Jonny Quest on DVD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aquabloodstone
    Participant

Recently picked this set up. I love this series. The first show with a scifi bent I ever really loved. It’s definitely worth a perusal for so many reasons, not the least of which is “The Robot Spy”.

My favorite episode featuring the spider-like robot creature sent by Dr. Zin to divine the secrets of the para-power ray.

Anyone else a fan of the show? Have a favorite episode to share?

theFrey
    Participant

I use to watch this a lot when I was a kid. Was not Johnny always dragging poor Hadji in to trouble? And what was up with that anyhow. Who lets kids not related to the adult go into such dangerous places?

I don’t remember as much about this show as I do Speed Racer…. Which was one of my favorite shows. ;D But sadly, my cars, while they occassionally flew thru the air, they really were not designed that way. It was more due to excessive speed and inattention on my part….

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Yes, Dr. Quest and Race were always a little fast and loose with the kids’ welfare.

“We’re in the center of a dangerouse jungle, crawling with poisonous creatures. By the way, where are the kids?”

“Oh, they’re probably just lost or something, they’ll be okay.”

ebonyknight
    Participant

The Venture Brothers is much better. ๐Ÿ˜‰

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Im taking there is a newer Jonny Quest out as well?

Anyone got any good links for the old Jonny Quest?

Thanks.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

There were a more young Jonny Quest episodes produced at a later date and then there was one with a teenage Jonny, Hadji and they pulled Race’s daughter Jesse out of their butt’s for some “romance” I suppose. Even Dr. Zin had twin girls – eww! The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (1996).[/url]
    Here is the product link at Amazon for Classic Jonny(1964). Here’s the toonopedia entry.

Love the Venture Bros. too BTW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.