Poll: Who is the Cylon?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Who is the Cylon aboard BSG?

There’s plenty of choices and plenty of reasons why and why not. Tell us some of yours!

1)Apollo

2)Starbuck

3)Adama

4)Tigh

5)Roslin

6)Gaeta

Tos
    Participant

I don’t think it’s any of them, they all seem like the obvious choice ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d say it’s more likely to be the Presidents aid or his new girlfriend (I don’t remember either of the characters names).

Headgehog
    Participant
    Tos wrote:

I’d say it’s more likely to be the Presidents aid or his new girlfriend (I don’t remember either of the characters names).

Billy is the President’s aid, and Duella is his gf.

I agree, none of the regulars are cylons. Nor should they be. We have Boomer, which is enough already. Any more important people as sleeper agents would be too contrived. The seires would turn into Alias, which always throws in some completely baseless plot twist, such as a sleeper agent for the enemy, just to advance a plot. BSG would lose a lot of credability if it did that on a bi-weekly basis.

Anonymous
    Headgehog wrote:

I agree, none of the regulars are cylons. Nor should they be. We have Boomer, which is enough already. Any more important people as sleeper agents would be too contrived. The seires would turn into Alias, which always throws in some completely baseless plot twist, such as a sleeper agent for the enemy, just to advance a plot. BSG would lose a lot of credability if it did that on a bi-weekly basis.

Welcome to Sci-Fi. ๐Ÿ˜›

I’d argue the exact opposite. I’d be wondering why someone who has 2 lines a week suddenly becomes a main character. But to each their own.

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

I’d be wondering why someone who has 2 lines a week suddenly becomes a main character.

So that’s what they’re building up to with Apollo?

Sci -Fi
    Participant

My guess from the characters seen so far are:

Mrs Tigh or Tom Zarek.

Even though Leobin said Adama was a Cylon to Roslin, which Adama was he referring to? The Commander or Apollo? Might be just a psychological ploy to cast suspicions and paranoia throughout the fleet. It only takes a few false rumors to spread and take root plus some people will begin to believe its true. Others will give their observations/explanations on an individuals behavior as proof of guilt. The Cylons can simply sit back and watch the Colonials kill each other off. It’s like the Twilight Zone episode “The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street “, where a few strange observations/situations turn neighbor against neighbor and the invading aliens that are causing all the problems are just sitting on top of the hill watching all the carnage.

Most of the Bio-Cylons seen so far are not visible, high profile power brokers/politicians, but are lurking nearby in trusted positions and can influence decisions or gather vital information without being viewed as a potential rival or a threat.

๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€

Requiem
    Participant

Billy, no reason,just a hunch though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Headgehog
    Participant
    Sci -Fi wrote:

My guess from the characters seen so far are:

Mrs Tigh or Tom Zarek.

It certainly appears that Ellen Tigh is a cylon, or at least equally as dangerous.

Zarek on the other hand… I doubt it. He’s been in prison for the last 20 years. Prior to that he was a dangerous and very well known (popular/infamous) terrorist. The doesn’t match the typical cylon agent, who likes to try to stay hidden.

Anonymous

i’d say it would be someone close to President Roslin, either her aide or the doctor treating her cancer. the only way i can think that she had those dreams about Leobin before she actually met him (especially this point), and her subsequent hallucinations, is that somebody must be monkeying with her medication

ebonyknight
    Participant

Prez Roslin is an interesting choice, but she has cancer. That would be quite a flaw in the cylon design.

But I think that revealing that boomer was a cylon (I don’t this this a spoiler anymore) was done a bit too soon.

But it does add to the suspense that anyone could be a cylon now.

The best shows on TV (sci-fi or not) are the ones that allow main characters to be killed off or similarily significantly compromised. Adds to the awe factor.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.