Calgary FLAMES!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    El_Coul
    Participant

Well Well Well
    I cant believe I waited this long to commence the ribbing.

Once again America Proper swipes the coveted Stanley Cup from America Jr and hoists it proudly before an audience who, according to the ratings, was more interested in watching Cosby reruns than another outstanding NHL playoffs.

…and the champions of Canada’s beloved passtime… ๐Ÿ˜† TAMPA BAY ๐Ÿ˜†

Ah well, maybe next year eh?

Maybe the impending labor strike will force a retraction of all these God Awful expansion teams (save for my beloved Stars who arent going anywhere dammit) and the sport will move back up north where people care about it enough to give it its proper respect. THEN maybe the Great White North will have a shot. ๐Ÿ˜›

RIII
    Participant

GRRRRRRR!!!!!

…. I’m NOT amused. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Not that I begrudge Andrechuk et al, and god knows he’s waited for it, but Calgary played like the troopers they are and they played well – arguably better than any other team in the playoffs. The Flames deserved the Cup every bit as much as the Lightening. I would argue that they deserved it more. It was a fine series, and I enjoyed it, but I wish the outcome had been the other way around, damnit.

One thing I’ll agree with Coul – it is the Great White North. You can knock it all you like, but we Canadians know it’s just pique ‘cos Canada won’t bow before it’s neighbour and takes pride in it’s Sovereign Independence. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

Go Flames Go!

Plif
    Participant

RIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dear girl, welcome to the land of the lexxing!

RIII
    Participant

Ohhhh, Nifty Plif thanks! ๐Ÿ˜‰

pinhead
    Participant

Went to a flame war and a hockey game broke out ๐Ÿ˜† There’s a joke in there some where ๐Ÿ˜ณ

RIII
    Participant

Methinks that’s why he called it Calgary FLAMES. Of course, it could be commented that they were originally the Atlanta Flames (back in the days of Willie Plett) but they moved to Canada because it’s a much better place to live. But I wouldn’t say anything so inflamatory. ๐Ÿ˜‰

El_Coul
    Participant

Well, I havent been to Calgary but I have been Atlanta… and see no reason to defend that particular city.

However

If you are trying to provoke me into a US vs Canada flamewar I will simply point to the SCOREBOARD and be done with it.

๐Ÿ˜ˆ CHECKMATE ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

RIII
    Participant
    El_Coul wrote:

Well, I havent been to Calgary but I have been Atlanta… and see no reason to defend that particular city.

However

If you are trying to provoke me into a US vs Canada flamewar I will simply point to the SCOREBOARD and be done with it.

๐Ÿ˜ˆ CHECKMATE ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

That is too easy, pointing fingers always is!

Read it here. It was a great series, played by two great teams. Like most Canadians, I wish a Canadian team had won, that’s all. Like you said – there’s always next year, if it’s in the Stars…. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Our guys played a great game. I sat on the edge of my seat for that last ten minutes. It was truly great hockey – fast, fun and clean with great forechecking. The only thing I would change is the final score. ๐Ÿ˜‰

pinhead
    Participant

Now I’m really confused, doesn’t a Canadian team win the Cup every year? ๐Ÿ˜• (I’m talking about the players, not the location)

El_Coul
    Participant

I watched the series. Twas quite exciting.
    If I am being elusively honest… I ‘might’ have been cheering for Flames.

as for the Star charts…

well, lets see, the traded Hully cause he didnt get along with Hitch and the city loses a beloved player. Then, very shortly thereafter, they fire Hitch, a beloved coach. To add insult to injury, there was the most pathetic picture of Ken slumping with head hung towards the podium to announce his dismissal on the front page of the newspaper. Then they axed Hatcher who was far and away the fan favorite and team captain. And ever since we’ve been ‘retooling.’ As Dallasites have seen the results of owner Tom Hick’s retooling in his other team the Texas Rangers we dont know quite what to expect… but were not expecting much. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

El_Coul
    Participant
    pinhead wrote:

Now I’m really confused, doesn’t a Canadian team win the Cup every year? ๐Ÿ˜• (I’m talking about the players, not the location)

Well we pay them more. I guess if the Canadian players werent such mercenaries and had more national pride they would stay at home and win the Cup for their homeland every year.

pinhead
    Participant

“Coach!!!Put me In!!!I know I can score!!!” ๐Ÿ˜›

Deathscythehell
    Participant

when it comes to team sports i dont care about the entire country, no less canada, it would seem that florida is the best, with how good the heat was doing in the playoffs, tampa winning the cup, and of course the only sport that I really care about anyways, baseball,the marlins winning the world series ๐Ÿ˜€

and i dont give a crap about football ( rugby ), or soccer ( football ) anyways

the only sport i ever enjoyed playing was street hockey, i was an excellent goalie ๐Ÿ˜€ but i was pretty clumsy on roller blades ( still am ๐Ÿ˜› )

RIII
    Participant
    pinhead wrote:

Well, if that’s the way you’re keeping score, then Ukraine (Fedotenko) won and the US (Conroy) lost.

I was cheering for the Flames, and I’ll do the same next year too. I’m proud of the way they played. I’d cheer for any Canadian based team in the playoffs, from the Canucks to the Habs. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And Death, as much as I dislike to disagree with you, hockey is the only game/sport worth watching. ๐Ÿ˜‰

pinhead wrote:

“Coach!!!Put me In!!!I know I can score!!!” ๐Ÿ˜›

Frankly pinhead, I’m surprised – I didn’t know you wore glasses. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

pinhead
    Participant

DOH!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

RIII
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.