WorldCon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

How about a worldwide LexxCon to celebrate the passing of Lexx. We could have parties in UK,US,Canada,Rest of the World linked via the Internet. Most cities these days have Internet Bars/Cafes. What do you reckon?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    How about a worldwide LexxCon to celebrate the passing of Lexx. We could have parties in UK,US,Canada,Rest of the World linked via the Internet. Most cities these days have Internet Bars/Cafes. What do you reckon?

But I wanna meet some of you guys in person!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

But I wanna meet some of you guys in person!

well, i’d like to do both…so i am all ears for suggestions i am hoping to go to england next february or so, if the brits are going to do something, i will arrange my trip around it…regards us, i am open to suggestions…and cybercafe sounds like a good interim step, or maybe after the last eppy airs?

Headgehog
    Participant

I like the idea of a WorldCon, but theres one problem, we’re not all finishing Lexx at teh same time. It would work wonderfully if we all finished on the same day, but there also the problem of time zones. America watches Lexx at two times. Eastern/Central/Mountain and Pacific. Maybe we can all try soemthign after the last country see Yo Way Yo.’

But I agree themost with Flamegrape. The best part of uncon was meeting other Lexxians. Talking face to face, drinking, dancing and singing with fellow fans was the best part of Uncon for me. I don’t think an e-con could capture that feeling.

I think Uncon 02 would be a perfect time/place for a sendoff party.

Anonymous

Well we can sort of compromise. All get together in our own countries and then link up, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous

I would love a chance to meet you guys! Don’t think I could afford an overseas trip, but I would definitely try to get to something in the US.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora
    I would love a chance to meet you guys! Don’t think I could afford an overseas trip, but I would definitely try to get to something in the US.

Halifax is much cheaper then you think, besides Nova Scoatia is in Canada or as some poeple like to say, Americas Nothern Suburbs. j/k
    Excluding food I only spent about $300 for the trip. 2 for airfare, ~1 (130 canadian)for accomedations. Sure they were cramped little dorms but I hardly spent anytime in them anyway.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Halifax is much cheaper then you think, besides Nova Scoatia is in Canada or as some poeple like to say, Americas Nothern Suburbs. j/k
    Excluding food I only spent about $300 for the trip. 2 for airfare, ~1 (130 canadian)for accomedations. Sure they were cramped little dorms but I hardly spent anytime in them anyway.

i agree headgehog; halifax is a fun and relatively inexpensive meeting place, but i wonder if it wouldn’t be kind of bittersweet meeting there without electropolis busily humming away in the background? anyway, i am open to suggestions, as i said i am due for a trip to england, but i would certainly consider one in the americas especially as brian said he had just bought a house in halifax

Anonymous

I would go to Halifax. I really tried to in June, but couldn’t swing it.

Anonymous

I am in Australia and would love to meet up with you guys. I am not really caring where – but I must say I am leaning toward Halifax. I went to my local YHA info center and got an information brochure on hostels in Eastern Canada. I would love to go there and am currently trying to save money so I can make it to an Lexx convention “somewhere”.
    I would love to see the passing of Lexx amongst fellow Lexxians.
    I really wanted to be at the last Uncon but things did not pan out.

Here’s hoping
    D

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dragonchrome:
    I am in Australia and would love to meet up with you guys. I am not really caring where – but I must say I am leaning toward Halifax. I went to my local YHA info center and got an information brochure on hostels in Eastern Canada. I would love to go there and am currently trying to save money so I can make it to an Lexx convention “somewhere”.

I would recommend staying at Dalhousie U. up in Hali. But not because of the facilities, just the price. The rooms were smaller then the captains quarters in submarine films! If your a student (which I’m guessign you are) it will only be about $130 (Canada) for 4 nights, w/ tax! You basically get what you pay for though. Which is really just a private room and a bed w/ sheets. But you won’t spend much time in the room anyway, so it shouldn’t matter.

Airfare is whats going to kill you though. I just went to expedia.com and put in a flight from Sydney to Hali. (wed-mon) for July 13 weekend and it doesn’t look pretty. About $2,250 (US)

Ofcourse online travel sites have been expensive recently, so I’d recommend contacting a travel agent, or robbing a bank.

I’ll try to get the uncon date confirmed a little faster, so the airfare doesn’t go up any higher for you.

Headgehog
    Participant

I’m probably wrong about expedia.com. Just out of curiosity I put in Albuquerque to Hali and it said I can take Air Canada all the way up there. Which is stupid since Air Canada doesn’t serve ABQ.

Anonymous

How much does it cost to get to Halifax from the UK? Do Manchester do flights to there?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    I’m probably wrong about expedia.com..

You might try Orbitz.com, I’ve gotten some good fares from them. The fares and specials keep changing every couple of days anyway. But I don’t think people abroad can get tickets from US based sellers anyway–at least in the past they couldn’t.

[/QUOTE]JumpingJedi
    Do Manchester do flights to there?
    [/Quote]

Dream on JJ, Hali ain’t exacltly the center of the world. For a direct flight from NY, we can only leave from Newark for some reason

elmey

[ 01-12-2001: Message edited by: elmey ]

Anonymous

I am expecting to pay about $3000 *just to get there* regardless, before I even think about accomodation, food, transport. So I have started my research.
    I have also been looking at the information on some of the past conventions websites (most helpful)
    I just want to be amongst a bunch of Lexxians

sooner
    D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.