Zev or Xev

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

So, I’m mostly a lurker here, but I just had to get a second opinion on this … ok, so last night, I was watching Eating Pattern on SciFi and I realized that it seemed like Kai and Zev had chemistry from the moment they met — and he seemed to really love her (I mean, there were subtle signs), but he never seemed to warm up to Xev in quite the same way. Anyone else agree? Any thoughts on this matter?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    So, I’m mostly a lurker here, but I just had to get a second opinion on this … ok, so last night, I was watching Eating Pattern on SciFi and I realized that it seemed like Kai and Zev had chemistry from the moment they met — and he seemed to really love her (I mean, there were subtle signs), but he never seemed to warm up to Xev in quite the same way. Anyone else agree? Any thoughts on this matter?

I think that this is mostly due to character changes in the concept of Kai between the first and second seasons. I’ve noticed that in the first 4 films, Kai is a bit more emotional (for lack of a better term) in general than in the subsequent seasons. It’s almost as if McManus had a completely different approach in playing him in the films. If you look at his approach to, and treatment of, Zev in the first 2 episodes of Season 2 (“Mantrid” and “Terminal”), it’s similar to the way he treats Xev in the following eps. In the first 4 films, he’s quite a bit more intense about everything (and his acting is similar to the way he portrayed “posessed Kai” in “Mantrid”). In Season 2, he’s *much* more detatched and impersonal. In Seasons 3-4, he seems to be easily annoyed, for some reason. That’s just my take on it.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Hmm, I think that the unemotional Kai is more what McManus wanted, and he got that in 2-4, but didn’t have the clout in the movies. He is more emotional in the movies and Terminal. But he looks about as happy as the dead can be when Xev comes back in Lykyya.

Anonymous

Yes, I agree that there was a definite shift in how the character of Kai was portrayed. I personally rather liked the more emotional Kai, but then again, all the deadpan “The dead do not…” comments are pretty funny.

I know that McManus has described the character as being almost autistic, which fits with his portrayal of the detached, unemotional Kai.

Anonymous

It’s just my own preference, but I liked Eva Haberman in the first four movies immensely, she had a warmth and her obvious love for Kai was not diluted yet.

I know the differences in Kai’s behaviour between the first and second series had alot to do with the new season, it was always my contention that the ending of the last movie was supposed to be the springboard from which Kai realizes his emotions have actually returned to him, much to his amazement and confusion. The ‘blacking’ of his eyes to set it up for the next season, (I beleive) was an afterthought, and that Kai’s last expression of wonder and happiness was how it originally was supposed to be played. But since I don’t have the opportunity to ask MM if that’s the way he intended on playing it, I’ll just have to go by gut instinct. As for the difference between Zev and Xev, I believe Xenia is a much lustier addtion, but I thought Eva more beautiful. And the electricity between her and Kai when they meet on the ship for the first time was quite evident, it powered the relationship quite nicely. MM said himself that the last movie was his favorite, because it brought to completion the emotional relationship between them.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Anya82:

I have to say I quite disagree. I have never seen any chemistry between Kai and Zev. However, I do think there was (and still is) chemistry between Zev and Stan.

I believe Zev loves Stan, but lusts after Kai. I have a long speculation on this in another post. But my main point is Zev has, on several occasions in all seasons, shown that she loves Stan more than she is willing to admit. Her and Kai are just incompatible. I don’t think Kai, under any circumstances short of being infected with a brain parasite, could ever really be interested in Zev.

[ 16-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

Although ‘the dead do not feel attraction’, I think the kiss at the end of Gigashadow (In the eloquent words of Sadgeezer, ‘I think they used tounges’) shows some attraction….

As for Stan, bleck! bleck! Zevie was hungry for human brains, that’s all. She dosen’t love him ‘cept as a friend.

A kiss on the hand is, so continental but dead guys are a girls best friend…

…and what’s with the ‘farewell Zev, my…’ business then?
    ‘Farewell Zev my hair is nicer than yours so nyah’?

‘farewell Zev my videos are 2008 years overdue could you please take them back?’

[ 17-11-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Anonymous

I think that Eva Habermann was absolutely beautiful in the first four movies…her skin was positively luminous on screen and I, too, felt that Kai definately had a connection with her…he seemed to defer to her wish to keep him alive when she said “then someone has to be motivated for you”. I don’t see that same connection with Xev, I think with her Kai is very distant and has a “take her or leave her” attitude.
    Eva also has, I feel, more of an innocent, vunerable characteristic and Xev is bolder and can take care of herself. (most times)

Anonymous

Also, I remember reading in an interview with Eva that she said there was a kissing scene she was actually looking forward to…I wonder if it was the one with MM or maybe Barry Bostwick. Who else did she kiss, I can’t remember?

Anonymous

i care very deeply for some of my male friends i’m not attracted to, but that doesn’t mean i’m fooling myself into thinking i don’t *love* them. ;oP i think the beans write zev/ xev that way towards stan. of course she cares about him, it doesn’t mean she’s in love with him.

i think that she does love kai, though… not just because he’s beautiful outside — but because he is good and noble on the inside, too when he’s not controlled by HDS. the ONLY difference between a boy friend and a male friend is one you’re inspired to have sex with — the other you’re not.

if zev/ xev was the female equvilent of stan’s attractiveness… i don’t think people would question stan’s attraction to her as a *friend only*, since stan is known to be pickier than xev!

think of those nasty slobs in texx lexx… xev was going to *do* them and most of them were waaaay yuckier than stan. ;oP stan was going to do that nasty chick in luvliner, but he complained first. with the exception of stan, xev doesn’t usually turn ANYONE down that i’ve seen!!!

if i became your friend DT, and gave you a pat on the back for support or friendship, it doesn’t mean i have the hots for ya. not to mention… the beans -who are silly drunk guys imho lol- are writing the scripts, and i don’t think they are continuity experts. aside from what the actors bring to the roles, what they’ve brought to the characters have left me scratching my head more than once because i find the characters doing “out of character” things for them from time to time.

even *I’D* go out with stan before i’d touch the magic baby, dude, LoL And Stan repulses me, ugh. I’ve come to like the Stan character more than ANY other character I’ve started out disliking so much — he prolly had the same affect on zev/ xev. But liking the character isn’t the same as feeling something *sexual* for him… trust me.

edit: cut link out because it was broken.

[ 16-11-2001: Message edited by: elfie ]

Anonymous

i’m going to say… that i think kai and zev had more chemistry than he and xev does. but, i’m not going to go into all the possible reasons for that change — just that IMHO he does. i thought zev was prettier -and you are right, her skin was flawless!!!- but i like xenia, too, but for different reasons.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    (Say, do any H.T.M.L. gurus know how to shrink images so they don’t screw up the width of the display thingie?)

Obtain an image processing program like Adobe Photoshop. Since it costs at least $400 and I’m not going to give you my copy, I recommend finding a shareware paint program that can load and save JPEG, BMP, and GIF file formants.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Obtain an image processing program like Adobe Photoshop. Since it costs at least $400 and I’m not going to give you my copy, I recommend finding a shareware paint program that can load and save JPEG, BMP, and GIF file formants.

Or, alternately, don’t post images that are the size of your monitor screen. Not only does it screw up the display of the page, the file size could contribute to the problems we’ve had with the board, in making the pages take significantly longer to load.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Or, alternately, don’t post images that are the size of your monitor screen. Not only does it screw up the display of the page, the file size could contribute to the problems we’ve had with the board, in making the pages take significantly longer to load.

I wasn’t going to give any technical advice to Lee but if the stability of the bboard is at stake…

Don’t use images that are more than 25 kilobytes in size. The width of the image should not be more than 320 pixels. The smaller, the better. Look at other images that other people have posted on the bboard and examine them with a shareware paint program.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I have a personal question for you, Flame. Where did you get that image? Did you make it yourself. If so, can I find it (and other digital art you’ve done) online?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

I have a personal question for you, Flame. Where did you get that image? Did you make it yourself. If so, can I find it (and other digital art you’ve done) online?

I made the image myself using a 3d animation program called SoftImage while in art school. I’m rebuilding a better version of the character in 3d Studio Max and/or Poser.

Flamegrape has been a project that’s been on the back-burner for a while now. I want to use the character as the mascot of my website. Or better yet, as the main character of a videogame. She’s loosely inspired by a number of other charaters: Artemis, Sil (from Species), the android from Metropolis, that female robot from Frank Miller’s Hard Boiled, Abby Dalton in Viking Women vs The Sea Serpent, Jellybean from Even Cowgirls Get The Blues (or maybe she’s more like the Chink– “Ha ha ho ho hee hee”), Xev (not Zev– get it straight, Lee), Lara Croft, not Xena, Sandy Bullock as Gracie-Lou Freebush in Miss Congeniality, Barbara Eden from I Dream of Genie, Catherine Schell as Maya of Psychon on Space:1999, Patricia Tallman as Lyta Alexander on Babylon 5, Sioxie Sioux, Pris from Blade Runner…. you might get the idea by now.

Once I complete the new version of the character model, I’ll have images available for download. That might be next year at the rate I’m going. The first version I made could not talk, have facial expressions (other than blink), or have poseable hands. The new one will.

On a final note, the face of Flamegrapae is actually the face of a girl I knew in art school. To prove that one doesn’t need expensive laser scanning equipment to make an acurate 3d model of a person’s face, I replicated this girl’s face by having her model for me and I simply used a makeup pencil and photography. Unfortunately, that girl was killed in the ValueJet plane crash in 1996 a week before she and I graduated. This computer-generated model is all I have left of her. Flamegrape will always remain in existence as long as I live.

(And yes, she saw my work before she died and thought it was really cool! And if anyone starts singing My Heart Will Go On, I will beat you with a clown hammer.)

[ 17-11-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Maybe Zev does have some feelings for Kai beyond hollow lust, but there’s no way Kai can return those feelings. Their relationship has no future.

I personally don’t quite understand why she keeps rejecting Stan but tries to get laid by all the riff-raff she comes upon (Junior Gollean, Rexxel, Brother Stack, I could go on and on). I mean, aside from poor Stan she only draws the line at Brizon!

My personal theory is that she just wants a really short relationship to satisfy her physically, and then move on (after the guy gets killed, with the way things go on the Lexx). She doesn’t just give in to Stan because he’s her captain, he’s going to be travelling with her indefinitely. That liaison would lead to a long-term relationship, and she doesn’t want that. Something about her lusticon-warped mind prevents her from wanting to commit.

But if you just watch closely (especially in the second season) she is clearly in love with Stan, she’s just trying to suppress/hide those feelings because of her fear as to what would happen with her relationship with Stan if it were to be made non-platonic, and because of her love slave guilt toward being attracted to a less-than-charismatic man.

I think that’s what the writers have in mind, and I think Stan and Zev will end up together in the end.

I was going to say something about my thoughts on the difference in character between the different Zevs, but I went so far on that I think I’ll save the other thought for another post.

One more thing: Flamegrape-What is the U.R.L. for your website?

DalekTek790
    Participant

Okay, just one more thing that I forgot. About this semantic theory of Zev/Xev: I’m not saying whether it is true or false, but before I believe it I’ll have to see some evidence. Is there anything in writing?

Anonymous

I thought Brother Stack was kinda cute…

And she does ignore some of the White Trash in White Trash.

DaleckTek: You forget that she escaped the mental part of the loveslave transformation “They did not get to my mind”. She’s capable of free choice.

But being raised by holograms and being rejected so young, her relationships with other people are different.

I really don’t see romantic love, he’s her friend and she’ll do almost anything for a friend.
    Besides, who would know better than Prince that she loves Kai?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Okay, just one more thing that I forgot. About this semantic theory of Zev/Xev: I’m not saying whether it is true or false, but before I believe it I’ll have to see some evidence. Is there anything in writing?

1. The booklet with soundtrack CD names her as Xev.

2. All of the season 2 DVDs have Xev written on the cover.

3. All of the credits at the end of every episode of season 2, 3, and 4 lists Xev.

4. Paul Donovan refers to her as Xev.

5. Lex Gigeroff refers to her as Xev.

6. Jeffrey Hirschfield refers to her as Xev.

7. SadGeezer.Com referes to her as Xev.

8. Everyone on the SciFi.Com bboard refers to her as Xev.

9. Everyone (except for you) on the SadGeezer.Com bboard refers to her as Xev.

10. And oh yeah, I almost forgot. Xenia Seeberg, the actress who plays the part of Xev, refers to her as Xev.

[Initiating sarcasm mode…] But no, I think you are absolutely right and everyone else is wrong. The character’s name written as “Xev” is a misprint everywhere and in actuality it should be written as “Zev”. A CD, DVD, VHS recall campaign is in order and all of the season 2, 3, and 4 episodes have to be re-mastered before they can be shown on television ever again. [Deactivating sarcasm mode.]

Anonymous

quote:

Actually, yes, there IS proof. On the box for Season 2 Volume 1 the cast listing is given. It says specifically:

Starring
    Michael McManus as Kai
    Xenia Seeberg as Xev
    Brian Downey as Stanley Tweedle
    Jeffrey Hirschfield as 790
    Eva Habermann as Zev

So, there ya go. In writing that Xenia played Xev while Eva played Zev.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

One more thing: Flamegrape-What is the U.R.L. for your website?

I’ll give you ONE guess.

(HINT: Only a complete and utter gimboid would fail to guess what it is. It starts with an http://www. and it ends with a .com.) LOL!

Anonymous

quote:

…And in addition to the evidence cited by other posters, before you can claim that I just made this up when I had my mitts on the package design templates for the US video releases, the spelling of Xev’s name with an X (when referring to Xenia’s portrayal) comes from the internal documents we at Acorn received from Salter Street Productions. For an example of Salter Street’s spelling of the name, look here:

Salter Street Press Release

Thank you, drive through.

–Aleck

Anonymous

DT, as a Lexx fan, I’m terribly surprised to find that you’ve discussed so much of this series and still refuse to acknowledge the difference between the two different characters, Zev and Xev. I’t’s not some big conspiracy to ‘fool’ you into beleiving something false.

Eva Haberman played the original character Zev Bellringer, from B3K. She did get a body makeover and an increased libido drive, however, she didn’t get the programming, that went to 790. In the second season, Terminal, Zev dies trying to save Stan and Kai from destruction by the evil doctors on the med station. In real life, Eva Haberman’s other film work prevented her from continuing the character, because the series kept getting postponed time and time again, and she took up other options for her career. When the Lyekka episode ran, the producters, etc, had picked out Xenia Seeberg to continue in “essence” the character, but changed the name to Xev to avoid confusion on the two different actresses. You don’t have to take my word for it, it’s in several interviews and magazine articles written at the time.

You’ve stated in many posts that there are alot of episodes that you haven’t yet seen. Perhpaps someone could obtain them for you, and by watching them all in sequence, you’d get a better idea of the development of the character of Zev/Xev. And Xev is not IN LOVE with Stanley, she finds him physically unappealing, she would prefer to have Kai if he were alive, but is not. She may care for Stan in a familial type of way, but if you watch anything at all, you’d notice she does everything she can to avoid being caught in his clutches. We all know Kai can’t return her love, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t still feel love for him, it has nothing to do with Kai..just Xev.

Until then, why can’t you just take everyone else’s word for it, or are we all just “imagining” things…?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    Eva Haberman played the original character Zev Bellringer, from B3K.

good recap of the early days of lexx…however, dt is not the only peep here, nor the only person in general, who mistakes familial/friendly intentions for ‘something more’ .
    on the topic at hand; mm said in chat that ‘xev used to love kai, now it’s just habit’…thought that was a good summation as well, and an excellent observation for life and love in general
    but perhaps i am just cynical

DalekTek790
    Participant

Like I said, I wasn’t going to say whether it was true or false. I need evidence before I am going to believe that a claim is true to a great degree of certainty. Now I’ve been provided with evidence. I did not have sufficient data to determine the veracity of that claim. There is no dialog or in-episode visible writing to confirm the spelling. And why did they change the spelling but not the name, anyway? That just confuses everybody.

I didn’t say I haven’t seen a lot of episodes, I said I haven’t seen 4. There have been 47 episodes of Lexx aired on the Sci-Fi channel in the United States. 43 out of 47 isn’t bad, and I’ve seen all the movies/season 1 episodes and all the season 2 episodes. Besides, I know about the major events in the episodes I haven’t seen yet. I have been following Lexx closely since January 7 of 2000, I know pretty much everything about the onscreen events.

Now, about the lusticon thing, she didn’t receive the mental programming, but she did acquire certain love slave mental characteristics, such as the increased libido. That is probably from the restructuring of her endocrine system, but her altered hormones have changed her behavior. So my point is certain aspects of her personality were changed by the love slave transformation.

Anonymous

Our wonderful FX stated:

nor the only person in general, who mistakes familial/friendly intentions for ‘something more’

Ay, the perennial mistake of men and women the world over.

Good guess on Xev’s endocrines being altered, DT. I was thinking about that in class, there seem to be certain parts of the brain that controal libido (I’m only just learning this, bear with me), but Zev didn’t get the mental part, so it would have to be hormonal.

And I don’t think there’s much difference between Xev and Zev character wise, Xev is the grown-up Zev.

[ 17-11-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    …however, dt is not the only peep here, nor the only person in general, who mistakes familial/friendly intentions for ‘something more’ .

Yes, in the past I have mistaken friendly intentions for something more (and I’m not talking about a television show, sadly ), but this time I think I’ve hit the nail on the head. Ever since I saw Nook I’ve felt that Xev had a thing for Stan. But she won’t admit it, and she’s playing hard to get. Kai is just a handsome distraction. I can tell these things, like I’d known since the pilot of The X-Files that there was something between Mulder and Scully. The first Lexx file I typed tells me part of the reason she messes around with the unresponsive dead guy is to make Stan jealous. I can’t remember how I came to that conclusion, but I wrote it so it’s probably right.

Okay, “Xev” seems to be nicer and more compassionate than Zev. But that sorta changed in the new episodes when they decided to focus more on her Cluster lizard part (with the silly rolling and brain eating and all ). In season 4 the writers turned her into a bimbo, and she’s still got the mean streak from the third season. I really disagree with the statement that the new Zev is a “weak sex kitten” (that was from an angry former Lexx fan at jumptheshark.com). I’d say, all in all, Xev is better than Zev.

Anonymous

Zev’s every action in the beginning is motivated by her singleminded love for Kai and her desire to keep him “alive.” That pressure is off after the movies and “Mantrid” and as she gains self confidence and Kai continually rebuffs her, she seeks physical satisfaction elsewhere. She doesn’t seek “love” elsewhere because she still loves Kai. She also becomes warmer and more considerate to Stanley, but it’s friendship between them, not love.

Anonymous

I like Eva’s Zev better. The accent was a nice touch.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    Hmm, I think that the unemotional Kai is more what McManus wanted, and he got that in 2-4, but didn’t have the clout in the movies. He is more emotional in the movies and Terminal. But he looks about as happy as the dead can be when Xev comes back in Lykyya.

Yes, I agree. Ya wouldnt really expect a zombie (and isnt that what Kai basicly is?) to have emotions. But, out of the few episodes I have seen, I saw the movie where they go to his home planet & meet poet man (ya all know the name, but I dont), & in that one he seemed more alive than in episodes I haad seen previously (consisting of the episode of Zev[or Xevs?] death) When he said he’d wanna spend the rest of his protoblood hangin with Zev(Xev) if they couldnt find any more, that seemed unusualy caring of him. In episodes I had seen before (including the potatoe planet ppl) it was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Zev(Xev) liked Kai, but It didnt seem like Kai felt anything back. Until, of course, she died, & then he seemed sad & was an even more depressing (& emotionless) charater than usual. After Zev(Xev?)s death, I was very suprised at 970s sudden change (GOD that character drives me crazy). By change, I mean his intrest in Kai (what else?). Anyhoo…..I saw the episode when Sev(Xev) was ressurected, and Kai seemed mutually happy, and lost his “Im dead, and Im the last of my race, and my one true love is now a bowl of yellow goop, & now I’m stuck with a selfish human and a computer head who’s obseesed with me, and I feel depressed” attitude. (at least the “my one true love is now a bowl of yellow goop” part.)
    Thus ends my little say on the matter.

Anonymous

Originally posted by uberfrosch: Zev’s every action in the beginning is motivated by her singleminded love for Kai and her desire to keep him “alive.” That pressure is off after the movies and “Mantrid” and as she gains self confidence and Kai continually rebuffs her, she seeks physical satisfaction elsewhere. She doesn’t seek “love” elsewhere because she still loves Kai. She also becomes warmer and more considerate to Stanley, but it’s friendship between them, not love.

I agree uberfrosch. You’ve summarized Zev/Xev’s character development and attitude towards Kai and Stan perfectly. I would only add that, in my opinion, she not only became warmer to Stan, but warmer in general after the movies.

Anonymous

quote:

Ever since I saw Nook I’ve felt that Xev had a thing for Stan. But she won’t admit it, and she’s playing hard to get. Kai is just a handsome distraction. I can tell these things, like I’d known since the pilot of The X-Files that there was something between Mulder and Scully. The first Lexx file I typed tells me part of the reason she messes around with the unresponsive dead guy is to make Stan jealous. I can’t remember how I came to that conclusion, but I wrote it so it’s probably right.

Well, I suppose we’ll have to wait until the end of the season to know for sure if Stan and Xev ever get together, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest this will occur. Instead, everything we’ve seen thus far indicates that Xev is clearly drawn to Kai regardless of the feasibility of any relationship. A primary example is the scene in “Lafftrak” where she breaks down after recounting the circumstances of her sad life. She admits that it would be logical for her to get together with Stan since he’s the only living man around, but she’s just not sexually attracted to him the way she is to Kai. Other examples of her preference for Kai over Stan include scenes in Lyekka, Twilight and Woz where she regains her form after having been in an altered physical state. In each case her first encounter with Kai the more sensual one – Stan is almost an afterthought. Finally, there are scenes in Boomtown and Gondola where she chooses “living Kai” over all other potential partners, including Stan.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Eva Habermann and Xenia Seeberg each have much to recommend them in the role of Zev/Xev, but I’ve grown much fonder of Xenia, if only because I’ve seen more of her.

I think Stan said it best when he called them a “family”. They all love each other in a vague, kind of unacknowledged way (and yes, I prefer to believe that Kai does feel “something” even if he doesn’t quite realize it). If they didn’t, Xev would have killed Stanley, Stanley would have sabotaged Kai’s cryopod, and any one of them would have tossed 790 off the bridge for good.

I’ve sort of guessed (from spoilers and whatnot) what’s going to happen to Kai at the end of the season, and I can reasonably believe that Stan will continue on in the Lexx universe, but the big question in my mind is: What’s going to happen to Xev?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Jason:
    A primary example is the scene in “Lafftrak” where she breaks down after recounting the circumstances of her sad life. She admits that it would be logical for her to get together with Stan since he’s the only living man around, but she’s just not sexually attracted to him the way she is to Kai.

Yes, she’s sexually attracted to Kai, because of her increased libido. But she’s emotionally attracted to Stan. Sexual attraction isn’t the same as love.

She loves Stan, she’s just in denial.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Yes, she’s sexually attracted to Kai, because of her increased libido. But she’s emotionally attracted to Stan. Sexual attraction isn’t the same as love.

She loves Stan, she’s just in denial.

Curious thought, but I don’t really agree.

But anything’s possible, I suppose. Here in the USA, we’ve only seen as far as Magic Baby and it ended with a touching cliffhanger that sort of relates to this issue. (Is that a spoiler? Wasn’t meant to be!)

Anonymous

I’ve checked out some of Xenia’s modeling pics… She is a very beutiful woman… So versatile… She can be made to look like a lusty sexfiend or the cute innocent “girl next door”… Just puttin’ my two cent in… [email protected]

Anonymous

Ok, well I’m back from THE Thanksgiving from hell, and am delurking just to throw in my two cents.

Wow, I had no idea so many people would comment — it’s shocking, considering my other boards aren’t quite as receptive to my posts. Thanks (beeming smile)…

So I agree with whoever said that Xev is the grown up Zev. And I also feel that Zev loved Kai, whereas Xev has come to a point where she loves him because loving him is habit — something safe, something she is used to (part of her routine). Sadly, I think that mirrors life.

There is a small part of me, however, that feels that Kai did in some way love Zev, but that love died with her. I think he has feelings of friendship and compassion for Xev (afterall, he doesn’t humor her like he does 790 — he is honest with her because he respects her feelings and doesn’t want to give her false hope), but I think whatever romanic feelings may have existed between him and Zev never existed between him and Xev.

Ok, so I’m having difficulty explaining myself because I’m been writing papers ALL day, so I’m gonna rest my eyes and fingers and come back to this when I actually have a brain.

Ciao (as I crawl back into my lurker’s hole)……

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.