Worst Episode Ever (Spoiler Warning)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Worst Episode Ever (Spoiler Warning)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Did anyone else think that Daniels death was quite possibly the sorriest excuse for an episode to date? There was a wafer thin plot in what seemed like a rushed episode. The whole cryptic woman was possibly the most pointless element of the entire episode Maybe its just me, but i expected more from a show that has had us on the edge of our seat many times, there was just no sincerity in the ending. And i have to protest over the particularly lame way in which daniel spoke to jack in the higher plain, a man at one point i believed daniel would knock on his ass in previous episodes. What was stopping him from talking to any of his other so called friends before his untimely departure. In short, highly disapointed in episode, worst death scene ever!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Jay:
    Did anyone else think that Daniels death was quite possibly the sorriest excuse for an episode to date? There was a wafer thin plot in what seemed like a rushed episode. The whole cryptic woman was possibly the most pointless element of the entire episode Maybe its just me, but i expected more from a show that has had us on the edge of our seat many times, there was just no sincerity in the ending. And i have to protest over the particularly lame way in which daniel spoke to jack in the higher plain, a man at one point i believed daniel would knock on his ass in previous episodes. What was stopping him from talking to any of his other so called friends before his untimely departure. In short, highly disapointed in episode, worst death scene ever!

I think they didn’t want to overplay the scene so as to ‘leave the door open’ for Daniel to return, making it a real weepie will probably give everyone the impression that he’s gone for good, when it’s quite likely he will return, either in the series as a guest star or in a movie somewhere down the line.
    It wasn’t actually a death scene, it seems that Daniel is still alive, but living as a new entity, but still quite possibly human.
    Personally, I don’t unterstand Mr Shanks, he’s not the sort of actor to become the next Brad Pitt/George Clooney, so him going seemed odd, because you can tell that after SG-1 he will probably fade into obscurity, or turn up as a guest star on other Sci-fi shows.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I must admit I found it a bit cheasy. By the end of the episode I was saying, “Oh come on! Die already!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.