Your Lexx episode

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

Okay, here’s another “what would you do?” topic with a Lexxy hypothetical situation:

Suppose Lexx has been renewed for a fifth season, and the writing staff has selected you, the devoted fan, to write a single episode. No further episodes would be written until everyone has read your script, so whatever changes you make to the characters or story arc is permanent.

What would you do? What would your episode be like? Would your episode be serious? Humorous? Dark? Erotic? A satire? A morality play? Would you follow the usual Lexx formula, or would you do something different (like have a guest character or planet survive the episode)? Would you write an “internalized” episode, or would you make a permanent change that would affect future episodes (like killing off an existing character, or revealing something new about one)? Would you use all new elements, or would you bring back old characters like Prince or Lyekka.

I got this idea partly from Hypatia’s “What would you do” topic, and partly from a dream I had the other night in which I was chosen to write the season finale. You’ll be happy to know I reversed my decision to kill off Kai (though Lyekka wasn’t so fortunate).

Flamegrape
    Participant

too early to say. haven’t seen the final episode. magic eight-ball sez, “ask again later”.

Anonymous

Well, I know I’d have Prince come back. He’s too awesome to be killed off! So, what if there was new character. A teenage girl perhaps, that gets to know Prince and figures him out. Eventually, she’ll either get on his good side or really annoy him. But by the end of the episode (or season if people are willing) she gets killed and Prince discovers he’s developed an attachment to her. But it’s too late and he feels really bad and he finally realizes true pain.
    Kinda vague, yes, but Flamegrape is right. It’s too early to say what will happen in the fourth season.

Princess of Fire

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t think anyone really knows for sure how season four will end. I was working off the assumption that the (hypothetical) fifth season would follow the same formula as seasons one and two.

I thought it would be an interesting topic, at least.

By the way, if my dream was some sort of premonition of things to come, then season five will see the Lexx crew wandering through space looking for good planets. Something will destroy all but one of the Lexx’s moths. Lyekka will return and become a semiregular again, 790 (or some other robot head, I’m not sure) will have a small insect-like body instead of that chariot, Xev’s hair will revert to its season two form, and Stan will act like an idiot. In the spirit of prophecy, I feel an oblogation to tell you these things, in case my dream really was a vision of the future and not a nonsensical amalgamation of elements bouncing around in my head.

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    [qb]Wadda COOL thought!

It’s a great idea Dalek and just what I’ve been waiting for after a similar suggestion from thefrey a couple of weeks ago.

How about I set up a forum to do exactly that? It would be a mini website with discussions on aspects of scripts, archives, chapters – even a gallery so that people could include pictuires in their submissions (oki, I’m getting carried away here )

It could be like the ‘lexx screenplay’, but moderated with html and ubb code (ie. formatting), you could edit your posts to refine the story/script, we can even place pictures in the text to make it more interesting to read. I can create a rules/FAQ at the top of the page and also archive pages that could become chapters…. There are lots of things we can do!

The only problematic aspect to the whole idea, is that it would need a pretty strong moderator, someone who has a total brass neck (possibly DalekTek790 or Aleck or both )

So, waddaya think? Is it a goer? and who would volunteer to moderate? – a word of warning; a moderators life requires dedication but is also quite reqarding (depending on how thick your skin is ).

[ 15-12-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

DalekTek and Aleck? They’d be at each others throats….

Actually it’s a cool idea Saddy.

DaleckTek: Stan? Act like an idiot? What are you talking about?!

I actually liked Xev’s hair in S2 best.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :

I really like Xev’s hair in season 3. When I first saw Lexx during season 2, I thought she was some sort of cheap imitation of Leeloo from The Fifth Element. But when she woke up from cryosleep with all that ice and frost on her…. ooooo! Sugar-frosted Xev!

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Wadda COOL thought!

It’s a great idea Dalek and just what I’ve been waiting for after a similar suggestion from thefrey a couple of weeks ago.

How about I set up a forum to do exactly that? It would be a mini website with discussions on aspects of scripts, archives, chapters

You don’t have to go nuts. This was just an idea for a topic. I got to thinking what kind of episode I would write (while awake) if I was hired as a scriptwriter. Then I wondered what other fans would do if given that opportunity. I doubt it could generate enough interest to justify a whole forum.

But really, I am curious as to what others here would do if given the God-like power of creating an episode in the Lexx universe, and would appreciate responses. I like to get inside the heads of other fans…okay, that sounded creepy, but you know what I mean.

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:

Oh, and Lyekka’s hair was pink. It was a weird dream.

[ 17-12-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    You don’t have to go nuts. This was just an idea for a topic. I got to thinking what kind of episode I would write (while awake) if I was hired as a scriptwriter. Then I wondered what other fans would do if given that opportunity. I doubt it could generate enough interest to justify a whole forum.

I agree. Good topic, but not so good for a separate forum.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    too early to say. haven’t seen the final episode.

Well, now the fourth season’s over. What do you think?

Anonymous

The 4th season’s over in America?
    Damnit, you lot see all the sci-fi stuff first.
    Well, nearly, Yo Way Yo’s on this Thursday.

lizard
    Participant

Here’s an idea that will get you 4000 years more of plot time. The crew, except for 790 and sometimes Kai, was is cryo sleep for 4000 years between series 2 and 3. Now, who is to say that they were really out of it the whole time? Clearly something dramatic happened to them, how else did they end up in some afterlife on fire and water? Maybe they just cant remember the time between when they went into cryo-sleep and “woke up” on fire and water. 790 would remember but he is not telling. A whole new series could have taken place during that 4000 years, ending with some cataclysmic event that sends them to fire and water, with some kind of “newborn” amnesia.

Dudelove76
    Participant

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!, ok here’s whats kinda happen!, the whole gang are on the ship and then 790 starts screaming at everyone “come quick, come quick there’s a new planet wheee!” the all see what it is and its called the love planet ruled by Dude Love, Xev is very interested in seeing the planet cause she likes to make love with hipsters, Stans slighty interested too, Kai dose’nt give a sh!t but he goes anyway cause he has nothing better to do. Anyway once on the Love Planet Xev is greated by Dude Love “OWE! welcome to my planet daddy-o!!” then all of a sudden millions of naked women start running around, so Stan is very happy. but Xev is slightly frustrated cuz there are no men for her, but da Dude solves that offcurse, with just a wink of the eye, the Dude gives Xev a huge orgasam, Xev is very impressed and the both go at it!. Kai notices a T.V screen and watches old eposodes of Seinfeild. So the all live happily ever after!, THE END!

Hammertoe
    Participant

I would like to see Kai kill everyone. He gets woken up the wrong way or he blows a fuse or whatever and he just goes nuts. He cuts Stan’s head off and impale’s Xev on a sharp pole and crushes 790. Then he heads to a heavily populated planet and the carnage ensues. He’s unstoppable and really pissed and craves blood and pain and slaughter. Kill them Kai, kill them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudelove76
    Participant

The already did an eposode like that!!, I forget what its called but I remember something gose wrong with Kai and he kills all these guests on the Lexx and nearly kills Stan and Zev

nursewhen
    Participant

Wake the dead.

Dudelove76
    Participant

yeh thats it.

Hammertoe
    Participant

Yeah that’s right, but he didn’t kill Stan and Xev did he? I don’t want him to run out of protoblood. I want him to F’n kill everything in his path. The End

Dudelove76
    Participant

I would kick him in the Nads if he tried to hurt my Xenia

streudel
    Participant

He wears a “bionic” cup, known to us Lexx fans as a codpiece. You’d need a blow torch or a crowbar to kick him in the nads. And if you did manage that one, he’d be non-functional as soon as you removed it, so he wouldn’t feel it anyway. That, and if you could remove his codpiece, you’d have to kick Xev out your way before you could kick him. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Kicking Kai in the nads.:lol: You’re silly…hee hee! ๐Ÿ˜›

theFrey
    Participant

This would of course be assuming that you were not Twacked through the heart as soon as you attempted such an anti-social act.

streudel
    Participant

Not only anti-social, Frey, but downright ” girly “. What self-respecting man kicks another man there? It’s bad form, I tell you. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I say he should stand up and take his Twacking like a man…er…dude? I understand the folks at the MedSat facilities are brilliant with repairing pulverized hearts. ๐Ÿ˜›

Dudelove76
    Participant

oh great now your insulting my manhood!, up against a dead guy with a brace weapon thingy what whould you do, acturally I have a better idea I’ll just say “Hey look His Devine Shadow is behind you” Kai will look behind him meanwhile I’ll grab Xev we’ll go into a moth and fly away and Kai is still looking behind him saying “where I don’t see him”

streudel
    Participant

I’m not saying I have a better idea, but kicking a Divine Assassin in possibly the most heavily armored portion of his anatomy seems like a bit of a fool’s errand.

The “look behind you” gambit seems far more plausible. Bravo for giving it some additional thought, and for replying in a Lexx like fashion.

O.K. it’s brutal honesty time. Dude, you are a hair’s breadth away from getting banned here. The mods are being extremely tolerant, though I’m sure you don’t see it that way. When they see the occasional spark of hope, like you just displayed with your last inventive post, they try to cut you some slack. But they won’t tolerate rude behavior forever.

So here’s the deal. Nursewhen and I would like to help you out, if you’re game. I know you’re probably saying to yourself, ” Yeah, right.” but hear me out. Our guess is you’re very young, and you could use the guidance of a couple of seasoned smart-alecks to see you through your formative stages.

As you may have noticed, Nursey and I are both smart-arses, and we love to roleplay, as you do. The difference is we’ve learned how to do it without offending everyone and getting banned. Sure, there are always going to be some people you offend with your humor, but if you do it right, the majority will laugh, and you won’t get banned.

Nursewhen is a very polite person. You could learn a great deal about how to respectfully disagree with another person from her. Or how to use humor to make your point. She is a master of the witty comeback. Indeed, you must be learning something, because I found the thought of Kai going, ” Where did they go, George? ” very funny. After all, Kai does say the Dead are easily fooled. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Which brings me to my part in your poster re-education program. I intend to a) school you in the joys of discussing Lexx b) teach you how to insult Kai properly.

a) The joys of the discussion of Lexx. After dealing with you on two different boards, I do finally believe you watch Lexx. This is very crucial to being able to subtly work your devotion to Xenia into a conversation. Every Lexxian expects threads to dissolve into drools at times. I am likely to be the Lexxian most guilty of doing this. You will note others can even anticipate the point at which I’ll likely show up to turn a thread into a Kai drool. I believe I am tolerated because a) Lexxians are a very open-minded, forgiving bunch b) I do try to let others have a serious conversation before I hijack their thread c) I do try to participate in a serious manner…occasionally. Long story short, start off with discussing plot points and characters, then move on to pouty lips and nice butts.

b) The proper Kai mocking technique. First of all, this part of the lesson will have homework, but don’t worry, it’s just reading. ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://www.thefrey.com

This is Hanging with Michael McManus and the Frey, the home of the Kai Komic Kaptions Kontest, your Bible for mocking Kai. You might be surprised to find as you peruse it’s pages that a LOT of the submissions are from none other than Kai droolers themselves. Kai droolers do have a sense of humor ( most of them, anyway ). They won’t take offense if you make fun in a not so mean spirited way. Or in a little more refined way. Kicking someone in the crotch is the kind of humor that only a Matt Groening of the Simpsons can pull off effectively.

Kai is a wealth of comedic material. But I would suggest starting off slow. Learn when to interject The Dead Do Not references. Those are non-offensive, and if they bomb, the worst you get is a groan.

Next, we move on to The Bun. This can be comedy gold if you use it right. Definitely refer to the Frey’s site before you attempt this. The key is to be sure to insult the wig, not Kai’s masculinity. I can’t stress this heavily enough. You can call it roadkill, you can call it a rabid weasel, just don’t call it gay. This is an advanced maneuver, and usually only Kai droolers can get away with it. Plus, the joke is usually a little more involved than just saying, ” Man, that wig’s really gay! ”

I would say the black hook rug get up is probably a safer step for you than the wig. The Live Kai get up will be last semester work, so put it out your mind for now. Ditto for the codpiece. It’s going to be your final exam. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Next lesson: How to maintain an online persona with out becoming bi-polar, and how to defend your favorite character without getting yourself banned.

TrimKlip
    Participant

Sorry to interrupt the lesson, but I’m starting to feel anxiety like I had in college worrying about homework and exams.

I can appreciate more experienced sadgeezers have a certain way of posting thoughts and so forth, but why the lessons? Can’t individuals post what they want to post without being criticized? I always thought this site was a place for people to relax and discuss things, not conform and learn the rules and be witty or else.

Once again, I know the seasoned members here have their way and I’m not disputing that, but do I or anyone else need to take notes and study the proper way to post?

theFrey
    Participant
    TrimKlip wrote:

Sorry to interrupt the lesson, but I’m starting to feel anxiety like I had in college worrying about homework and exams.

I can appreciate more experienced sadgeezers have a certain way of posting thoughts and so forth, but why the lessons? Can’t individuals post what they want to post without being criticized? I always thought this site was a place for people to relax and discuss things, not conform and learn the rules and be witty or else.

Once again, I know the seasoned members here have their way and I’m not disputing that, but do I or anyone else need to take notes and study the proper way to post?

She was using H U M O U R to make a point about the right and wrong way to annoy people. Do it right, you reap praise as a witty fun kinda guy…. do it wrong, you annoy the crap out of so many people you get your hiney banned. Or at least severely edited and selectively deleted.

Now, please don’t misunderstand, though I fear some will. You can post without following the lesson plan. However Posting annoying, spammy, no value added stuff with out humour, will get you a bad rep and…. sometimes unfortunately banned for bing a troll.

Of course if you want to post thoughtful comments of wide interest, or stuff that is insightfully clever you don’t need any lessons. ๐Ÿ˜€

streudel
    Participant

Thanks, Frey ๐Ÿ˜€

I would’ve taken 6 pages to explain myself. ๐Ÿ˜†

I never stopped to think someone might actually take me seriously. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Or read that entire post. ๐Ÿ˜† Sorry if I had you going there, TrimKlip. There’s alot of history behind that post.

But I do hope Dudelove takes me seriously. I’d like to see him stick around and have fun with the rest of us. This is a great place if he’d give it a chance. ๐Ÿ˜€

Dudelove76
    Participant

ACK too many words!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ , I’m not going to read all that, do we really need an instruction manual to post, I really don’t know why all the Mods are so pissed at me, I’m just being myself, (or it could be jealousy that I’m marrying Xenia), also I don’t know about the spamming, sometimes I just have a urge to sing a KISS song, thats societys fault not mine!, damn society

nursewhen
    Participant
    TrimKlip wrote:

Trimklip, Dudelove is an inch away from a ban. We’re trying to help him.

theFrey
    Participant
    Dudelove76 wrote:

ACK too many words!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ , I’m not going to read all that, do we really need an instruction manual to post, I really don’t know why all the Mods are so pissed at me, I’m just being myself, (or it could be jealousy that I’m marrying Xenia), also I don’t know about the spamming, sometimes I just have a urge to sing a KISS song, thats societys fault not mine!, damn society

Spamming and trollish behavior. Um, you do know about it, because you have been doing it. While their are many flavors of troll, the relentlessly annoying poster who pops up on virtually every thread and blathers nothing coherent or insightful is indeed a troll. And those posts spam the board.

But, I do suspect that you know exactly what you are doing, are impervious to hints or suggestions and that your future spam posts will have the life span of a may fly before they are deleted.

But hey, I could be wrong. Perhaps you will settle down and post here and there as your interest dictates and do so with out all the crap. Of course I could win the lottery this weekend… and frankly, I think the odds of that are better. ๐Ÿ˜€

This is my last communication to you on this topic, since attention is obviously what you crave, and I refuse to reward bad behavior.

Dudelove76
    Participant

huh?……I’m sick of your cruel mind games!!!!, AAAAIIIII!!!!!…..

Anonymous

Too late Frey. I’m afraid I just HAD to give him what he craved ๐Ÿ™‚

(ie. attention from the ban admin menu)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.