Xenia is looking for a MAN! IT COULD BE U!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Xenia is looking for a MAN! IT COULD BE U!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

http://www.annecarlini.com/ex_interviews.php?id=90

Scroll all the way down the page!

HDS

GivingYouTheFinger
    Participant

very nice interview. She seems like a really nice, genuine person. Unfortunately, I think I’m too young for her. On a side note, if there’s ever a movie with her and Angelina Jolie (my absolute favorite actress), I’d go insane! The most lucious lips in hollywood, together! Loved the mention about a possible LEXX movie, and the comic project.

Anonymous

In the interview in question, you may notice that she says that she was never asked for participation in the DVDs (interviews and the like).

This is, in short, not true.

She was asked, and either could not, or would not, record an interview for the discs (the S2 DVDs that were in production while S4 was shooting). So she was asked. In fact, the interviewer asked the question because one of our marketing staff asked him to (he meant it in a half-joking way, not expecting that the interviewer would really ask it).

Just getting this in before the inevitable question arises.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    In the interview in question, you may notice that she says that she was never asked for participation in the DVDs (interviews and the like).

–Aleck

Well I guess maybe she forgot? Ah well…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:

Well I guess maybe she forgot? Ah well…

Don’t get me wrong…I’m not claiming that she’s lying or anything. It’s entirely possible that she’s just forgotten that she was asked. I’m just saying that the information she gave in the interview was incorrect.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

From the Anne Carlini Interview:

You also have plans for a comic book too ? ”Yes, I do, because I thought that it would be perfect to take those characters (LEXX) and move on with them in comic books. Because people have been saying that ‘they should all be in a video game or a comic book. Why don’t you do that ?’ So, because I’m also writing short stories and stuff therefore I thought it might be a good idea. It doesn’t have to be the same group, but we could start there and we’ll take it off to some new adventures.”

Yo!

I’m your man!

I’m working on it.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

From the Anne Carlini Interview:

Standing naked looking at yourself in the mirror, what do you think is your best feature ? ”My eyes,” she instantly responds.

Dammit! That’s been the hardest part of Xev’s videogame character model. I’m stuck on it right now.

When I released the BETA version of the videogame model, one of the most common criticisms was the eyes didn’t look right. In fact, they look a little bit cross-eyed.

I had modeled the character in the “old-fashioned” way. (“Old-fashioned,” meaning they stopped doing it a year or two ago!) The way I had modeled Xev’s face was to make a simple geometric mesh in the general shape of Xenia’s face. But it lacked fine details such as nostril holes, teeth, eyelids and eyelashes. Those fine details were represented using a simple texture map that was projected onto the geometric mesh. (Try to imagine projecting a slide photograph of Xenia onto a featureless wig manequin.) In simple terms, I cheated for the sake of computer memory economics. This practice was common among videogame designers.

Low and behold, I discover that they don’t do that anymore! Yes, some artists are still using the “old-fashioned” way of doing it. It saves time and trouble.

But Xev is important and Xenia is special. She says that her eyes are her best feature, then I agree. In all honesty, her eyes were what struck my interest when I first started watching Lexx. (Not her famous lips or anything else.) She says it’s important and, by God, I’m going to get them right!

Anonymous

Whoo Flame it will be ok.

And Aleck, I’m sure she said that because she didnt want to say why she didnt do it.
    Who knows =p

HDS

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:
    Whoo Flame it will be ok.

No, biggie. I just take pride in my work. I want the sculpture to be as perfect as possible. Days go by without any progress while I think to myself, “What’s it missing? What needs to be changed?”

It would be so much easier if I could have her model in person! lol. There was a method I developed in art school where I take a makeup pencil to the subject’s face, draw grid lines, and then photograph the face from the front and side. This was a much cheaper alternative to rent laser scanning equipment that would cost thousands of dollars. The drawback is that the procedure takes several hours.

Anonymous

What Xenia needs is a man like me!!

Im 15, paintballer, single and swedish!!

Blonde, blue eyes…….aye, we are the same…cept she doesnt play ball….or is 15…or swede

Ahh, forget about it…….

Anonymous

NO NO NO… Xenia is looking for ME! Uh… just don’t tell my girlfriend…

Anonymous

quote:

]

Well, total honesty is too much to expect from an interview with an actress! but it does pique one’s curiousity about why not? from the travelogs of the (notorious) moderators visit to the set she seems rather worn out during shooting….so maybe that is why.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I tend to agree with lizard. And I’d also rule out some sort of behind-the-scenes politics. Xenia seems very eager these days to promote herself and her work of past, present, and future. LOL. She could be saving up all of her Lexx interview energy for another DVD in the future. Hey, why not?

Flamegrape
    Participant

LOL. Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about the main subject of this thread.

I’m the one for Xenia because I wouldn’t cheat on her. I tend to be a hermetic artist, not very interested in a freewheeling
    lifestyle. So I’m safe. lol

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I tend to agree with lizard. And I’d also rule out some sort of behind-the-scenes politics. Xenia seems very eager these days to promote herself and her work of past, present, and future. LOL. She could be saving up all of her Lexx interview energy for another DVD in the future. Hey, why not?

Well, I wouldn’t say that there were any behind-the-scenes politics behind her not doing any interviews. She just said that she couldn’t, and that could have been for any number of reasons — scheduling, exhaustion, she had the flu, etc. All I was doing was trying to point out that, before anyone asked why we didn’t ask her to contribute, that we did, and she couldn’t. Simple enough. I seriously doubt that she’s saving her energy for a future LEXX DVD interview, though.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    I seriously doubt that she’s saving her energy for a future LEXX DVD interview, though.

Actually, I meant for some other DVD. Or CD-ROM? Liiiiiike… a videogame?

Fatguy
    Participant

Xenia is not looking for a man, at least that is how I see it. Would you really want to be married to Xenia? Think about it and read over what she said in the interview.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Fatguy:
    Xenia is not looking for a man, at least that is how I see it. Would you really want to be married to Xenia? Think about it and read over what she said in the interview.

Only you would take such a subject seriously.

I mean, c’mon! As if!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.