Yo Way Yo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The end I finally get to see,
    Do you care to know
    What I thought?
    To bad, I’m telling ‘ya anyway.
    Beware the spoilers
    That I’ll give away.
    Don’t read if you don’t like to be rotten.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I thought it sad as Lexx passed away. I hadn’t realized how fond of the Big Bug I had become.

I sadistically laughed as Longbore got blown away, serves him right. A fitting fate for a sick sad little man.

Preist admits to his true self. I wonder what would happen to him if Prince were to lay off. Would cutey Bunny steer him on a better path?

790, 790, sweetums, I think your missing a major bolt or two. Your short a french fry for the full happy meal. Your crayons are broken, your labels are peeled, your can is dented. You have “issues.”

Prince’s entrance onto the Noah was very impressive. Yummy. He was at his height of seductive evil in this episode.

Stan, what a proud moment for ‘ya! You fought back for once.

Xev, my heart breaks for ‘ya. You never got much this season but you finally got a Kai kiss. awww.

I wonder at how Kai laughed. Was it because Prince isn’t death and he saw the true face of death? Or was it because he realized Prince was set free from Earth and now stuck with the Noah? *shrug* But it was tantilizing.

Most of all, I’m impressed with this roller coaster I’ve been on for the past three years. (or has it been four? I forget.) Like at the end of every ride, I feel exhilirated, re-energized, a bit shakey but laughing. (hrm, maybe that’s why Kai laughed, the ride was over.) And I feel freed.

Despite the Season Five game, I feel like Lexx is truly over and only a spin off would be the right thing to do to further the adventures of Xev and Stan in the Dark Universe.

[ 26-09-2002: Message edited by: Praxilla ]

GivingYouTheFinger
    Participant

I havent seen it yet, but my curiosity about it was killing me and i’ve read a few different reviews. I dunno. For some reason it just doesnt sit well with me. It doesnt seem like a fitting end whatsoever. It’s just chaotic. Kai, the dead one, dies…and Stan and Xev live on…It just leaves way too much to be desired and answered. Maybe when I actually see it a week from next tuesday I will have a different opinion…and maybe my distaste for it is actually a deeper distaste of the fact that LEXX did in fact come to an end. It’s sad. I’m just now really getting into it, and its over. But, it had a very good run, and all things must end eventually. WHY LEXX, WHY!?!? WHY MUST YOU END!!! I LOVEDED YOOS!

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Praxilla:
    I wonder at how Kai laughed. Was it because Prince isn’t death and he saw the true face of death? Or was it because he realized Prince was set free from Earth and now stuck with the Noah? *shrug* But it was tantilizing.

I think it was because he looked up at the digital read-out that displayed the weight of the Higgs boson. It read, “1313131313.” And I think Kai thought, “A Type 13 planet. Now I get it. Ha-ha-ha.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by GivingYouTheFinger:

Maybe when I actually see it a week from next tuesday I will have a different opinion…and maybe my distaste for it is actually a deeper distaste of the fact that LEXX did in fact come to an end. It’s sad. I’m just now really getting into it, and its over.

When you see it you’ll find it more moving than you expect, and probably more upsetting than you expect–and I think that you’re right, part of the reason is that it is clearly the end of the show. At least it ended the way it was meant to end.

And do what the rest of us are doing, start
    collecting the DVD’s. First of all it’s the unedited versions of the shows and the extra interviews and features are fun. And the episodes really repay repeated viewings, you’ll be surprised at what you missed the first time around!

elmey

GivingYouTheFinger
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:

When you see it you’ll find it more moving than you expect, and probably more upsetting than you expect–and I think that you’re right, part of the reason is that it is clearly the end of the show. At least it ended the way it was meant to end.

And do what the rest of us are doing, start
    collecting the DVD’s. First of all it’s the unedited versions of the shows and the extra interviews and features are fun. And the episodes really repay repeated viewings, you’ll be surprised at what you missed the first time around!

elmey

Yeah, I’m planning on getting the DVDs…anyone know if Suncoast carries them? I’ve looked at Best Buy and they didnt have them, at least not that I saw. But back to Yo Way Yo…I can’t wait to see it, it sounds like a really solid episode at least, even if it will be really sad.

Anonymous

quote:

Yeah, I’m planning on getting the DVDs…anyone know if Suncoast carries them? I’ve looked at Best Buy and they didnt have them, at least not that I saw. But back to Yo Way Yo…I can’t wait to see it, it sounds like a really solid episode at least, even if it will be really sad.

Have you asked them if they will special order for you? Most stores will, except Hastings.. b*sta*ds.

Anonymous

quote:

Yeah, I’m planning on getting the DVDs…anyone know if Suncoast carries them? I’ve looked at Best Buy and they didnt have them, at least not that I saw.

Suncoast should have them. They’re part of the Musicland/Sam Goody chain, and they’ve been among the more supportive retail customers we’ve had. I know that Borders Books and Music carries them as well, and they’re cheaper by 20%, if you want to stick with brick-and-mortar shops. I’ve seen them in the Best Buy stores locally, but I’ve heard from others that they’ve had problems finding them at their local stores. Since Musicland and Best Buy are going to shortly start sharing their purchasing and merchandising departments (they’re owned by the same company), you should soon be able to find them in BBs more easily. Going the electronic route, you’ll get the best prices, I’ve found, from deepdiscountdvd.com.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I think it was because he looked up at the digital read-out that displayed the weight of the Higgs boson. It read, “1313131313.” And I think Kai thought, “A Type 13 planet. Now I get it. Ha-ha-ha.”

Also, 13×5 = 65. Check out this bit from MM in a chat last year:

quote:

[20:23] It was a fantastic experience to be done on 65 hours of cable television.

Anonymous

THe S1 DVDs are only available in Canada, or via mail/internet order from Canada. Also, I’d recommend buying DVDs in general onlien if you can. The prices are almost always cheaper, often by a great margin. Right now on deepdiscountdvd.com you can get the entire S2 of Lexx for $60.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I felt he was laughing at the irony of ending his second “life” in almost exactly the same manner as the first one had ended: broken, bleeding and flat on his back after a crash landing in the heart of the enemy ship/planetoid. This time however, he succeded in taking the bad guy with him.

Camelyn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.