Yo Way Yo kiss edited in?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Yo Way Yo kiss edited in?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

Curious if anyone noticed this one:

When Kai kisses Xev in front of the Higgs Bozen accellerator, it looks to me like that kiss was edited in after the fact. We see Kai and Xev looking at each other, cut to a shot of Kai walking over to Xev and kissing her, then cut back to a shot of Kai and Xev looking at each other–apparently standing exactly where they were standing before the kiss shot.

I suspect there originally was no kiss, but then the Beans decided it was just too cruel to have a final farewell between Kai and Xev without one. Thoughts?

dgrequeen
    Participant

I did notice a certain discontinuity between Kai’s expression when he kissed Xev and the next closeup shot of his face. So you might be right.

Anonymous

Nope. That kiss was one of the last scenes they shot for LEXX in Electropolis. It was pretty much one of the last scenes with them all together. According to Brian and Alex, Michael had a tough time doing it, it was coming home to him that this was the end, and for once, he was getting sentimental. They shot two different versions of that scene, one with the kiss and one without the kiss, not even the DOP knew which one they were going to use. The kiss was real.

Anonymous

Great b/g details Valdron, thanks!

Sgt. Draino noted: (Quote didn’t work)
    >When Kai kisses Xev in front of the Higgs >Bozen accellerator, it looks to me like >that kiss was edited in after the fact.

We all know that show are usually shot out of sequence and edited together so, technically, every shot is edited in. But I
    agree with Sgt. Draino. When I saw the scene, it flowed even if the lighting was
    totally different during “the Kiss”. However, when they went back to Kai, I was
    absolutely startled and my first reaction
    was – this has to be the worst cut in all of
    Lexx history. I don’t know what the producers (producer/director in this case)
    were thinking in letting that go by. It
    certainly took a lot away from the emotional
    shot I had just seen (and everything else
    that led to it).

Anyway, just MHO. I found the rest of the ep
    very well done.

Anonymous

If you look closely at Kai’s eyes, I know they looked wet with tears like MM was filling up…Thanks to Valdron, who never ceases to amaze me, now I know they were real… It kind of makes me feel better about MM, too, because I had been under the impression that it was very easy for him to walk away from Lexx.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.