Xenia’s Poster Available Now!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Xenia’s Poster Available Now!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

The store is open 19×25 poster, autographed for $29.95, personal autograph for $49.95.

It looks like this:

You can order Hellchild (autographed) there, too. And that “Nuclear Receptor” Pendant that will solve all your problems.
    http://www.xeniaseeberg.biz

Pet;D

[ 14-09-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Fatguy
    Participant

Pet, this picture has been discussed before, but do your female eyes detect any “photographic enhancemant”? Flame says that one would need a larger photo to tell, well here it is (sort of…..). Was the photo stretched? Were any flaws removed? Her boobs look too good…..

Fatguy
    Participant

Check out her shoulders. Women don’t have shoulders that much larger than their hips, they look like male dimensions. Female hips are larger than most men (for childbirth) and to have shoulders larger than the hips…..I smell a rat (photographic rat, that is…..). Opinions?

P.S. I am not knocking Xenia here; but rather, the unrealist concepts of beauty being portrayed in the media.

[ 14-09-2002: Message edited by: Fatguy ]

[ 14-09-2002: Message edited by: Fatguy ]

Anonymous

Fatguy, I doubt that there’s any celebrity poster sold nowadays that isn’t airbrushed/enhanced in some way. If you’re going to put them on your wall, you might as well see them at their best

elmey

Anonymous

There is no such thing as a professionally taken photograph for marketing purposes that has not been doctored. They call it something like “artistic enhancement” and it’s cost is usually built right into the photographer’s fees anymore. It is possible Xenia never even saw raw proofs-I think they now do shading corrections during the developement stage.

As to her body- I’ll let you guys be the judge of that! Though I will say, if her hips were shaved, it probably was done so her body would conform to the still widely preferred Westernized female “boy form” dominating the runways…that has not changed for years! Bigger, fuller boobs have finally found their place in the fashion/glamour industry, though.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    Bigger, fuller boobs have finally found their place in the fashion/glamour industry, though.

Let’s hear it for big boobs! Hip Hip Hurrah!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    Bigger, fuller boobs have finally found their place in the fashion/glamour industry, though.

Flamegrape
    Participant

*THUD*

Midori
    Participant

My crappy two cents on that photo..
    The camera adds weight, thats a known fact.. If that picture were close to real.. shed be the width of the speaker on my radio..
    and barely would be able to squeeze out a small Grape fruit not a baby.. ha ha.
    Midori
    (but shes still pretty damn hot.. )

[ 15-09-2002: Message edited by: Midori ]

pet
    Participant

I assumed her hips were “taken in” a little, probably through camera work or digitally, not airbrushing. Below the waist she seems boyish to me. And… any pic that’s going to be shown in a mag or life-sized is always airbrushed.

You could compare it to the pic on the Frey’s site showing Xenia in the Egyptian outfit holding one of the Klone dolls. She is in a similar position.
    http://www.thefrey.com/images/Xenia1Crop.jpg

(Out of frame direct link. If this is inappropriate or if there is a preferred way the Frey would like to bring attention to this, I’m open to moderation. )

I don’t know why anyone would want to cut their hips down, since most people who like looking at women prefer a 2 to 3 waist to hip ratio no matter what the waist and hip size. (Discovery Channel or Learning Channel Bio of Sex show. I can’t remember which one.)

However, she may also just be a “cone” body type, more typical of men than women, but it still happens. Most lingerie models these days are cone or ruler types, as opposed to hourglass or pear. That’s why they have to stand in those awkward positions to make their hips look rounder. But their stomachs are generally flatter, which makes for better fit.

I digress. I do think her hips were taken in. I also think if it was posted in a room, it would take awhile for anyone to notice it, with the rest of the pic being so distracting.

At least they didn’t airbrush out her hip bone and rib cage like they do over at Playboy. She still looks half human.

[ 16-09-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Anonymous

Even the rap around her hips looks added in. If you look at in Adobe you can see.

But anyway, Lets hear it for HIPS! and LIPS!!

Anonymous

Well, here’s MY two cents worth: I do photographic digital retouching for a living, and compared the poster image with the image off of the Frey’s site one-to-one. The poster image’s dimensions match almost identically to the costumed snapshot. I’d guess she’s just shaped like that in real life.

I also work with many photographers, and will add that there are lots of ways to “enhance” someone’s body in a photo shoot that don’t involve digital techniques. So it’s entirely possible her pose looks the way it does due to a wonderful photographer, good lighting, and carefully placed props you don’t see, all designed to enhance her obvious talents.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:

I´ll drink to that!!!

pet
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxDeb:
    Well, here’s MY two cents worth: I do photographic digital retouching for a living, and compared the poster image with the image off of the Frey’s site one-to-one. The poster image’s dimensions match almost identically to the costumed snapshot. I’d guess she’s just shaped like that in real life.

I also work with many photographers, and will add that there are lots of ways to “enhance” someone’s body in a photo shoot that don’t involve digital techniques. So it’s entirely possible her pose looks the way it does due to a wonderful photographer, good lighting, and carefully placed props you don’t see, all designed to enhance her obvious (ahem) talents.

I think you’re right, upon reflection with more time. If you cut one out and paste it in transfer over the other, they pretty much match up. In the poster, her weight is on her right leg, and her hips swing that way, but they are the same size if you resize them by her eyes then line them up by probable belly-button position.

I think there’s a bit of an illusion that makes her hips appear smaller in the poster, because her right hip bone (stage left) is darker than the rest, so at a glance she looks thinner there.

It’s rare to see a model in this “jug and mug-shot” pose. The more I look at it, the more refreshing it is.

Pet;D

[ 17-09-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by pet:

It’s rare to see a model in this “jug and mug-shot” pose. The more I look at it, the more refreshing it is.

Pet;D

[ 17-09-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Let’s hear it for “refreshing jugs” Hip hip HAZA!

pet
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:

Let’s hear it for “refreshing jugs” Hip hip HAZA!

MMMMmmmmm. Refreshing Juuugs….

LOL!

Anonymous

I´ll drink to anything that has to do with women!!!!!

GivingYouTheFinger
    Participant

I agree that the dimensions don’t quite look right. especialls the shoulders vs. hips, it just doesnt look right. I’d expect it to be a fake nude, as it looks really altered. Maybe it’s real, she definately doesnt look bad, I dont think she could look bad if she TRIED! But it just doesnt look like the body we see in the Xev costume.

Anonymous

It’s not like there are alot of them out there…any pic of Xenia is okay with me.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Trust me. The proportions are correct. I’ve been examining Xev/Xenia for months trying to get her player model to look right in JK2.

Agdune
    Participant

jk2? your putting her into jk2? i want one

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Agdune:
    jk2? your putting her into jk2? i want one

I’ve released a BETA version of Xev for JK2. It is currently one of the featured models at http://www.jediknight2files.com

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.