your favourite character

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Red Dwarf your favourite character

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cheesetoasty
    Participant

Who is your favourite character, and why?

cheesetoasty
    Participant

Personally i love the whole freedom of live that Lister has, no commitments and the ability to go where ever you want (except earth) , and do what ever you want.
    But i have to say my favourite is Kryten, right from his humble beginnings, through his years of tuition by Lister, into the neurotic, pompus, comical mechanoid we see today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s between Mr. Flibble and Ace Rimmer. Mr. Flibble cause he’s such an evil hand puppet. Ace Rimmer because, well, “What a guy!”

theFrey
    Participant

Cat, Cat and only Cat. Roooooowrrrrrrr! I love his stying and his self absorbed satisfaction. 😀 Jules did a very good job of channeling what a domestic house cat might have mutated into. He is affectionate yet selfish. And incredibly honest about it too. Ya just gotta love that. 😀

theFrey
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

It’s between Mr. Flibble and Ace Rimmer. Mr. Flibble cause he’s such an evil hand puppet. Ace Rimmer because, well, “What a guy!”

I do love Ace too. And darned if I can think why. I mean he is a smug know it all, but, but, when he calls Lister Skippy he is just so darn likable.

cheesetoasty
    Participant

.l just editing out my double post, oooops 🙄

cheesetoasty
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Cat, Cat and only Cat. Roooooowrrrrrrr! I love his stying and his self absorbed satisfaction. 😀 Jules did a very good job of channeling what a domestic house cat might have mutated into. He is affectionate yet selfish. And incredibly honest about it too. Ya just gotta love that. 😀

I must agree about his personality, it brings to mind “waiting for god” when the blind priest is dying and Cat wants to talk about his feet. 😆

Hollydays
    Participant

cat…..

all because of one line: ” All 6 of my nipples are tingling!”

theFrey
    Participant

With Cat being such a popular part of the cast, I wonder if that ever caused problems with the other people in the show?

Kayo
    Participant

kryters because of the way he sees the world.

“boiled chicken ovulations”

Anonymous

Rimmer because nobody can feel sorry for someone so hateful and yet – we all do!

If you’re in trouble he will save the day,
    He’s brave and he’s fearless come what may,
    Without him the mission would go astray.

He’s Arnold, Arnold Arnold Rimmer,
    Without him life would be much grimmer,
    He’s handsome trim and no-one’s slimmer,
    He will never need a Zima.

More reliable than a garden strimmer,
    He’s never been mistaken for Yule Brinner,
    He’s not bald and his head doesn’t glimmer.

Master of the wit and the repartee,
    His command of space directives is uncanny,
    How come he’s such a genius,
    Don’t ask me.

He’s also a fantastic swimmer,
    And if you play you’re cards right
    He might come round for dinner.

Haha! Wadda blast

The actor (Chris Barrie) is quite superb. He manages to pull off Rimmer and Ace Rimmer seamlessly!

spooookie
    Participant

Rimmer is just the most cringe worthy man in the Universe,a sort of intergalactic Alan Partridge,but his character would not work half as well without Lister Kryton and The cat so im afraid I cant pick a favourite…I can tell you my least favourite though..Kachanski! by a mile

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.