Lexx.com Board …. {Part Ducks}

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx.com Board …. {Part Ducks}

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

I’d like to take the time to state my little pet peeve that I have about the Lexx.Com bboard.

Every time I start a thread, within a day, it’s given a one-star rating. It doesn’t matter what the subject is about. Someone is obviously seeking out all posts that I create and giving them a one-star rating.

If I ever find out who’s doing it, I’m going to flog them with a wet noodle.

In other words, I just don’t care. I just wanted to point out that someone out there is juvenile enough to waste the time to try to indirectly hurt my feelings and try to make me feel insecure. I kind of feel sorry for the hapless dweeb!

Anonymous

Hi all – This is a nice board/group and has a lot of good info on Lexx. I should probably send my $3 in! Thought it was odd that lexx.com didn’t have anything other than posts – I remember some “excitement” at the merchandise link, then the disappointment. Given the info/structure here, don’t know the value of doing something else there. Sci-fi’s board is/was completely useless; sort of like their current programming practices.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, deleting the thread may not be very slack of you, and saving it even less so, but I do appreciate it. Kudos to you and to the monkeys too! However, I now remember that what I wrote was extremely lame and that’s why I put it in that potentially doomed thread in the first place. So no, I don’t really need it, but thanks anyway. That was very considerate.

As for your one star ratings Grape; isn’t that good? It’s interesting that you should mention it here right after a response specifically to me, because I am at least partially responsible.

You see, when I was first there I set the trend for making the worst threads (it could be the most off-topic, the most offensive, or the most insulting to Lexx) 5 stars, and the best threads (the ones that were really insightful about Lexx) one star. If you look carefully then you’ll see that it has generally continued that way. I have given you a couple one stars myself, and probably a lot more five star ratings for the creme de la creme of your very worst threads. (joking) I have never given myself a one star rating, because they’re never good enough to warrant less than three: “WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE?” being, in my opinion, my worst thread ever. It deserved 5 stars as one of the worst threads ever, unfortunately someone bumped it up to 3! Come on, it was way worse than that!

Anyway, I looked through the topics, and I don’t really think you’re being specifically targeted.

And as for why I started that trend off (and other observant people did follow suit) was because:
    a. It’s funnier that way.
    b. To confuse the newbies.
    c. Cause confusing people is funny!
    d. I wanted people to comment on the unusual way the threads were rated because I wanted a conversation on what makes a great thread.

Unfortunately, an intelligent converation (or debate) was usually too much to expect at Lexx.com. In this thread alone I’ve received for more answers to Lexx.com questions (questions that I tried hard to provoke discussion on) in a short time, than I did in months at lexx.com.

Seems kind of strange that you have to come over to Sadgeezer to understand some of the central mysteries of lexx.com. Someone should start a sadgeezer.com thread over there so that we can understand how this place works! Just kidding, the admin. here is far more forthcoming than over there. It’s the level of transparency and accountability that I most love at this site — Flamegrape’s great response to me before is a good example of what makes this site great. Here they always try to give you the answers to the questons you pose (I’m thinking specifically about questions related to the “behind the scenes” mechanics of the site) — and they’re always good, sensible answers too.

On a side note: I think this might interest all of you due to Lexxian’s renowned intelligence, sophistication, and sexiness. Please read the sixth post down here

Quark has girls in skimpy costumes just like Lexx, so I know you must be interested!

Edited for a serious blunder! Dang I wish this site didn’t say how many times you’ve edited it. It’s embarassing! Lexx.com forced me to post responses too fast, and it killed my writing skills.

[ 24-10-2002: Message edited by: Logan ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Logan:
    Well, deleting the thread may not be very slack of you, and saving it even less so, but I do appreciate it.

What are ya talkin’ about? I gave it five piles of slack before I flushed it!

It would do you well to learn “Bob”‘s patented ways of excremeditation.

[ 24-10-2002: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Fatguy
    Participant

For anyone who wishes to retrieve and display their comments/compositions regarding my threads; please e-mail me and I will send you the information to repost. Leaving a black slate with replies is wrong as I did not present a blank piece of paper, nor did the others respond to a blank piece of paper; so the threads were deleted. I can not leave any of my works in this site as one thread deleted is censorship with regard to all of the works at this site; therefore they all had to go. This post should not be deleted as there is no direct link to the offending material.

Maurice Ali

Fatguy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    We’ll save a copy of the thread– for future reference.

I posted “my” creativity on the assumption that it would be posted for all to see. As this is no longer the case; I ask that you purge it from the system. My material is mine, nobody has a right to it except on my terms. If this makes no sense to you, watch the movie “The Fountainhead” or read the work by Ayn Rand.

Maurice Ali

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mourn the loss of such gut-wrenching artistry

Well, it is my opinion that this site has been diminished by the brutal excision of your thought-provoking posts.

Oops, I think I meant to say “…by the excision of your brutal and vomit-inducing posts.”

Sad, I have a suggestion, why not come out with a forum specifically designed for such posts? — I nominate Fatguy as moderator (of course you woin’t need a moderator cause anything will go).

Regarding censorship: Be warned! If we give up our rights, what do we have, left! And I would rather be left with my rights than my lefts. Or preferably both I guess.

Anyway Fatguy, I was truly sorry to see your posts go. They were controversial, daring, and bold, and I can only hope that their spirit will live on — maybe even through me.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Fatguy:
    I posted “my” creativity on the assumption that it would be posted for all to see. As this is no longer the case; I ask that you purge it from the system. My material is mine, nobody has a right to it except on my terms. If this makes no sense to you, watch the movie “The Fountainhead” or read the work by Ayn Rand.Maurice Ali

Oh, bad news then sport, as I get an immediate email of all threads that come into my forums. Once they are on my system they become part of my email archives. However, please be assured that I have no intention of plagiarism, or rereading it for my own private pleasure. The material becomes archive only.

Concerning the mater of post removal, I fully support Flame’s action. As I am super sensitive to material of that nature, I often will err on the side of being too lenient. I do this for fairness’ sake. I know I don’t like something, but knowing that, I try to give it the benefit of the doubt. However, I did think it was wrong for the forum, and that Flame’s actions were correct.

theFrey
    Participant

eepppp! This thread is too long again. As you know the extra long threads frell the board. Please see Lexx.com Board (Part Tree)

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.