from the one K crashed into the Foreshadow. Another one of those great bits where you can imagine all that went on, what with Brizon saying he designed and developed the Lexx. Wonder if Brizon was supposed to be alive at the time of Kai’s death?

A bit (that I’d missed) that I just found on Mr Taylor’s transcripts: Gubby saying that the Narcolounger was “surplus. I picked it up after the Third Isotope War.” Another fantastic throwaway line referring to billions of deaths, presumably.

Maybe the Canadian-American Lexx will get together with the German Lexx (which is voiced by a woman).

Ha! You’re kidding! That’s great, and somehow bizarrely appropriate.

Whoopsie, off topic again, soz. I wish to see a good end for Kai, Xev and Lexx, but 790 and Stanley don’t deserve anything good at all! Evil pair of bastids that they are.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Bascule:
    Do Moths have six legs? I have this funny feeling they’ve got four. Also: what was that you said about Moths having a mating call? (a: something I missed ages ago, b: obscure Dalektek joke! c: something from an episode not screened here yet, you tease)

What I’m talking about is from Lexx 4.07: Walpurgis Night. That may not’ve been shown in England yet, I’m not sure. So this would probably qualify as a spoiler, just it is not significant to the plot of the episode and I don’t think I’m giving too much away by mentioning it. In Walpurgis Night Kai, using one of the blades on his scorpion brace, whittles an ocarina that is supposed to replicate the mating call of a moth, and gives it to Stan. My problem with this is that moths are grown on the Lexx, I don’t see any need for them to mate. If moths can breed, then what are moth breeders for? An aphrodisiac? Also, I’m not so much disturbed by the fact that moths have a mating call as I am by the fact that Kai knows it well enough to replicate the sound. What kind of relationship did the Brunnen-G have with the Insects?

Moths in Lexx have six legs, just like real moths.

quote:

Forgive me if I’m talking ‘ass’, but wasn’t Brizon’s ship a brand-spanking-new Kai-style Stinger (not all old and grey like Kai’s).

Uh, if memory serves Brizon’s ship was a big blue-green jellyfish.

dgrequeen
    Participant

quote:

In Walpurgis Night Kai, using one of the blades on his scorpion brace, whittles an ocarina that is supposed to replicate the mating call of a moth, and gives it to Stan.

Uh, if memory serves Brizon’s ship was a big blue-green jellyfish.

Jellyfish? Uh, yeah, and that thing Kai carved was an ocarina.

Bascule
    Participant

D-d-dalekTek:

Nope, I’m gonna stand firm on this one (oo-er): Brizon’s ship was a shiny new Stinger, there is a pic of it here: http://www.sadgeezer.com/lexx/lexx2-19.htm Actually, maybe the greyness on Kai and ko’s ships was armour as opposed to age, seeing as Brizon’s is the basic, stripped-down type-thing.

Re: Moth Mating; you’re right, that is dumb. Unless the moth really was one of the species of Insect, so the mating call is a vestigial trait from when it was a natural creature. Although that’d be some damn inefficient Bio-viziering! Lexx really is the most hole-ridden sci-fi ever, though, which is why most geeks (bar you and me, natch) really really hate it. I think it adds to the charm. Although the biggest question EVER has to be; if the Divine Insect essence could ride in a re-animated corpse with no problems, why the hell did it use living humans as hosts? He could have been as powerful as Kai no probs, and then he wouldn’t have been scalped. The dolt. Plus this whole ‘Divine Executioner’ stuff I keep hearing about sounds illogical. But let’s not speak of that!

Mr ShermanTek, can I ask a question? Recently you spoke about Fire and Water being too close to be in a true twin orbit, how they would destroy each other. Could you tell me just how far apart two ordinary planets would have to be for a proper binary orbit to be achieved? Would you be able to see the one planet from the other during the day, for example? How big would it be in the sky? I’m writing some stuff, see, and I’d like to get as much of it right as possible in the first place. Also, apparently there was a Dr Who story set on an alternate earth that had a twin planet, but I can’t find a thing about it on the Net. Can you help wid zat also? Cheers dude.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Bascule:
    Nope, I’m gonna stand firm on this one (oo-er): Brizon’s ship was a shiny new Stinger, there is a pic of it here: http://www.sadgeezer.com/lexx/lexx2-19.htm Actually, maybe the greyness on Kai and ko’s ships was armour as opposed to age, seeing as Brizon’s is the basic, stripped-down type-thing.

It does look like it could be a modification of the stinger design. Those tentacles on the sides just make it look like a jellyfish. Who was Ko in Lexx?

quote:

Mr ShermanTek, can I ask a question? Recently you spoke about Fire and Water being too close to be in a true twin orbit, how they would destroy each other. Could you tell me just how far apart two ordinary planets would have to be for a proper binary orbit to be achieved?

That wasn’t me. A few people have pointed that out. I once found a book that said the minimum distance for terrestrial-sized planets to orbit each other. The same part of the planets would face each other all the time, they would share an atmosphere, and the gravity would distort them into egg shapes. But I don’t remember the figure. I haven’t been able to find that book since and I don’t remember the title or author. So I really don’t know if the orbits of Fire and Water are plausible. I don’t think it would really matter, since they’re metaphysical anyway and wouldn’t necessarily have to follow the real laws of physics.

quote:

Also, apparently there was a Dr Who story set on an alternate earth that had a twin planet, but I can’t find a thing about it on the Net.

I don’t remember that episode. Or do you mean one of the New or Missing Adventures? Either way I don’t know.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

So I really don’t know if the orbits of Fire and Water are plausible. I don’t think it would really matter, since they’re metaphysical anyway and wouldn’t necessarily have to follow the real laws of physics.

I figured that this was the case mid-way through series 3. I realized that Fire & Water were like Heaven & Hell. The last episode of that series confimed this idea.

Imagine the unbelievable water pressure at the center of planet Water. Sure, Kai can’t be killed easily. But he can be damaged before he repairs himself. He would have been crushed to the size of a pea. Just a thought.

Bascule
    Participant

quote:

It does look like it could be a modification of the stinger design. Those tentacles on the sides just make it look like a jellyfish.

Kai’s ship had those too, though. Check it:

I think they’re wires, or possibly just a mechanism for opening and shutting the whole cockpit bubble. When asked what it was, Kai also said: “A type of craft I once flew, two thousand years ago.” Which was one of his worst lines ever (bar “The dead are weird”, natch) but did confirm it was the same. I still think it was a stripped down stinger, though – the basic design from the DNA with no weapons attached.

In fact, I don’t think those ships are called Stingers at all – the exchange “Stingers” “Stingers ready” I believe actually referred to the rocket launchers on the tails themselves.

Who was Ko in Lexx?

Sorry, I meant ‘Kai and co’. I got karried away.

That wasn’t me. A few people have pointed that out. I once found a book that said the minimum distance for terrestrial-sized planets to orbit each other. The same part of the planets would face each other all the time, they would share an atmosphere, and the gravity would distort them into egg shapes. But I don’t remember the figure. I haven’t been able to find that book since and I don’t remember the title or author. So I really don’t know if the orbits of Fire and Water are plausible. I don’t think it would really matter, since they’re metaphysical anyway and wouldn’t necessarily have to follow the real laws of physics.

Aye, I just wanted to know what a real one would be like, using proper planets as opposed to God-created ones. Just the distances and stuff. I’ll have a look on a physics website or summat.

I don’t remember that episode. Or do you mean one of the New or Missing Adventures? Either way I don’t know.

Ah, never mind – I’ll have another Google at it. Cheers mon.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I figured that this was the case mid-way through series 3. I realized that Fire & Water were like Heaven & Hell. The last episode of that series confimed this idea.

Now, that’s where we’re different. For me (and I think pretty much everybody else) that came completely out of left field. How did you figure it out so soon?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Now, that’s where we’re different. For me (and I think pretty much everybody else) that came completely out of left field. How did you figure it out so soon?

I started thinking about the possiblilty of Fire and Water being heaven and hell halfway through Gondola. The reincarnations of dead characters was a good hint. Of course the great thought provoking diolague in Gondola made it pretty obvious imho. They were talking about what comes after death in that episode, good and evil, and other metaphysics stuff.
    But the hints were there even before Gondola. In Boomtown, I thought to myself, “wow water seems like a great place, fire just sucks. Life is so simple and fun on water, whereas fire is a daily struggle to stay alive. Almost seems like heaven and hell.” I dismissed that idea then because I expected more form the heaven/hell of the Lexx universe. But by the next episode I figured it had to be heaven and hell based om their conversations.

Anonymous

quote:

Speak for yourself. It was obvious from the beginning. Two planets, polar opposites, in eternal conflict — one a lush paradise with cities to cater to your every want, and one existing solely to punish its residents in a multitude of ways. Fire (I mean, come on, Hell is nearly *always* depicted as being chock full of fire and brimstone) is ruled by a “Prince” who is in the business of punishing “wrongdoers” and is an expert at deal-making. He encourages people to make the “wrong” decisions. The only way he could be *more* obviously Satan would be to wear a pair of red horns. Despite the fact that there was no god, the clues were all there, and were pretty easy to pick up on.

–Aleck

Bascule
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

Despite the fact that there was no god, the clues were all there, and were pretty easy to pick up on.
    –Aleck

Aye. But as you know, DalekTek digs the Sci-Fi elements of Lexx, and not the equally potent fantasy bits; I think he tried to pretend it wasn’t going that way. He doesn’t even support Hodgkin’s Law…

DalekTek790
    Participant

I really didn’t see that coming. In The Beach Prince says “You can either spend eternity suffering on Fire or enjoying yourself on Water.” Only then did I realize the shocking secret of Fire and Water. My immediate thought was that this was going to be like Tapestry, the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where Captain Picard dies and learns that Q is God, but it’s really a dream. But Heaven and Hell ruled out that possibility.

Looking back, there were some subtle hints as to the true nature of the two planets. But they also put in things to throw us off, like Duke’s speech in Gondola where he strongly implies that he is an Insect. It’s obvious now that he meant something else, I’d have to watch my tape again to reinterpret that in light of the later revelation. In Girltown Stan wonders if he is dead, but that obviously isn’t the case. Besides, the characters didn’t know they were dead, and some were even killed. I wouldn’t think one could die in Heaven.

It appeared that this was just a case of two planets colonized in the distant past. One planet has everything, the other has nothing. So naturally there’s some kind of conflict. And the ruler of the unfortunate planet wants to destroy the fortunate one out of spite. But The Beach and Heaven and Hell revealed a startlingly different story.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

But they also put in things to throw us off, like Duke’s speech in Gondola where he strongly implies that he is an Insect.

How does he imply he’s an insect?!

Anonymous

It was pretty easy for me to figure out Prince’s role, only ’cause of some of the classes I’ve taken (Prince is very close to the Christian devil, right down to the balloons). And then there’s the semi-Daoist thang (Fire and Water are sorta like a Yin-Yang symbol, only more separate)

Now, from what Prince says, I think that Fire and Water are a artificially constructed heaven and hell. Remember how Prince talks about the ‘system’, and how mistakes are made? (or was that Duke?)

Fifi ends up on Water instead of Fire, the Girls end up on Fire instead of Water, things like that. Mistakes are made, which you wouldn’t expect from a system devised by God(s), but if a human were to design a Heaven and Hell…..

(sorry ’bout that, a bit philosophical but at least I spared you the wording philosophers use! :eek

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Speak for yourself. It was obvious from the beginning. Two planets, polar opposites, in eternal conflict — one a lush paradise with cities to cater to your every want, and one existing solely to punish its residents in a multitude of ways. Fire (I mean, come on, Hell is nearly *always* depicted as being chock full of fire and brimstone) is ruled by a “Prince” who is in the business of punishing “wrongdoers” and is an expert at deal-making. He encourages people to make the “wrong” decisions. The only way he could be *more* obviously Satan would be to wear a pair of red horns. Despite the fact that there was no god, the clues were all there, and were pretty easy to pick up on.

–Aleck

LOL!. Prince in red horns indeed. But you’re right in that the metaphysical aspects of Fire and Water were clear fairly early. For me, the death and resurrection of Prince in episode 3.02, and the method he used to tempt and ultimately induce Stan to attempt the destruction of Water in exchange for May’s resurrection in 3.03 were certainly strong clues. The dialog between Duke and Fifi in 3.04 and 3.05 about death, afterlife and reawakening pretty much confirmed things.

Anonymous

BTW, I remember the time Duke and Fifi were talking, and Fifi says that “When you die, you just die” or somthing like that. I was pretty suprised they didn’t have raging fundies attacking Halifax with torches and pitchforks, but I guess nobody watches Lexx. :sad. Anyone else expect some sort of protest?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    How does he imply he’s an insect?!

He’s talking to Fifi on Fire, after their moth has crashed but before they’re picked up by our philanthropic heroes. I don’t remember his exact words, but he says something like he has died before, only his mind lived on, that he’s always finding new bodies and migrating when the die, and that when this body dies he won’t die with it, he’ll live on in his own way. I interpreted this as meaning Duke was an Insect essence, passing from one human host to another. That was the only way to make sense of it from what I knew about the Lexx universe at the time. But it was later revealed that Duke, like Prince is a metaphysical being as opposed to an Insect or conventional essence. Still, it seems like the writer deliberately tailored Duke’s speech to trick fans into temporarily thinking that Fire was being run by Insects.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

I don’t remember his exact words, but he says something like he has died before, only his mind lived on, that he’s always finding new bodies and migrating when the die, and that when this body dies he won’t die with it, he’ll live on in his own way.
    Still, it seems like the writer deliberately tailored Duke’s speech to trick fans into temporarily thinking that Fire was being run by Insects.

I see how that could be interpreted as Duke being an insect. But I sorta doubt that the beans designed that speech so that it would make him sound like an insect.

Originally posted by Flamegrape:BTW, I remember the time Duke and Fifi were talking, and Fifi says that “When you die, you just die” or somthing like that. I was pretty suprised they didn’t have raging fundies attacking Halifax with torches and pitchforks, but I guess nobody watches Lexx.

I can’t see any fundy’s watching Lexx. Besides they’ve got bigger targets to go after.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.