Brunnen-what?!?

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Oh, Trill it gets even better. Two of the things associated with Helios are the whip and the eagle, kinda like Kai’s brace? And, if I recall my ancient mythology (okay, I saw it on Disney’s “Hercules” cartoon ), Helios had a son who tried to ride his sun chariot but, when he couldn’t control the chariot, he got shot out of the sky by Zeus. Sorta the way Kai tried to ride his ancestors’ chariot (Stinger) and got shot out of the sky by HDS? Well, that’s just probably a total stretch but it’s neat how some of that seems to fit.

——————
    “mitaku oyasin”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited February 15, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

The character may also have an inspiration in other mythology. Kai is the name of a brave warrior in the folklore of the Celts. I don’t know much about the legendary character, he wasn’t really a deity but he could walk on water (unlike our Kai).

——————

Vaiyo a oh;
    Vaiyo a oh, home vaah ray;

Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G.
    Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G;

DalekTek790
    Participant

The character may also have an inspiration in other mythology. Kai is the name of a brave warrior in the folklore of the Celts. I don’t know much about the legendary character, he wasn’t really a deity but he could walk on water (unlike our Kai).

——————

Vaiyo a oh;

Vaiyo a rah, jerhume Brunnen-G;

Anonymous

Ah, but none of them were walking zombies.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

Ah, but none of them were walking zombies.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

you don’t know how their cultures grammer works hell for all we know the correct letter is brunnen p

Anonymous

you don’t know how their cultures grammer works hell for all we know the correct letter is brunnen p

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kornholio:

Either way, Brunnen G just sounds real funky! It just slides off the tongue.

I just gave fodder to the folks splashing in the gutter. Be slightly gentle!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kornholio:

Either way, Brunnen G just sounds real funky! It just slides off the tongue.

I just gave fodder to the folks splashing in the gutter. Be slightly gentle!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

*Smiling wickedly*
    Fodder for the fire, eh? Well…Let’s just say that HE might roll off the tounge rather – oh dear.

I think I’ll just go to work now, rather than start a debate as to which “parts” we’re actually talking about. Oh, my.

*Stuffing her hand in her mouth Rustam walks toward the train station.*

THBdbddthhhh!
    Mfffpphh!
    hmhn.

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

*Smiling wickedly*
    Fodder for the fire, eh? Well…Let’s just say that HE might roll off the tounge rather – oh dear.

I think I’ll just go to work now, rather than start a debate as to which “parts” we’re actually talking about. Oh, my.

*Stuffing her hand in her mouth Rustam walks toward the train station.*

THBdbddthhhh!
    Mfffpphh!
    hmhn.

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

In celebration of FX’s newly recovered board, I proudly cut and paste for your reading pleasure: the words as Marty Simon wrote them (getting back to the topic) and MM’s interview about his singing the overdub for the movie!

Veo-aye-oh
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray
    Veo-aye-rah Jerum-Brunnen-G
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray

(Here is the ACTUAL translation by Marty Simon)

VAIYO A-O
    (Fighters fight the fight)
    A HOME VA-YA-RAY
    (For their home and their heart)
    VAIYO A-RAH
    (We fighters will win or die)
    JERHUME BRUNNEN-G
    (Forever we are the Brunnen G)

“…I am of Russian decent, but truthfully the song was composed without any
    specific influence. The toughest part was composing a lyric based on a language
    no one had heard before and getting my singers to sing convincingly and with
    great passion….words which they did not understand! ”
    -The composer, Marty Simon.
    Music composed and arranged by Marty Simon. All music performed by Marty Simon. Singers on “Yo-A-O”: Cam Hawkins, Marty Simon, Stan Meisner. Guitar: Bill Beaudoin.

>From an interview with Michael McManus in TV Zone issue 120:
    As time starts to run out and McManus is thinking about the early days of the series, it seems a good point to ask about the hauntingly beautiful Brunnen-G chant. “It came from the music guy. Marty [Simon] sang it,” McManus explains. “I think they put a little bit of me singing in, that they got off the actual miked event when we did the scene, so they bleed me in a bit.”
    However, McManus is quick to point out that this didn’t go quite to plan either. “That song was one of the first things we got done music-wise and he says ‘Brun-an’, before the first time it was pronounced and ‘Broon-en’ was decided upon, the more German pronunciation of that German word which means ‘found’. It was put down as something to correct later, [but it didn’t] get corrected. There’s another slightly horrific moment at the end of the musical when Marty Simon’s voice is coming out of my lip-sync singing that song and still mispronouncing ‘Broon-en’. Those kind of things, they just make me hit the roof. I’m most neurotic as an actor when I’m watching myself on tv”

Enjoy.

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited February 18, 2001).]

Anonymous

In celebration of FX’s newly recovered board, I proudly cut and paste for your reading pleasure: the words as Marty Simon wrote them (getting back to the topic) and MM’s interview about his singing the overdub for the movie!

Veo-aye-oh
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray
    Veo-aye-oh Ome-vaah-ray

(Here is the ACTUAL translation by Marty Simon)

VAIYO A-O
    (Fighters fight the fight)
    A HOME VA-YA-RAY
    (For their home and their heart)
    VAIYO A-RAH
    (We fighters will win or die)
    JERHUME BRUNNEN-G
    (Forever we are the Brunnen G)

“…I am of Russian decent, but truthfully the song was composed without any
    specific influence. The toughest part was composing a lyric based on a language
    no one had heard before and getting my singers to sing convincingly and with
    great passion….words which they did not understand! ”
    -The composer, Marty Simon.
    Music composed and arranged by Marty Simon. All music performed by Marty Simon. Singers on “Yo-A-O”: Cam Hawkins, Marty Simon, Stan Meisner. Guitar: Bill Beaudoin.

>From an interview with Michael McManus in TV Zone issue 120:
    As time starts to run out and McManus is thinking about the early days of the series, it seems a good point to ask about the hauntingly beautiful Brunnen-G chant. “It came from the music guy. Marty [Simon] sang it,” McManus explains. “I think they put a little bit of me singing in, that they got off the actual miked event when we did the scene, so they bleed me in a bit.”
    However, McManus is quick to point out that this didn’t go quite to plan either. “That song was one of the first things we got done music-wise and he says ‘Brun-an’, before the first time it was pronounced and ‘Broon-en’ was decided upon, the more German pronunciation of that German word which means ‘found’. It was put down as something to correct later, [but it didn’t] get corrected. There’s another slightly horrific moment at the end of the musical when Marty Simon’s voice is coming out of my lip-sync singing that song and still mispronouncing ‘Broon-en’. Those kind of things, they just make me hit the roof. I’m most neurotic as an actor when I’m watching myself on tv”

Enjoy.

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited February 18, 2001).]

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya everyone,
    just a general response to all of your letters. First of all I’m not sure about the Brunnen-G pronunciation, but I like your ideas. There seems to be more logic behind this name.
    However, when I first started surfing the net for all things Lexx I came upon the address for Salter street[can’t remember which page] and the post code was B3K, which
    I think clears up the Zev/xev mystery.
    Thanks for the gift of the MM interview, that is the one interview available in the UK which I couldn’t get cos they’d sold out!
    ta ta
    KOG2X

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya everyone,
    just a general response to all of your letters. First of all I’m not sure about the Brunnen-G pronunciation, but I like your ideas. There seems to be more logic behind this name.
    However, when I first started surfing the net for all things Lexx I came upon the address for Salter street[can’t remember which page] and the post code was B3K, which
    I think clears up the Zev/xev mystery.
    Thanks for the gift of the MM interview, that is the one interview available in the UK which I couldn’t get cos they’d sold out!
    ta ta
    KOG2X

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by kaisothergirl2:
    Hya everyone,
    ta ta
    KOG2X

i assume you have visited pat’s site, (kaisgirl.freeuk) she has several interview transcripts there with the well-spoken one…also scifi.com.lexx has chat transcripts with mm on july 18, 2000 if you havent visited…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by kaisothergirl2:
    Hya everyone,
    ta ta
    KOG2X

i assume you have visited pat’s site, (kaisgirl.freeuk) she has several interview transcripts there with the well-spoken one…also scifi.com.lexx has chat transcripts with mm on july 18, 2000 if you havent visited…

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.