Xenia as Hellchild

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

Hilda Humphrey was a geeky nerdy rebellious hellchild slut with a drug problem gone brainwashed newborn x.

It was like two shots Amelie, one blunt of Fast Times At Ridgemont High, a tank of Lexx humor, and a tab of Monty Python’s The Meaning Of Life. That about sums it up. And now I can totally see why the Beans knew that they had found their Xev.

A classic line from Hellchild.

Cool.

Order your copy here.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Jhevz
    Participant

Hey Flamegrape,
    Now that’s cool; the pictures of Xenia are great & show her beautiful figure; of course, I think she’s pretty anyway. I like her description of men & what they really like to do, especially with women. Thanks for sharing that with everyone; when I go to my convention in February, I’ll see if any of the Dealer’s in the Dealers’ Room are going to have it.
    Take care & have a great Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Flamegrape
    Participant

Don’t buy anything at conventions that can be purchased in the store. If you buy a CD or a DVD at a convention, there is a good chance that it will be a bootleg. And if it’s a bootleg, the quality will not be very good.

The best thing to do is to buy a copy of Hellchild at the store. Or better yet, order it from Xenia herself and she can autograph it. I provided a link to her online store in my original post.

theFrey
    Participant

Flame, was it really only 20 minutes long?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Flame, was it really only 20 minutes long?

Yes. The DVD is actually a collection of short films by Nick Lyon.

I can’t emphasize enough how important this film was for her selection to play the part of Xev. It is not a serious film or drama. It is goofy-ass comedy with a sick and twisted sense of humor.

In fact, I might even go so far as to suggest that Hilda Humphrey (and/or other films by Nick Lyon) may have been the inspiration to take Lexx in the silly direction that it did during the second season. Furthermore, Hellchild could potentially be described as a “lost episode” from the fourth season. In the fourth season, we never did meet Xev’s archetype/soul on Earth like we did with Stan’s and Kai’s. But Hilda Humphrey could easily fill that role. Imagine if Xev’s soul “woke up” on Earth during the fourth season of Lexx and you would have Hellchild.

This DVD is a gem for a Xenia fan’s DVD collection. I highly recommend it. But if you were disappointed with the direction that Lexx took after the first series or if the fourth season really irritated you, then don’t buy it. On the other hand, if you loved Xev, thought Prime Ridge, Moss, Mort, and other notorious fourth season episodes were hilarious, then you will love it!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Don’t buy anything at conventions that can be purchased in the store. If you buy a CD or a DVD at a convention, there is a good chance that it will be a bootleg.

The exception being if you buy it at a convention from the person/persons involved (like, say, if the guys from Something Weird Video had a booth set up at a convention selling their wares, or if Xenia has her DVD for sale at her signing booth). It’s the equivalent of buying a band’s CD or a T-shirt at a show — at least you know the money’s going to the people you like.

–Aleck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.