Lexxian Boredom…?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexxian Boredom…?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ilyekkakai
    Participant

What do Lexxians like to do when bored?
    Do they listen to music?
    ..Let’s get to know our lil community πŸ˜€

I will start off by…

I am bored …cause it’s late and not much goes on when it’s late πŸ˜‰ πŸ™„ πŸ˜•
    When I am bored….I choose to add my opinion in posts that grab my attention at the moment πŸ˜‰
    ..I haunt my other bookmarked spots and see whats up(usually nothing this hour πŸ™„ )
    πŸ˜€ …and I listen to music… πŸ˜€
    😈 ..right now , my guilty fix is…Beastie Boys …”Brass Monkey” :mrgreen:

pinhead
    Participant

Right now I’m listening to Jeff Rense’s interview with Alex Jones πŸ™‚ For those who don’t know Alex, he’s just like David Icke but without the reptilians 😯

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I like to lurk around catholic schoolgirls after work, its fun. Other than that masturbation offcourse, and listning to GWAR always cures boredness.

El_Coul
    Participant
    pinhead wrote:

Right now I’m listening to Jeff Rense’s interview with Alex Jones πŸ™‚ For those who don’t know Alex, he’s just like David Icke but without the reptilians 😯

πŸ˜†

I love that guy!
    The best part is… he broadcasts live from 3 – 6 am here.
    Not exactly primetime, but hey, the powers that be are keepin the man down so what can he do?
    The only thing better than he radio show is his cable access show.
    Ever seen that?

iStan
    Participant

I like rearranging the fridge magnets.

Pinhead’s got me intrigued about Jeff Rense in the past- sounds great for boredom. Unfortunately the broadcast time is a little inconvenient, unless I’m bored with sleeping.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being a Lexxian is only one of the labels that defines me (or my interests anyway), and only one of the communities I belong to — though a VERY important one. In sci-fi shows which have forums at this board: I’m also a Prisoner; a Hitchhiker; a Smeghead/Dwarfer; a Whovian; a Babyler; a Gater, and some others too. So for me, generally, what I do as a person who is fond of Lexx when I’m bored is no different from what I do as a person who is fond of other shows…

By the way, I know your intention is to bring a little more of the lexx.com board to this forum, to humanise the forum, to learn more about each other, and generally just to create a vibrant thread, so excuse me if I go off on tangential territory and thereby broaden the scope of the discussion a bit.

When I’m bored I put on music and I love Pink Floyd, but I listened to that long before I was a Lexx fan, so it has nothing to do with me being a Lexxian specifically, or doesn’t it? I can correlate all of my interests to my interest in Lexx — I have a disposition towards certain things. For instance, I love black comedy generally, am cynical, I like surrealism, and I generally like shows that don’t take themselves too seriously.

Pink Floyd is quite Lexxy in many ways. Like I said, you made it clear that you’re really just asking about what Lexxians as a collection of individuals do when they’re bored, but I’ve often found that Lexxians share many of the same interests and attitudes. I wonder, okay I don’t really wonder this, if you asked this in the Andromeda forum, for instance, if you’d get a very different sense of how they deal with boredom — or perhaps how they tackle questions of boredom? We’re all sci-fi fans of course, and we’re all different… So not particularly…. Allthough, I guess we watch Lexx and go to Lexx forums when we’re bored and they go to Andromeda forums and watch Andromeda — to confuse matters, what about the Lexx fans who are also Andromeda fans?

I wonder if there is a Lexxian world-view we, generally, share in common that makes us different from other fan groups in how we deal with boredom and other issues?

Also, I wonder if you’ll find that the sadgeezer community will respond rather differently to the question than we would find in the existing lexx.com “Bored” thread? Of course we lexx.commers already know each other pretty well since we’ve had many similar discussions over there, but yeah, this is a good opportunity for cross-cultural comparison.

You’ll find that Lexxians here and at lexx.com (though many belong to both communities) do express themselves and interact differently — so one could say there’s more than one Lexx culture — at the same time we are all individuals. Here people tend to discuss the shows more, where as at lexx.com it’s very common to discuss eachother/oneself… More humanised. Nice to have both.

Anyway, I’m thinking now about what I do as a Lexx fan specifically when I’m bored, as opposed to what I do as a Monty Python fan, a Star Trek TOS fan, or as a Black Adder and Mr. Bean fan etc.

Okay, okay…

So… specific to my Lexxist side: When I’m bored I go to visit a Lexx forum and try to think of something to say to the Lexxian community, or I take out a Lexx DVD, and my boredom quickly disappears.

Sometimes when I’m bored and in a Lexxy mood my thoughts turn to grand and hideously evil Lexx inspired visions. For instance, my fancy takes me to imaginative worlds where I’m a Divine Predecessor’s brain discussing logic with Spock’s brain, or betting with the big brains from the Star Trek episode, “The Gamesters of Triskelion,” on how many seats the NDP will get at the forthcoming Canadian election (oops, I crossed over into the Trek universe — you can’t keep a good Trekkie down).

Sometimes I daydream that I’m Stan debating the merits of same-sex church blessings with Feppo and Smoor, but it’s a fruitless discussion since the Lexx always ends up blowing up the church anyway.

As a general cult sci-fi buff, when I’m bored I often search out the latest sci-fi news hoping to find something that piques my interest enough to write a news article on it — but I rarely do.

Okay, I think the length answered your question: When I’m bored it amuses me to write funkin’ long and stupendously silly posts; just thinkin’ aloud really. πŸ˜€ Printed out, these posts make excellent toilet paper. Edit: And when I’m bored I like to inflict my rambling thoughts on others to bore them silly. Misery loves company. πŸ˜€

KarubaLuna
    Participant
    iStan wrote:

Oh jesus god! Not the fridge magnets again. I’ve been clean for a couple of months now. So irrestible. White fridge, pretty magnets. Gah.

Logan’s response has actually made me consider the question of Lexxian-specific boredom seriously, for the first time. Our various responses and coping mechanisms for boredom are probably all different. But I do think we share some traits in common as a specific community.

All indications to the contrary, I think Lexxians tend to be a mature, surprisingly intelligent and creative bunch. There are of course exceptions πŸ˜‰ nudge nudge wink wink πŸ™„ πŸ™„ . But for the most part the group seems to include a surprising number of people who have lived interesting or challenging lives. And that does not mean being a rocket scientist. Sometimes just trying to live on an authentic level without totally shutting down in mainstream society is an incredible challenge. If you can keep it real these days I figure you are some kind of super-hero.

Most Lexxians seem to be open-minded, tolerant and unique. In spite of reports to the contrary, there are loads of people out there who are not unique. The “everybody is unique” saying is just a pacifier to keep the mindless happy in their obedience. Same with “everybody is equal”. Giggle. So when you run into someone who is willing to be different, you know you are dealing with someone who has a fair amount of courage and inner strength, even if they don’t know it. And you thank whatever gods you to pray to for them because they are the type of people who save the species from being totally mundane and insane.

Woa. Getting heavy. The last week has been a pain in the ass because I have been ill and unable to do much. Normally I would have been assuaging my boredom by massaging the bored. Sad’s has been a treasure. I have also been hanging a bit at #lexx chat. Maya’s Trading Post has been a lot of fun and a couple of days ago I made my way to live journal and started a blog. I am amazed how Lexxians seem to be sprinkled everywhere and yet all connected like some giant web. Talk to one you have never met before and chances are they either know you or you know someone in common. Cool.

pinhead
    Participant
    iStan wrote:

Pinhead’s got me intrigued about Jeff Rense in the past- sounds great for boredom. Unfortunately the broadcast time is a little inconvenient, unless I’m bored with sleeping.

Go to his web site- http://www.rense.com and check out the archives(on the left side, next to his photo) and you can check out streaming audio of past shows(that’s the way I do it) πŸ˜€

iStan
    Participant
    pinhead wrote:

iStan wrote:

Go to his web site- http://www.rense.com and check out the archives(on the left side, next to his photo) and you can check out streaming audio of past shows(that’s the way I do it) :D[/quote]

You cheat! All this time I thought that you were listening to Dr Fred Bell and him live… Guess I’ll do the same. Thanks, pinhead. I’ve got a Moosehead with your name on it.

pinhead
    Participant

Speaking of Moosehead, isn’t it true that the Canadian beer industry is controled by the Pleiadians? 😯

Dee
    Participant

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/pilots/lexxpilot.htm

Link leads to the pilot “I Worship His Shadow” full text transcript. May help with the boredom a bit, a nice lil’ read πŸ˜‰

Deathscythehell
    Participant

when im bored i play video games, drink, smoke, or kill kittens

( take that you hijacking fools! )

ilyekkakai
    Participant
    Deathscythehell wrote:

when im bored i play video games, drink, smoke, or kill kittens

( take that you hijacking fools! )

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† LMAO πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I need to do more sit ups

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

Sometimes when I’m bored and in a Lexxy mood my thoughts turn to grand and hideously evil Lexx inspired visions. For instance, my fancy takes me to imaginative worlds where I’m a Divine Predecessor’s brain discussing logic with Spock’s brain, or betting with the big brains from the Star Trek episode, “The Gamesters of Triskelion,” on how many seats the NDP will get at the forthcoming Canadian election (oops, I crossed over into the Trek universe — you can’t keep a good Trekkie down).

Sometimes I daydream that I’m Stan debating the merits of same-sex church blessings with Feppo and Smoor, but it’s a fruitless discussion since the Lexx always ends up blowing up the church anyway.

As a general cult sci-fi buff, when I’m bored I often search out the latest sci-fi news hoping to find something that piques my interest enough to write a news article on it — but I rarely do.

Okay, I think the length answered your question: When I’m bored it amuses me to write funkin’ long and stupendously silly posts; just thinkin’ aloud really. πŸ˜€ Printed out, these posts make excellent toilet paper. Edit: And when I’m bored I like to inflict my rambling thoughts on others to bore them silly. Misery loves company. πŸ˜€

Ah, Logan!!! That’s one of the things I missed while I was away. Your long rambly posts were always silly without being stupid and intelligent without being insulting to others. Printed out, they’re worth MORE than toilet paper……

Errrr, wait a minute….. When you’re doing your business on the “throne” and discover the roll is empty and no one’s replaced the spare, toilet paper becomes VERY VALUABLE! 😯

Anyway, it’s not so much boredom as loneliness that brings me to BBs. For boredom (when I get the chance!) I’ve got lots of lexxy and un-lexxy things to do: my video library (which contains LEXX of course); a backlog of magazine, both science fact and science fiction; a pile of unfinished crossword puzzle books and a backlog of unfinised needlework projects. But, when I get home from work late at night the only people awake in my little world are my 2 cats. It’s rather hard to have a REAL conversation with them, especially when one of them is very sick, maybe dying. At least on BBs I feel like I’m reaching out and touching someone ….. metaphorically speaking of course. πŸ˜‰

MM

theFrey
    Participant

Ah, sorry to hear about your small furry one being ill Micro. Never easy that. πŸ™

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”MicroMary” wrote:

Ah, Logan!!! That’s one of the things I missed while I was away. Your long rambly posts were always silly without being stupid and intelligent without being insulting to others. Printed out, they’re worth MORE than toilet paper……

Thank you MM, I’ve missed you. Glad to see someone gets it. It’s fun to write absurdly pretentious and crazily rambling posts. Not sure about the intelligent bit, but I’ve got silly down to a tee. Sometimes I worry that my weird humour is taken too seriously.

I revel in absurdity, irony, and bathos, for in absurdity lies ridiculous consciousness and unreasonable truth.

Or, and please forgive me to redundantly quote from a play I wrote long ago for no reason than I’m feeling nostalgic…

Callum: “A farce? A farce! Heavens forbid! I should have nothing to do with something so pedestrian as a farce. This is the grand theatre of the profound and mysterious; we have taken the apparently absurd and imbued it with meaning. We have turned Beckett on his head. In absurdity lies consciousness and truth.”

”MicroMary” wrote:

Errrr, wait a minute….. When you’re doing your business on the “throne” and discover the roll is empty and no one’s replaced the spare, toilet paper becomes VERY VALUABLE!

πŸ˜†

Good point! I’m always forgetting to re-stock the toiler paper. I’ve ruined many a valuable, fine lamΓ© Armani suit, and even more llamas, due to a lack of it. Still, there’s nothing finer than the feel of fine tailored fabrics between one’s cheeks — South American hoofed mammals are even better! … and it’s oh so very haute couture. Fashionable though it may be in some circles, I draw the line at Lamas.

”MicroMary” wrote:

Anyway, it’s not so much boredom as loneliness that brings me to BBs. For boredom (when I get the chance!) I’ve got lots of lexxy and un-lexxy things to do: my video library (which contains LEXX of course); a backlog of magazine, both science fact and science fiction; a pile of unfinished crossword puzzle books and a backlog of unfinished needlework projects. But, when I get home from work late at night the only people awake in my little world are my 2 cats. It’s rather hard to have a REAL conversation with them, especially when one of them is very sick, maybe dying.

I was totally addicted to crossword puzzles, particularly the cryptic kind. I’m very sorry about your cat. I love cats… Don’t have any of my own anymore, but the neighbours ones are a constant comfort.

”MicroMary” wrote:

At least on BBs I feel like I’m reaching out and touching someone ….. metaphorically speaking of course.

The BBs of today won’t match the feeling one will get on the BBs of tomorrow. With sensual VR Technology we will all be able to “virtually” reach out and touch someone in cyberspace… I can’t wait to get a full VR body suit, but I don’t think I’ll be using it much to discuss sci-fi.

theFrey
    Participant

Pervert 😯 😯 πŸ˜€

Sexecutioner
    Participant

everyones a pervert, whats your point?

theFrey
    Participant

There isn’t one. There is nothing wrong with being a perv…. some of my best friends are prevs of one sort or the other.:D

But, in the total sensory suits ever become fact and affordable there will be many, many more. πŸ™‚

theBrother has mentioned that should this ever happen, the so called ‘computer addiction’ that people talk about will not be limited to a few (realitivly) hard core comp junkies, but will spread to a lot of the general public and become a computer epidemic. πŸ™‚ Talk about never leaving the house!

Anonymous

Frey your a perv to πŸ˜‰

Dee
    Participant

I panic when I saw the word perv, and figured fokes were talking about me πŸ˜› Glad to know I ain’t the only one with a bad rep πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

The well known perv,
    Dee 😈

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

The BBs of today won’t match the feeling one will get on the BBs of tomorrow. With sensual VR Technology we will all be able to “virtually” reach out and touch someone in cyberspace… I can’t wait to get a full VR body suit, but I don’t think I’ll be using it much to discuss sci-fi.

That kinda depends on what turns you ON, doesn’t it??? πŸ˜‰
    😈

theFrey
    Participant
    ”HisDivineShadow” wrote:

Frey your a perv to πŸ˜‰

Shhhhhhhh, you aren’t suppose to just blurt that out to people. πŸ˜‰

Perv-verts, as theSister use to call them, come in many gradations, hopefully we are all the better kind of them. πŸ˜€

Sexecutioner
    Participant

I have pictures of naked women on my ceiling

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.