Wish me luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MuadDib
    Participant

Well fellow geezers, at 1:30PM (GMT) I walk into an exam hall to begin exams that will have ramifications for the rest of my life. Yes, I begin my AS level exams today with the one I dread the most, English. So any well wishes, gifts of luck and the such like would be much appreciated.

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant

Son 1.0 is also starting his AS levels this week so a heartfelt ‘good luck’ from one who sees it from the other side, although you are probably sitting in an exam room now wishing you were elsewhere. Just remember, the GCSE is only a stepping stone to the AS level which is only a stepping stone to the A level which is only a stepping stone to the degree: each one becomes redundant after the next.

Personally I would like to thank the pond slime that thought it would be a good idea to stick this pointless exam in the way of our students. Pile on the pressure, why don’t you.

Sorry, non sci-fi gripe over, back to the book.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Good Luck MuadDib!!!!!

Have no idea what those tests are but sounds scary!!! You’ll do great!

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant
    Sidhecafe wrote:

Have no idea what those tests are but sounds scary!!!

Light speed intro to the English education system

GCSE: up to 8 subjects taken at 16, the lowest legal age for leaving school, after 3 years study
    AS level: new exam, relatively speaking, 4 subjects taken at 17 after 1 year of study in 6th form. Some polotition thought it would be a good idea to break up a 2 year course and give everyone another exam to stress over. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    A level: Final exam, 3 subjects, 1 final year of study in 6th form at 18.

P level: this is not a true exam but a measure of how many parties you can cram in from July to September before you start University. 8)

Scotland has it’s own exam system. Any Scots out there care to enlighten the universe on the Scotish system?

Sidhecafe
    Participant

7th_Dizbuster wrote:

Light speed intro to the English education system

GCSE: up to 8 subjects taken at 16, the lowest legal age for leaving school, after 3 years study
    AS level: new exam, relatively speaking, 4 subjects taken at 17 after 1 year of study in 6th form. Some polotition thought it would be a good idea to break up a 2 year course and give everyone another exam to stress over.
    A level: Final exam, 3 subjects, 1 final year of study in 6th form at 18.

P level: this is not a true exam but a measure of how many parties you can cram in from July to September before you start University.

Thanks for the explanation!! And YIKES I say, and I got all stressed out for the Millers Analogy Test!!

MuadDib
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for the support, I think it went ok and I haven’t got another until tuesday (yay more English and this time its Thomas Hardy Woot!) so I’ll try and relax myself before then.

Anonymous

it’s a bit late now, i suppose- but here’s a revision tip (for the future!!!). when i revised for my open university exams last year, i read out the most important points of my notes aloud so i could record them. you feel a bit daft doing it, but there you go! once i had my recordings, i listened to the at times when i couldn’t read my notes (like at work). meant i was able to get a lot more revision done. helped me out no end, i felt much more confident when i was actually doing the paper! ๐Ÿ™‚
    anyway, i’m sure you’ve done ok today. here’s to your future success!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

MuadDib
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, i’ll try that out.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Headgehog wrote:

I know I’m late, but good luck. And rest assured in the knowledge that standardized tests are abhorred the world over. They’ve been challenging my destint for the last seven years, and thank-fully I only have one left (in four years). If it helps, think of them as a coming of age ritual, and not some bureaucrat’s #2 pencil power trip.

MuadDib
    Participant

All I can say is thanks for all the support I’ve recieved from everybody during this time, and they’re nearly over, onlytwo more to go and then I have three months of partying to relax myself again! yay woo-hoo!

corvina
    Participant

MuadDib – The Sleeper must awaken!

MuadDib
    Participant
    corvina wrote:

MuadDib – The Sleeper must awaken!

Lol, thanks corv

Anonymous

And not wanting to be left out of the tardiness appologies – Good luck dude!

erm… how did it go?

By the way, if it didn’t go very well, I failed all my exams (well, all the most important ones) and now work for a large US company earning at least 50% more than the geezer(s) who failed me ๐Ÿ˜€

MuadDib
    Participant

Thanks for the support everyone, my final exam on wednesday will be my luckiest ever ๐Ÿ˜€

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Exam time brings back memorieis!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜•

The VERY best of luck,..very,..very good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.