You go girl!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Frey you really rock!!!!!!!
    Well, it not really true I want to knock the Grand Poo-Bah of deadness; but I really get annoyed sometimes at people that use their looks to get somewhere and once they get there they treat those who put them there like crap. In a parallel light universe; if it was really espousing light; would find a regular, average looking guy getting his type of attention for being a good guy not a good looking guy. And you know who gives attractive people power over us; so they feel they can talk down to us; we do!!! We do!!! If we could see beyond the surface attractiveness into the inside of a person; what if that were possible. I swear a lot of those “stars” we spend lots of money to see would not be so tempting anymore.
    It infuriates me MEAN PEOPLE TOTALLY SUCK!!!! It’s just that we live in this world and we give credence to what “the world” thinks is attractive. Not me baby, I go for a nice set of kind eyes with a heart to match. hey, intelligence and a sense of humor doesn’t hurt either.
    Why can’t each of accept that we are totally fine in and of ourselves; I do. We don’t need to validation to know this. It’s beyond you’re ok; I’m ok. Each of us is a vital part of the whole system; we have a role to play; otherwise we would not be here. All I can say is to you all; is find your niche and let no one or nothing make you feel less than what you truly are; that is a “light in and of the World.”

Peace and Love to All Mandara K

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    Frey you really rock!!!!!!!

Well yes. Thank you for noticing.

Well, it not really true I want to knock the Grand Poo-Bah of deadness;[/QUOTE]

Good, that only irritates people. Nice name by the way.

In a parallel light universe; if it was really espousing light; would find a regular, average looking guy getting his type of attention for being a good guy not a good looking guy.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, that would be British television. Their production companies don’t seem to be as hung up on looks as ours are.

And you know who gives attractive people power over us;… We do!!! [/QUOTE]

But… but… we can’t help it! They are just so d*mn cute! But you must hang me high with the rest on this topic. I like many different actors, actresses and not all of them are classic lookers. But….. I must admit that in some situations a classic set of cheek bones and a nice jaw line just do it for me. They don’t even have to do anything, I just would be happy to have them stand there and look pretty for me.

Why can’t each of accept that we are totally fine in and of ourselves; I do. [/QUOTE]

I know, I know. I should just accept myself the way I am. Ask FX how much I agonize over how I look, my hair, my clothes, my makeup. I am not happy until they are perfect…. Sigh… I am just so shallow.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

I know, I know. I should just accept myself the way I am. Ask FX how much I agonize over how I look, my hair, my clothes, my makeup. I am not happy until they are perfect…. Sigh… I am just so shallow.

snerk

i am flashing back to getting the three misfits going in the morning in halifax; there’s me, shoving my hair out of my face, etching some black lines into somewhere nearly right place on my eyes, and heading out the door to find; frey tapping her toes and glaring (and that was before she broke her foot ) while blackie agonized over how many layers of clothes to wear, and which particular mix of crystals seemed most auspicious for that day’s events…frey’s idea of getting ready is swiping at her glasses with a rag and getting fifty thousand different craft thingies together to bring to electropolis to bribe people with

but you are right mandara, outsides don’t always match insides, but that’s what makes meeting new people fun; seeing what is below the surface

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    …frey’s idea of getting ready is swiping at her glasses with a rag

It may not have been pressed, but it was a handkerchief, it even had my initial on it. Oh okay, it might have had someone’s else’s initial, I can’t remember. I am not above snitching hankies from someone else’s nightstand.

Bribes? They were Jalapeno gifties from Texas.

[ 04-03-2002: Message edited by: thefrey ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mandara K.:
    In a parallel light universe; if it was really espousing light; would find a regular, average looking guy getting his type of attention for being a good guy not a good looking guy.

Dang straight.

I feel like I’m missing something. What did the Frey do worthy of praise in this area?

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    What did the Frey do worthy of praise

I’m special just because I’m me?

mandara k
    Participant

You got it Ace!!!! That’s it!!! We are our own worst enemies when we should be our own best friends. Mandara K

You got to fight…. for your right…. to PARTY!!!!!! -Beastie Boys

mandara k
    Participant

Oh, and by the bye FX; I personally never give to get; I give because it is as natural as breathing to me.
    It is hard to understand for some people; but I have always been this way even as a small child. If other people see my generous nature as something else; that is their issue.

” I’ll bet you’re wondering when the next pay-back shoe will eventually will drop… I’ll bet you’re wondering when my conditional police will force you to cough up…..”This is the only kind of love that I understand that there really is”— Alanis Morrisette

theFrey
    Participant

Sorry ’bout that FX. hehe.

FX did have to help a bit on those though. I only took two suitcases with me, and only one had clothes in it, and it wasn’t the bigger one either!

Of course that is normally how I travel. Once case for me, one case for hostess gifty stuff. Comes in handy though, I always have an empty suit case for bringing home souvenirs.

Thank god I am not a slave to fashion, two cases and a carryon for my books and purse are about as much as I can keep track of when traveling.

mandara k
    Participant

Helloooooooooo out there!!!!

This morning on my way to work I saw a couple of bumper stickers that were funny; have you seen them? One of them was “Back off, I’m a Goddess” and the other one was “My Karma Just Ran Over your Dogma”. I thought they were pretty funny.

Anyway, I’m sorry for the mix-up; those inside jokes I can never get.
    About the luggage, yeah why is it women seem to pack 3 bags and men get by with a little bag. May be it’s because they can live in the same clothes for weeks until you tell them that their socks will have a half-life of 500,000 years if you don’t wash them soon. You want to put on those CDC protective suits to handle them.
    My friend is a shoe girl; one bag for shoes; I’m like saying “Okay, Imelda; but I’m not carrying the suitcases.

I cannot access your UNCon page nor can I reply Frey oh Frey and only Frey; so how can my ressies be made or find the answer to my soul-searching questions. Could you find me a no. to those places in need to call to book a room.
    Well, I guess if all else fails we can camp on the beach. I’m possibly dragging a friend with me and we discussed camping; but trying to do your make-up by the light of a bug lamp; I don’t know.

Got to fly now; “flying high now”

Have a good day!!!!!!
    Mandara K

theFrey
    Participant

hummm, perhaps you have an old url? Headge changed his file names a few times.

Any how

UnCon Halifax Canada – http://www.thefrey.com/uncon/main.htm

UsCon Lexx Vegas – http://www.thefrey.com/UsConLexxVegas.htm

Enjoy.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    Oh, and by the bye FX; I personally never give to get; I give because it is as natural as breathing to me.

i don’t doubt it sweetie, i have seen it here in your posts i’m not sure where i implied otherwise, but if so i am sorry for the misunderstanding…i tease frey about bribes only because she had blackie and me running around clutching little gift wrapped jalapeno thingies for her to dole out…except we could never find her as she was too busy meeting and greeting

mandara k
    Participant

Sorry guys, no go this #$%^& comp won’t let me do &*%^^& anything. Out the window it goes!!!(And you thought I wasn’t violent) Yeah, well, I’ll have to improvise I suppose. Call and ask for info?

Well, I could sleep under a bridge; hell if I drink enough I’ll crawl under a table to sleep (I’ve done it before)It’s that fine line of being mellow and being smashed. If you see someone under the table there please make sure I wake up before everyone leaves so I don’t wake up not knowing where I am. Well, I guess I actually won’t know where I am anyway.
    Help a sista’ will ya please? I just need to know a few basics;

theFrey
    Participant

hummm, if you can get in here, you should be able to get in there. email me, and let me know which con you are interested in and what you want to know.

[email protected]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.