Brunnen-what?!?

• This topic has 66 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Over the last two months since watching the first season (sci fi isn’t a big thing in Australia), I came to the conclusion that Brunnen-G was spelt Broonin-Jie. The first part sounding like ruin and the second part being softer, much like the French would pronounce it.
    And ever since finding out the real spelling, I’ve thought, “That can’t be right.”
    If you pronounce it the ‘real’ way, it sounds like Runnin’ Gee, which in all my naive experience sounds like some tragic addition to the endless pop and rap culture.
    I stomped my foot and made clear my defiance.
    “No!” I declared. ” The ‘Broonin-Jie’ are an ancient and noble race of warriors. There is no way I shall sully their name with such base representation”
    With all finally said and done, I was left to ponder one thought. “Am I a sad case?”

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

no sorrier than those of us who find ourselves staring at our monitor at 1:30 in the morning after battling it out with RealPlayer for three hours (the stupid piece of freaking poo…) and then finally giving in only to wander the sadgeezer boards in desperate search of mental stimulation while polluting their lungs and grasping onto their hostess cupcakes for dear life. I think I’ve just declared myself a mental case…

Well, now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I guess I should address the Brunnen-G thing. Where do you get Runnin’ Gee? Very funny translation, tho, I almost gagged on my cupcake.

Now, should I just sleep on the floor or attempt to roll myself into the bedroom? Bleah…

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

no sorrier than those of us who find ourselves staring at our monitor at 1:30 in the morning after battling it out with RealPlayer for three hours (the stupid piece of freaking poo…) and then finally giving in only to wander the sadgeezer boards in desperate search of mental stimulation while polluting their lungs and grasping onto their hostess cupcakes for dear life. I think I’ve just declared myself a mental case…

Well, now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, I guess I should address the Brunnen-G thing. Where do you get Runnin’ Gee? Very funny translation, tho, I almost gagged on my cupcake.

Now, should I just sleep on the floor or attempt to roll myself into the bedroom? Bleah…

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

crusader
    Participant

Brunnen is a germen (And Swedish) word fore Whell (I dont now how its spelled! Where you get water!!!)! Its pernaounsed like that here!!! Thats way!!!

But way they used that name I dont understand!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Brunnen is a germen (And Swedish) word fore Whell (I dont now how its spelled! Where you get water!!!)! Its pernaounsed like that here!!! Thats way!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

The pronounciation of ‘Brunnen’ changed during the production of IWHS, when MM was filmed singing in the Stinger for the intro, he was mouthing ‘Brunnen’, but when they came to record the singing they decided for a more German pronouciation and it changed to ‘Broonen’ and it annoys MM no end that his lips don’t sync right.

Anonymous

The pronounciation of ‘Brunnen’ changed during the production of IWHS, when MM was filmed singing in the Stinger for the intro, he was mouthing ‘Brunnen’, but when they came to record the singing they decided for a more German pronouciation and it changed to ‘Broonen’ and it annoys MM no end that his lips don’t sync right.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by tempCat:

LMAO! Where on earth did you find that out? I think that’s just too funny. Thank you for brightening up my day

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by tempCat:

LMAO! Where on earth did you find that out? I think that’s just too funny. Thank you for brightening up my day

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

DalekTek790
    Participant

C. Brate-That’s eerie, when I was describing Lexx, to someone and I said “Brunnen-G” they said “Running G.? That’s a cool name!”

It’s spelled realistically, just pronounced like Brúnnen or Brünnen. Sounds sort o’ like Gaelic.

What I wonder is where the “G” comes from? Are the seventh Brunnen race, like Brunnen-A, B, etc.?

——————

Vaiyo a oh;
    Vaiyo a oh, home vaah ray;

Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G.
    Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G;

DalekTek790
    Participant

C. Brate-That’s eerie, when I was describing Lexx, to someone and I said “Brunnen-G” they said “Running G.? That’s a cool name!”

It’s spelled realistically, just pronounced like Brúnnen or Brünnen. Sounds sort o’ like Gaelic.

What I wonder is where the “G” comes from? Are the seventh Brunnen race, like Brunnen-A, B, etc.?

——————

Vaiyo a oh;

Anonymous

Originally posted by elfkin:
    no sorrier than those of us who find ourselves staring at our monitor at 1:30 in the morning after battling it out with RealPlayer for three hours (the stupid piece of freaking poo…) and then finally giving in only to wander the sadgeezer boards in desperate search of mental stimulation while polluting their lungs and grasping onto their hostess cupcakes for dear life

hostess cupcakes!!!with cigarettes!!! personally i find twinkies more compatible with white wine and merits! but you had me giggling in recognition all the same, and i second your renaming of realplayer, half the time whatever i download looks like peasoup and drones dialogue completely out of sync!hateful just hateful

Anonymous

no sorrier than those of us who find ourselves staring at our monitor at 1:30 in the morning after battling it out with RealPlayer for three hours (the stupid piece of freaking poo…) and then finally giving in only to wander the sadgeezer boards in desperate search of mental stimulation while polluting their lungs and grasping onto their hostess cupcakes for dear life

hostess cupcakes!!!with cigarettes!!! personally i find twinkies more compatible with white wine and merits! but you had me giggling in recognition all the same, and i second your renaming of realplayer, half the time whatever i download looks like peasoup and drones dialogue completely out of sync!hateful just hateful

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    hostess cupcakes!!!with cigarettes!!! personally i find twinkies more compatible with white wine and merits! but you had me giggling in recognition all the same, and i second your renaming of realplayer, half the time whatever i download looks like peasoup and drones dialogue completely out of sync!hateful just hateful[/B]

Hostess cupcakes with Sprite and Marlboro Lights… chocolate and nicotine are the only reasons I’ve survived college at all. The RealPlayer thing I’m still upset about. The only reason I dwled the new version was so that I could listen to radionothing from nothing records (Trent Reznor’s, of NiN, record label). Come to find out, the site they go through for the radio broadcasts, Live365, doesn’t support RealPlayer for MACs. I’m not about to pay to dwl another player, so bleah. It also will no longer let me listen to my favorite radio program, Big Sonic Heaven, anymore. Seems to me, the newer the version, the more it bites. The only thing I could get to work was NPR. Bleah… sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    hostess cupcakes!!!with cigarettes!!! personally i find twinkies more compatible with white wine and merits! but you had me giggling in recognition all the same, and i second your renaming of realplayer, half the time whatever i download looks like peasoup and drones dialogue completely out of sync!hateful just hateful[/B]

Hostess cupcakes with Sprite and Marlboro Lights… chocolate and nicotine are the only reasons I’ve survived college at all. The RealPlayer thing I’m still upset about. The only reason I dwled the new version was so that I could listen to radionothing from nothing records (Trent Reznor’s, of NiN, record label). Come to find out, the site they go through for the radio broadcasts, Live365, doesn’t support RealPlayer for MACs. I’m not about to pay to dwl another player, so bleah. It also will no longer let me listen to my favorite radio program, Big Sonic Heaven, anymore. Seems to me, the newer the version, the more it bites. The only thing I could get to work was NPR. Bleah… sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

Forgive, once again my naivety, but I had to share something I consider a cause of much mirth. I was puzzled at first but I’ve the feeling that ‘Hostess’ must be some kind of bakery. My initial thought upon reading the reply was that you’d almost fallen out of your chair and grabbed your hostess (whoever that may be). Where did you grab her? Her cupcakes!

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

[This message has been edited by CBrate (edited February 08, 2001).]

Anonymous

Forgive, once again my naivety, but I had to share something I consider a cause of much mirth. I was puzzled at first but I’ve the feeling that ‘Hostess’ must be some kind of bakery. My initial thought upon reading the reply was that you’d almost fallen out of your chair and grabbed your hostess (whoever that may be). Where did you grab her? Her cupcakes!

——————

[This message has been edited by CBrate (edited February 08, 2001).]

Bascule
    Participant

Originally posted by crusader:
    Brunnen is a germen (And Swedish) word fore Whell (I dont now how its spelled! Where you get water!!!)!

Careful Crusader, you’ll wear out your Ctrl and 1 keys.

Erm…everyone seems to be talking about Twinkies and cigarettes now, but I’m gonna persevere anyway…

Reason for using the word ‘Brunnen’:
    If it means ‘well’ or ‘spring’ then it could be ‘cos of this: The Brunnen-G are supposed to be one of the oldest and wisest of the human races, coming from a different universe and helping win a war that wasn’t their own, back in the murky depths of pre-history. So meaning Well of Life, or of Knowledge? God knows what the ‘G’ stands for.

And Cat, you said they changed the pronunciation to the German way during the recording of the song, but it *still* sounds like ‘Brunn-en’ not ‘Broon-en’ to me – even in that re-recording they did for S3.

Bascule
    Participant

Originally posted by crusader:
    Brunnen is a germen (And Swedish) word fore Whell (I dont now how its spelled! Where you get water!!!)!

Careful Crusader, you’ll wear out your Ctrl and 1 keys.

Erm…everyone seems to be talking about Twinkies and cigarettes now, but I’m gonna persevere anyway…

Reason for using the word ‘Brunnen’:
    If it means ‘well’ or ‘spring’ then it could be ‘cos of this: The Brunnen-G are supposed to be one of the oldest and wisest of the human races, coming from a different universe and helping win a war that wasn’t their own, back in the murky depths of pre-history. So meaning Well of Life, or of Knowledge? God knows what the ‘G’ stands for.

And Cat, you said they changed the pronunciation to the German way during the recording of the song, but it *still* sounds like ‘Brunn-en’ not ‘Broon-en’ to me – even in that re-recording they did for S3.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:

rofl! Hostess is a commercial brand of baked goods in the US (I’m assuming it’s also through North America, but I dunno how international they are). Hostess Cupcakes = chocolate cupcakes filled with white cream filling. Hostess Twinkies = angelfood cake oblong cakes filled with the same cream.

They sell Susy-Qs and Ding-Dongs, too… various junk food that no gal can be without while staying up late to play with her computer gadgetry…

As for the whole Broon-en, Brunn-en thing… it sounds like Broon-en to me, but I don’t pay all that much attention to it, to be honest. Other opinions?

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:

rofl! Hostess is a commercial brand of baked goods in the US (I’m assuming it’s also through North America, but I dunno how international they are). Hostess Cupcakes = chocolate cupcakes filled with white cream filling. Hostess Twinkies = angelfood cake oblong cakes filled with the same cream.

They sell Susy-Qs and Ding-Dongs, too… various junk food that no gal can be without while staying up late to play with her computer gadgetry…

As for the whole Broon-en, Brunn-en thing… it sounds like Broon-en to me, but I don’t pay all that much attention to it, to be honest. Other opinions?

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

we aren’t big on twinkies in Australia,but i have heard of the hostess brand before.

so what do we eat? Meat pies!

Anonymous

we aren’t big on twinkies in Australia,but i have heard of the hostess brand before.

so what do we eat? Meat pies!

trillian
    Participant

OK, OK, so I’m a sad individual who shouldn’t be allowed to post on a public forum…but here goes anyway!

LMAO, talking of cream filled hostess’ and oblong things then follow it up with ‘meat’ pies. My gutter, filthy mind is having a field day! Stop it already! tehe, and to add to the mirth, cigarettes! *snarf*

ahem, I prefer the Broon-en proununciation.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

OK, OK, so I’m a sad individual who shouldn’t be allowed to post on a public forum…but here goes anyway!

LMAO, talking of cream filled hostess’ and oblong things then follow it up with ‘meat’ pies. My gutter, filthy mind is having a field day! Stop it already! tehe, and to add to the mirth, cigarettes! *snarf*

ahem, I prefer the Broon-en proununciation.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

twinkie, besides being a delectable squishy oblong of cake that squirts out cream when you bite into it, is also slang for a delectable young male…i will proceed no further with this (unless rustam goads me) except to remark that they are both indispensible to young college girls up late at night for whatever reason (i was not usually playing with computers!) as to meat cakes, i am a vegetarian but beef cake can be quite fulfilling too….i don’t have a frelling clue about brunnen-g but i like your ideas

Anonymous

twinkie, besides being a delectable squishy oblong of cake that squirts out cream when you bite into it, is also slang for a delectable young male…i will proceed no further with this (unless rustam goads me) except to remark that they are both indispensible to young college girls up late at night for whatever reason (i was not usually playing with computers!) as to meat cakes, i am a vegetarian but beef cake can be quite fulfilling too….i don’t have a frelling clue about brunnen-g but i like your ideas

Anonymous

LOL, you freaks! (wait, I’m a freak too!)
    Brunnen-G. “Well.” hmm. That sounds good.
    The “G”? You might do well to check out some star charts. You’ll notice that Stars are often given names such as Cygnus X-1, (woops, that’s a black hole!)h

But anyhoo, compare it with Xev of B3k….get it?

? FX…. twinkies?! *Rustam grins* Never thought of men that way- heh heh heh.
    LOL..they don’t make the cream the way they used to!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

LOL, you freaks! (wait, I’m a freak too!)
    Brunnen-G. “Well.” hmm. That sounds good.
    The “G”? You might do well to check out some star charts. You’ll notice that Stars are often given names such as Cygnus X-1, (woops, that’s a black hole!)h

But anyhoo, compare it with Xev of B3k….get it?

? FX…. twinkies?! *Rustam grins* Never thought of men that way- heh heh heh.
    LOL..they don’t make the cream the way they used to!

——————

Anonymous

I think I’ve just been pulled down into the twisted world of the gutter with the rest of you. Not that I was all that far off from it anyway… *passes around the twinkies* Enjoy, ladies!

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

I think I’ve just been pulled down into the twisted world of the gutter with the rest of you. Not that I was all that far off from it anyway… *passes around the twinkies* Enjoy, ladies!

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

ahhh, welcome to the gutter, a crowded little sewer but our own…trillian should be round with the pineapple juice any time now

Anonymous

quote:

ahhh, welcome to the gutter, a crowded little sewer but our own…trillian should be round with the pineapple juice any time now

Anonymous

yep,pineapple juice,meat pies,and lots of twinkies.

Anonymous

yep,pineapple juice,meat pies,and lots of twinkies.

trillian
    Participant

You asked, I shall provide. Pineapple juice for all! *snarfle*

Splash, splash, glug, glug.

——————

trillian
    Participant

You asked, I shall provide. Pineapple juice for all! *snarfle*

Splash, splash, glug, glug.

——————

Anonymous

A great time in the gutter indeed.

——————

Anonymous

A great time in the gutter indeed.

——————

Anonymous

People, people, please! YODELS! Get it? Got it? Good.
    Now, about the Brunnen-G thing. When I listen to the soundtrack, it sounds softer like Braunen-G or Bruin, not hard like Broonen. And, I totally like that ‘well of life’ idea. Kai, as the sole representative of his race, seems to be the only person in the crew with any idea of anything outside of eating and boffing. Kai is a ‘wellspring’ of knowledge, as his people must have been. As for the ‘G,’ ya got me! Maybe it’s an honorific? I’d go with the star designation thing, but as Xev is clearly from B3K, Kai is from Brunnis II. And, his people were still Brunnen-G on Brunnis proper. Maybe they’re pre-HipHop! “Yo,yo,yo whazzup, Brunnen-G?”

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

Anonymous

People, people, please! YODELS! Get it? Got it? Good.
    Now, about the Brunnen-G thing. When I listen to the soundtrack, it sounds softer like Braunen-G or Bruin, not hard like Broonen. And, I totally like that ‘well of life’ idea. Kai, as the sole representative of his race, seems to be the only person in the crew with any idea of anything outside of eating and boffing. Kai is a ‘wellspring’ of knowledge, as his people must have been. As for the ‘G,’ ya got me! Maybe it’s an honorific? I’d go with the star designation thing, but as Xev is clearly from B3K, Kai is from Brunnis II. And, his people were still Brunnen-G on Brunnis proper. Maybe they’re pre-HipHop! “Yo,yo,yo whazzup, Brunnen-G?”

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

crusader
    Participant

Hoe knowes!
    Like, I think the chanting in the begining of the series 2 theme sounds like theyr singing “Brian”!

“Brian-ian-Brian-ian-an-an-an-an,
    Brian-ian-Brian-ian-an-an-an-an.
    Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian…”
    (And then the LEXX shots)

Lissen to it and youl know Im right!

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Hoe knowes!
    Like, I think the chanting in the begining of the series 2 theme sounds like theyr singing “Brian”!

“Brian-ian-Brian-ian-an-an-an-an,
    Brian-ian-Brian-ian-an-an-an-an.
    Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian-Brian…”
    (And then the LEXX shots)

Lissen to it and youl know Im right!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

It sounds to me like “Bee-em bee-em bay.” Noone seems to know where I can find the words to it.

——————

Vaiyo a oh;

DalekTek790
    Participant

It sounds to me like “Bee-em bee-em bay.” Noone seems to know where I can find the words to it.

——————

Vaiyo a oh;

Anonymous

Being the musician that I am, I’ve been listening to the themes for Lexx now for a year, and I’ve come up with all sorts of dialog within the music.
    I’ve found vocal tracks that have samplings of female and male voices, most of which are simples ‘OOOhhhs” and “Ahhhhs”. There are however, some words. One of which is “Helios”. Interesting. I think that was the name of a Sun god in some ancient mythology. I’ve also heard quite a bit of “Yo odee oh ” mixed in …those a several tracks over layed – “Yo YO Yo YO” and “Oh dee”. I love Marty’s work. It amazes me how often he untilizes those vocal samplings.
    Some of his pieces are nothing BUT vocals and sound increadible! GO MARTY!!!

——————

[This message has been edited by Rustam (edited February 14, 2001).]

Anonymous

Being the musician that I am, I’ve been listening to the themes for Lexx now for a year, and I’ve come up with all sorts of dialog within the music.
    I’ve found vocal tracks that have samplings of female and male voices, most of which are simples ‘OOOhhhs” and “Ahhhhs”. There are however, some words. One of which is “Helios”. Interesting. I think that was the name of a Sun god in some ancient mythology. I’ve also heard quite a bit of “Yo odee oh ” mixed in …those a several tracks over layed – “Yo YO Yo YO” and “Oh dee”. I love Marty’s work. It amazes me how often he untilizes those vocal samplings.
    Some of his pieces are nothing BUT vocals and sound increadible! GO MARTY!!!

——————

[This message has been edited by Rustam (edited February 14, 2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rustam:
    One of which is “Helios”. Interesting. I think that was the name of a Sun god in some ancient mythology.

“Helios: Sun god in Greek mythology, son of the Titan Hyperion (can’t make the funky little marks on his name) and the Titaness Theia: brother of Selene (the Moon) and Eos (Dawn). (This bit is interesting) He is represented as a strong and beautiful god, in the bloom of youth, with gleaming eyes and waving locks, a crown of rays upon his head…he is the All-seer because his rays penetrate everywhere. He is revealer of all that is done on eath. He is accordingly invoked as a witness to oaths and somlemn protestations.”-The Dictionary of Classical Mythology, Religion, Literature and Art(Oskar Seyffert)

A whole page is filled with info about Helios. Interesting, you can see the possibilty of where Kai’s bun came from, if you overthink it!

——————

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rustam:
    One of which is “Helios”. Interesting. I think that was the name of a Sun god in some ancient mythology.

“Helios: Sun god in Greek mythology, son of the Titan Hyperion (can’t make the funky little marks on his name) and the Titaness Theia: brother of Selene (the Moon) and Eos (Dawn). (This bit is interesting) He is represented as a strong and beautiful god, in the bloom of youth, with gleaming eyes and waving locks, a crown of rays upon his head…he is the All-seer because his rays penetrate everywhere. He is revealer of all that is done on eath. He is accordingly invoked as a witness to oaths and somlemn protestations.”-The Dictionary of Classical Mythology, Religion, Literature and Art(Oskar Seyffert)

A whole page is filled with info about Helios. Interesting, you can see the possibilty of where Kai’s bun came from, if you overthink it!

——————

Anonymous

Oh, Trill it gets even better. Two of the things associated with Helios are the whip and the eagle, kinda like Kai’s brace? And, if I recall my ancient mythology (okay, I saw it on Disney’s “Hercules” cartoon ), Helios had a son who tried to ride his sun chariot but, when he couldn’t control the chariot, he got shot out of the sky by Zeus. Sorta the way Kai tried to ride his ancestors’ chariot (Stinger) and got shot out of the sky by HDS? Well, that’s just probably a total stretch but it’s neat how some of that seems to fit.

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited February 15, 2001).]

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.