Worst of Lexx Poll

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I do not know if there has already been a worst of poll, but if all you persons could think of your least favorite or most hated Lexx episode (and state why). *ONE only* from each season. This might be fun.

Mine are as follows:

1) Super Nova- boring, utterly boring. Horrible for a second episode. Except for Stan getting his hand ripped off I almost fell asleep during it. Yes, it did advance the plot slightly, but I hate it. I WILL buy it, I must have all of Lexx! It is good that I do not have to watch it ever again if I do not wish to.

2) Lafftrak- I will not speak of this as I hate it so much. I will only say that I have not watched this again even though I own it on DVD!

3) Tunnels- seemed too long for me.

4) to me there is not a clear winner for least favorite. Though I will say that my least favorite(s) are: Texx Lexx, Vlad, Magic Baby and 769 (although I thought the ending of this was enchanting, seeing Prince vanish in a slowly moving burst of orange light, the nice piano music, etc.) Hope buying a home in Prime Ridge, Ohio is better. You U.S. people are lucky, getting Prime Ridge 5 days before us Canadians.

Anonymous

Season 1:…oh this is hard…I don’t dislike any of them…well if I had to pick I think I’d say I Worship His Shadow

Season 2:Tie for Patches in the Sky and Woz

Season 3:The Key(really just a boring filler episode that takes away from the arc of the season)

Season 4:A Midsummer’s Nightmare(for same reasons as the key for season 3)

DalekTek790
    Participant

Lexx 1: Super Nova (weak)

Lexx 2: Love Grows (took half the episode to get to the real plot, and even then it was lame)

Lexx 3: The Beach (destroyed the season that preceded it)

Lexx 4: Stan Down (too silly, plus it didn’t seem to advance the story arc)

Anonymous

Series1: Eating Pattern, had nothing to do with Lexx other than the characters in it.

Series2: Mantrid, For all the greatness this episode brought Lexx I didnt like it other than the introduction. Zevs hair looked like a crappy wig. Lots of rendering problems and seams. This continued through “Terminal”.

Series3: Garden. Lyekka is one of my favorite chars but this episode was just awful, it was like Series3 took an episode off.

Series4: Fluff Daddy. Continuity problems were far too apparant and I just dont like evil-Lyekka, too hard for me to take in even if the original Lyekka from Stans childhood was evil. At the same time I loved Lex and Jeff in this ep.

Anonymous

Season 1 – Supernova – Drawn out, Don’t like Tim Curry and slightly boring.

Season 2 – White Trash – hate the guest characters, no real story involved.

Season 3 – Girltown – No Xev (not speaking anyway), Felt drawn out again, didn’t like some of the “girl” scenes.

Season 4 – Stan Down – Didn’t feel much like Lexx, guest characters had more to do than the others, Padding ep. Although I do like the Alligator Pit and Pussy scenes !

YD

Flamegrape
    Participant

Series I: Supernova
    Series II: White Trash
    Series III: Girltown
    Series IV: Texx Lexx

But none of these are bad episodes! You made me choose! I actually really like all the episodes I’ve listed above!

Anonymous

Series 1 – I Worship his Shadow, because I liked the others better.

Series 2 – Brigadoom, Don’t like Musicals.

Series 3 – Girltown, it was dumb.

Series 4 – Haven’t seen it.

Anonymous

2) Lafftrak- I will not speak of this as I hate it so much. I will only say that I have not watched this again even though I own it on DVD!

I loved that episode! It was LEXX at it’s best! Most of it was hilarious (Like when Stan kicked that Kid’s head off) and it was so surreal which is what I like most about LEXX.

Anonymous

Season 1: Eating Pattern
    Season 2: Luvliner (Repulsive)
    Season 3: Tunnels (drawn out)
    Season 4: P4X I don’t think we need
    to see some kid brandishing weopons
    and shooting everyone. I know that idea
    is that everyone on Earth is going
    mad, unfortantunantly, here in the states
    we get more than that in real life.

Anonymous

From Season 1:
    Eating Pattern. Oh, dear god, make the hurting stop. No matter how many times I watch this episode half of it still doesn’t make any sense … Why Kai freeze-dried in the first place is anyone’s guess, it was never explained, but then he drops down into the pit at the end and finds the Queen in the form of a 50ft Zev. He then kills her. All fine and dandy. Then the Queen comes out as a 100ft tall Wist and Kai … stands there. Why? Why attack Zev but not Wist? It’s bizarre. The fact that it had the Devine Predecessors in whom I never really liked didn’t help matters, mind you…

From Season 2:
    Love Grows. Once again, aaaargh. In theory this episode could have worked, but it was done in such a juvenile fashion that it never really came across as amusing to me, and they never chose to explore the possibilities from a “what if” fashion. And they commited the biggest sin of all … The Lexx talks to Kai, by name, of its own volition, to ask him something completely irrelevent! The fact that the Lexx doesn’t talk to anyone but whoever has the key is bad enough but it then forgets Kai’s identity for later episodes… It was nice that the virus took time to sink in, but unfortunately with only 45 minutes to play with it all seemed a bit rushed.

From Season 3:
    Oooh, now this is hard. I’d have to say Girltown because while I quite enjoyed the debate scenes (firstly because I’ve sat in meetings like that, secondly because they all had United Kingdom accents and were wearing red and blue on opposite sides of a hall … I think they were supposed to represent the British Parliment, having a Queen as they do) the bits with Giggerota got tiring 10 minutes in when you realised she wanted to usurp Stan’s torso and he didn’t. That said, I still enjoy this episode, particularly Kai’s scenes.

Season 4:
    We’re not done yet, of course, but – although no episodes have been particularly awful – I didn’t really care for either Fluff Daddy or Midsummer’s Nightmare. Both had some excellent banter in (between Prince / Xev, and later Oberon / Titania) but the stories just seemed largely directionless. And those bloody singing tree costumers were inexcusable, they didn’t even use CGI…

[ 18-03-2002: Message edited by: Chris_A ]

Anonymous

Oki, if I HAD to choose:

Season 1: Eating Pattern
    Season 2: White Trash
    Season 3: Tunnels
    Season 4: 769

But to be honest, with the exception of ‘769’ and ‘Bad Carrot’ from season 4, I’d watch them all again.

Anonymous

1) Haven’t seen it yet
    2)White Trash
    3) K-Town
    4) Haley’s Comet

Anonymous

Season 1: Supernova. It could have been done SO much better. In addition, the talking stars were a complete puzzlement. Don’t get me wrong, there are some good points in this one (my favorite being the lovely Kai/Zev duo), but overall I think it was lacking.

Season 2: White Trash. It was the very first Lexx episode I watched, and I didn’t care for it much. Good thing I kept watching.

Season 3: Garden. Although I loved the symbolism of the garden of Eden, the eppy was rather slow-moving.

Season 4: Mort. This eppy was utterly dull, other than Kai’s comment “The dead are really messed up.” Bad Carrot was better.

Anonymous

Season One – There wasn’t a bad one, although if we throw the Rated: LEXX specials in there, the second one was pretty useless.

Season Two – Love Grows, no merit, sorry.

Season Three – The Beach

Season Four – Midsummer’s Nightmare, an episode so bad it makes the three previous worst candidates look like shakespeare. Completely awful and unredeemable, just the worst of the worst. Bad lighting, bad direction, bad CGI, appallling script, poor performances, lousy props, deplorable costumes, third rate post production, useless location shooting, a failure on every conceivable level.

dgrequeen
    Participant

S1 – Eating Pattern, my least favorite because it didn’t seem to fit in with the other three movies, which had a story arc to them. It felt like filler, and it always pains me to see Rutger Hauer deteriorating ever more.

S2 – White Trash. Just too conventionally stereotypical. A waste of Maury Chaykin, although he did his usual creditable job.

S3 – I liked Season 3. But if I had to choose, probably Girltown was my least favorite. The parliamentary argument among the “boys” and Queen’s lip-licking scenes dragged on too long, IMO.

S4 – Midsummer Nightmare. Titania was just too gross, apologies to the actor. I was disappointed in the setting, too. After traveling all the way to the UK, it seems like they could have done better than a tent and a parking lot.

I hasten to add that I rewatched even the episodes I wasn’t particularly fond of, for those little nuggets among the dreck that surprised and delighted.

Anonymous

Silliness! If I picked my four least favourite episodes, they’d all be from season #4.

In my opinion, the best episode from #4 = everage episode from #3 = worst episode from #2. And only the absolute creme de la creme from #2 (Brigadoom, Mantrid, End of the Universe) are at the level of season #1.

Anonymous

I don’t know if it qualifies as “worst of”, but I watched last night’s episode again of “Boomtown”. I really despise this episode. Watching people being casually set on fire is not my idea of fun viewing. (Nor is seeing Stan in an orgy – and poor old frustrated Zev!) All in all, an ugly episode.

Anonymous

FWIW, the “SPACE” channel in Canada recently showed a viewer-voted Lexxathon of the top 6 rated episodes. They were:

6. Brigadoom
    5. The End of the Universe
    4. Boomtown
    3. Battle
    2&1. I Worship His Shadow

Jhevz
    Participant

Since I’m a new Lexxian & have only watch part of season IV & have seen repeats of seasons II & III, I have to give only the worst 1s that I’ve watched.
    1st Season: Haven’t watched it, but would be honoured too.
    2nd Season: There are only 2, but I can’t think of the episode names right now, so I’ll give you a description, instead. The 1 episode from the 2nd season is when Stan & Xev go onto this ship & it turns out to be a `Game Show’ Talent Audition that ends up with Kai’s head completely off his body, Kai’s body walking around with someone else’s head, 790 ends up in another cubicul & Stan & Xev almost losing theirs; this could’ve been better than I thought it was; the other 1 was the episode before `End of the Universe’, but after `Brigadoom’; I can only say this, Mandrad had his come-up-ins.
    3rd Season: To be honest, there isn’t 1 that I can really say is really bad.
    4th Season: Mort; this was a really gorey episode that probably should not have been made or at least, made with less gore.
    Until I watch more of both season 3 & 4 & eventually watch season 1, I cannot really make least or most favourite episodes.
    Take care & have a great Summer.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

OK, the “least best” episodes…no, I’m sorry, I abstain, I just can’t do it folks. Yes some episodes made me wonder what the Beans were drinking, but they are quintessential Lexx none-the-less.

Camelyn
    Who loves them all, even Midummers Nightmare

Anonymous

S1 Supernova- because T. Curry is totally out of sync with the rest of the cast and doesn’t have a Brunnen G hairdo!

S2 Nook, although I liked it better upon second viewing. My first impression was that it was a bit of a bore

S3Tunnels seemed like filler

S4 Magic Baby or Midsummer’ Nightmare because they were disappointing executions of good ideas.

Well, I have to say it, I don’t think any episodes are the worst. I just can’t choose! I’ve been reading what all of you have said, but, I still love them all!

Anonymous

I also love them all, even “Midsummer” which is baaaaaad…really baaaaaad! It’s all about the cast/characters, the music, the concept. Even the lesser Lexx ep’s are far superior to the crap on network tv (IMHO).

Anonymous

S1: Eating Pattern, Just sucked
    S2: Love Grows

I love Brigadoom…..the first thing I did after seeing it was to download the songs.

And Twilight rocks like hell, Kai is ruling in that episode!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.