Star trek Enterprise

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Who knows what about it? Jabba says It is based pre-kirk, pre-pike even. If so why on gods name call it Enterprise? Please someone in the know tell me!!

Thanx

Coffeebean

——————
    I also Cook!! – Steven Segal – Under Seige

crusader
    Participant

I was wondering about that to!!!

Well, I wish that they could have done a Star Trek series that shows whats happening after Star Trek The Next Generation!

The little thing that we have herd in Voyage when they have had contact with earth isent satesfing!
    I wont to know more about the war that there in and the new teknology they have and al the outher goodies!!!
    Way couldent they just continue the story instead of going in to the past!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

i wanted them to set it say 15 years after voyager using slip stream drive to travel to other galaxies etc

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

DalekTek790
    Participant

What about a time-travelling series? They do it enough in the other shows! There could be Iconian gateways or a timeship or something, and the characters would be from like the 27th century.

On second thought, that could get a lot like Doctor Who.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

crusader
    Participant

What about a Holowdeck series?

The crue gets trapped in a new kind of holowdeck and must find a way out or something! (Hm, mybe it sounds to mutch like Votager)

Anyway, as series about Holowdech adventures would be great! (Well, I think so)

Well, the time-travelling ide was good to!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

How about Star Trek: Tribbles, sn entire series based on the Starship Prrr, and its brave crew; the first entirely Tribble crew in Starfleet?

Okay, maybe not.

Personally, although I like the idea of a prequel series, and I really, really like the idea of Scott Bakula as Captain Whatshisface, Enterprise just sounds a little silly to me, thus far. I was really hoping that character sheet was a fake.

I’ll give it a chance, but if it’s crap, I’m not going to be very happy.

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

[This message has been edited by littlestar (edited May 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

yeah i think it will be ok aslong as they get away from the sci-soap thingy – however atleast there wont be any prime directive to worry about!!!

——————

crusader
    Participant

Hm, maybe a series thats more lexxie!

You know naked ladys, sexy and absurd!
    Captin Kirk hansing naked… eh, scrap that ide! Id be having nightmares fore weeks!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Some good ideas. Personally i say they shold focus on the Borg. The forst All borg crew, Un borgified from the collective blahblah blah. Could be intersting. We could find sevns other eight. Which will be nice!!!!!!!!!!

——————

Anonymous

Lexx has naked ladies in it – when can i see it here in england?

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Hm, maybe a series thats more lexxie!

What would be the point? Lexx is just a Star Trek ripoff. They’re already essentially the same.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

What would be the point? Lexx is just a Star Trek ripoff. They’re already essentially the same.

Just how, pray tell, is LEXX a Star Trek rip-off? Stan is the polar opposite of any captain on any of the Roddenberry(tm) shows, excluding the libido evidenced by Kirk. Kai may be venturing a little close to Spock, but very little, and he’s nothing at all like Data (for one thing, he has no curiosity about what it means to be “human” or “alive”). 790 is a robot, so I guess he’s got *something* in common with Data, but Data isn’t, well, you know…insane and lusting after whoever he looks at after programming. Xev is, well, unique. There’s not *anyone* that she resembles. Roddenberry(tm) characters are all noble beings, and those that aren’t are generally cast as villains or are crew members gone “over the edge” and are dealt with by the end of the episode. LEXX characters are rarely noble in their actions, and are more “human” in that their main concern is generally saving their own hinders from whatever menace they’re facing that week. If LEXX is just a Star Trek rip-off, then *any* show that features a cast of characters flying around in a space ship is a rip-off as well (and the notion isn’t one that originated with Trek to begin with).

–Aleck

[This message has been edited by Aleck (edited May 21, 2001).]

crusader
    Participant

Hey, DalekTek790! You have had Ide how to make LEXX more like Star Trek (Like scip the sex, scip the obsean, scip the absurd sounds, scip the nudety, put automatic doors in the LEXX like they have on Star Trek, have more morals, more happy endings, make the cruwe more good, let Xev and Stan fall in love, let Kai come to life, make 790 nice, scip…, less…, more…, make…!) I sometimes wonder way your even looking at LEXX!

I wont the LEXX to be just as it is! (Maybe get it of the destuktion wheel! You know, the thing that every place they goe to gets destroyed! It makes it prediktabel! But thats about it!)
    Its al the non Start Trek things that makes us love the show!

Jabba!!! LEXX has MANNY nude sceans!!! (Espachaly series 3!) Its mostly cut of from the TV versions so youl have to buy the videos!!! Buy I think thats alot of monney to spend just to se some naked girls!!!
    I HAVE to by them, since they only show series 1 and 2 here in Sweden!
    Im lucky to get series 3 on video!!! They only by 2 of every tape from England so you gotta be quick!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

Aleck-Do you just automatically disagree with everything I say, or do you have some form of free will?

Crusader-I don’t mean to insult you, but your posts are often very difficult to understand.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Aleck-Do you just automatically disagree with everything I say, or do you have some form of free will?

Let’s not get personal here, Dalek. I was merely disagreeing with a point you’d made, and asking what you felt made LEXX “just a Star Trek ripoff.” I stated my points as to what *isn’t* similar about the two in a civil manner, keeping in the spirit of dialogue. There is no need to resort to “personal attacks.”

(For the record, though, the answer is no, I do not automatically disagree with everything you say. I just happen to find much of what you say disagreeable. Those that disagree with you do not automatically have to be considered sub-human and lacking in the free will department.)

A coherent response or rebuttal to the points raised is the standard next step in debate, Dalek. If you would be so kind as to stay within the realm of dialektik and address the ideas and not resort to personal attacks, that would be peachy.

Thank you,

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

The only way you could really make Star Trek more similar to Lexx would be to give Data a scorpion hook, or Worf a dorky hat, or Q a lip stud.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Are you compairing Worf with Stan??? You gotta be kidding me!!!

And what I meant with that post Dalektek790, was that everytime we descuse LEXX, you always whant to change the lexxie things to more Star Trek!!! (Like putting more morals in to the show and taking away the sexyness)

Frankly I cant se ANYTHINGS simmalare with Start Trek and LEXX!
    But you wont to se it! If you wont it to be like Star Trek, so be it! But it has never and will never be like Star Trek and I think that you caling it an Star Trek ripoff is an insolt to the makers of LEXX!!!
    Its like caling every Fantasy whriter a Tolkien ripoff!!!

As I said before, I dont understand way you even bother looking at LEXX!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

I’m quite curious about whether the klingons (if they have klingons) will have forehead ridges or not!

p.s. most of you guys have probably seen this already but anyways here’s the official upn/startrek spin on the new series:
    http://www.startrek.com/production/seriesv/articles/051701a.html
    ——————
    ————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

[This message has been edited by bugblatterbeast (edited May 24, 2001).]

crusader
    Participant

Hm, that changes things for me!!!
    I thought that it would be just before Kirk but this is 150 years before Kirk!!!
    (The new Kirk time, that is! In TOS the time was in the late 1990s! Khan was prissond 1999!!!)

It sounds intresting, seing the first incounters with things and aliens that we take fore grative!!! Like the Romulans and maby the Klingans!!! (Think if we are so lucky to se the first incounter with the Klingons!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

Okay, supposedly all homeworld Klingons always had those ridges. It’s just the Federation first made contact with a special group of Klingons that had for some reason or another been genetically engineered not to have ridges. The subject has not really been addressed besides a mention of “some sort of genetic engineering” and a book on Star Trek‘s alien races that is not considered canonical.

The real reason is, of course, that in the time of the original series they couldn’t afford extensive makeup on a major guest-race (that’s why the Klingons appeared so much more often than the Romulans with the expensive ears), so they just made some people up to look mean and slightly inhuman and called them “Klingons.” Then when the first movie came out and Gene Roddenbery actually had a budget he decided to show it off any way he could, and one of those ways was to put ridges on the Klingons’ heads.

If the Star Trek makers are concerned with continuity (and they usually aren’t) the Klingons encountered by the Enterprise will not have ridges.

——————

Anonymous

no i dont think the klingons will have ridges as in the ds9 epidsode where they go back and find the tribbles worf has as bad reaction to the question of how the klingons got there ridges, and i think i know how, it was the only tribble defence when the klingons came to destroy their planet they activated it, a genetic virus that would destroy anything it came into contact with, however the klingons immune system was too good and all it managed to do was to change the klingons genetic structure to have forehead ridges, this has pass from generation to generation, to klingon after klingon until their whole populus was infected

(C) Copyright Jabba The Hunt star trek fictional stories

——————

Anonymous

you been boffing up jabbs.
    That has to be the most star treky excuse i have heard in my life!!!

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

Are you talking to me or Jabba?

——————

Anonymous

he was talking to me of course as my brilliant stories are just… well brilliant

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”
    “Whats He doing in the car park?
    “Parking Cars Dumb dumb what else does one do in a car park? – HHGTTG

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:
    he was talking to me of course as my brilliant stories are just… well brilliant

BOOOOOOM *Jabbas head explodes taking half of England with it*

ps. Dear Mr SadGeezer,

I think you should put an area on the forums especially for trek. Also put one on for tacky sci fi like THEM! and things like that.

——————

Anonymous

okay, as one of the few people here who actually remembers seeing the star trek episodes when they first aired, i wish to point out once and for all, lexx is not a star trek ripoff, it has nothing to do with star trek, and it is the opposite of everything star trekkian! but i love them both, and look forward to star trek marathons as much as twilight zone marathons (no , i don’t remember the original airings of the twilight zones! and i didn’t say how old i was when i was watching the first airings of star trek!)…star trek is 60’s utopian scifi, lexx has more in common with 50’s mccarthy era dystopian scifi…and i loathe the klingons with ridges, it makes them too cartoon like…personally, i liked the romulans the best, they were the other path the vulcans could have taken and of course SPOCK RULES…and now that i am old and bitter, KAI RULES…by the way, i liked the trivia about roddenberry et al not being able to afford the ears for the romulans and that being the reason we saw so little of them in the original series…finally, may i be totally politically incorrect and point out that i simply cannot relate to a female captain?!

crusader
    Participant

I must say that I totaly agree with FX!!! I dont know way Delatek wotches LEXX if the thinks its a ripof and hates them both!!!
    The only thing incomen I can se is the will for exploring, but thats al!!!

Oh, and I alsow agrees about a Start Trek forum!!! It deservs a own forum and the its getting crowded here with Start Trek topics!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

personly i think that 7 of 9 should take the captains seat for once, atleast i wouldnt be worrying about trying to relate to her

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

Anonymous

lol

——————
    Yea as I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death.
    I shall fear no evil,
    For I have The BIGGEST F***ING Stick in the valley. – Deep Blue Sea.

Anonymous

apparently in the new trek serise they find some dead borg in space from first contact

——————
    “Where is he”
    “Hes in the car park”

crusader
    Participant

Hm, thats posible!!!
    Some Borgs did float out in to space in first contackt!
    Maybe they find Hawk! (Damn, I liked that guy! Was sad that he turned in to Borg and pushed out in to space!)

——————
    I am the crusader

crusader
    Participant

Have anybody herd anything more about that?

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

I just saw a perview for Enterprise. Does anyone else think it’s gonna suck?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

I just saw a perview for Enterprise. Does anyone else think it’s gonna suck?

I think it has the potential to suck. Then again it is a subjective matter. What may ‘suck’ for one person, only ‘blows’ for the next.

I think that Bakula is the worst choice for captain since Sorbo as Dylan Hunt captain of the Andromeda. I dunno, he (Bakula), always reminded me of a charcter from Happy Days or the Waltons or something.

Of course this is just all a matter of opinion, and my opinion is the only one that matters …heeH

antiZero

crusader
    Participant

Lucky for them that they changed the Star Trek timeline!

TOS was set in the late 1990´s! That means that Enterprise would be set in the begining of 1800! Good for them that they changed the timeline with 2-300 years!

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Lucky for them that they changed the Star Trek timeline!

TOS was set in the late 1990´s!

Uh…that’s not true. The original idea was that Star Trek: The Original Series was set in the 2160s. But some writers sort of forgot and wrote lines implying that it was the 2300s. The exact date was never established in the run of the first show.

When it was in reruns in the 70s and fans asked when it took place, Gene Roddenbury compromised and said it was 2266-9. Still, episodes like Tomorrow is Yesterday suggest the 22nd Century, while others like Space Seed suggest the 24th Century.

The date was finally established onscreen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (“the late 23rd Century”), and specified in the Star Trek: The Next Generation first season episode The Neutral Zone (“2364”).

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

Oh, and Star Trek: Enterprise will begin in 2245.

——————

Anonymous

i still think they have gotten rid of a lot of trek history by having a vulcan on the ship.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

OOK OOK!
    Monkey like to see new show!
    That Scott B. look good in tight pants!
    Horse hope for some cute ensign!
    We old hippies, see the real ST first time!
    Long live ST!!!!

——————
    Monkey

crusader
    Participant

What about Star Trek 2? Kirk prisond Khan 1999! (So it says anyway)

——————
    I am the crusader

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by littlestar:
    Personally, although I like the idea of a prequel series, and I really, really like the idea of Scott Bakula as Captain Whatshisface, Enterprise just sounds a little silly to me, thus far.

Where am I, Al?

You’ve leaped into the body of a Starfleet captain. The year is 2245 and you’re on board the starship Enterprise NCC-1701.

Why am I here?

To prevent a series from being made.

——————

Anonymous

Khan was CREATED by genetic engineering in the 1990’s. When his plan to rule the world through his superior intellect failed he and his followers froze themselves and got fired into space. They floated about for a couple of hundred years and THEN Kirk found them.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ll have to watch it all the way through the first season before I decide it sucks, blows, etc.

I liked Voyager at first because I really liked Seska. Seska provided a dynamic to a starship crew that hadn’t been seen since Dr. McCoy. Then they turned her from a pretty Bajoran into a hideous Kardasean and then killed her off! Arg! I was so mad! It wasn’t until they introduced 6of9 that I started to watch the show again. Why? Because 6of9 re-inserted that conflicting dynamic to the ship’s crew that I liked so much with Seska.

As usual with all of the Trek shows, it will take about two or three seasons (or four, in the case of Voyager) to finally find it’s stride.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    okay, as one of the few people here who actually remembers seeing the star trek episodes when they first aired, i wish to point out once and for all, lexx is not a star trek ripoff, it has nothing to do with star trek, and it is the opposite of everything star trekkian! but i love them both, and look forward to star trek marathons as much as twilight zone marathons (no , i don’t remember the original airings of the twilight zones! and i didn’t say how old i was when i was watching the first airings of star trek!)…star trek is 60’s utopian scifi, lexx has more in common with 50’s mccarthy era dystopian scifi…and i loathe the klingons with ridges, it makes them too cartoon like…personally, i liked the romulans the best, they were the other path the vulcans could have taken and of course SPOCK RULES…and now that i am old and bitter, KAI RULES…

I suppose Lexx could be even more like Star Trek than it already is. If that were to happen, I predict the result would be something like this-

Stan: …So, if we use the portal to travel back in time, we could prevent President Kennedy from ever being assassinated!

Kai: The dead think this is a bad idea.

Zev: There’s a Mr. Prince to see you, Captain.

Stan: Thank you, yeoman nobody.

Prince: I’ve decided to put mankind on trial for your transgressions, Captain Tweedle.

Stan: Again?

Prince: I’m very good with the Prime Directive.

Kai: Fascinating.

Stan: Look, I’ll give you your slave-girl-plant back if you’re gonna make a big deal out of it.

Prince: Excellent! It’s all falling into place…

Stan: …Just give me a few more episodes to teach her what it means to be human.

Prince: Very well. We shall meet again, Captain Tweedle.

Stan: And now back to the stock footage portal…

790: Worst episode ever!

To be continued…

——————

Anonymous

Official info from TV Guide:

The new Star trek Series will take place roughly 20 years after First Contact. The Vulcans will not be the lovable logical Vulcans weve come to know. They will be more “Dark” and conflicted. The Enterprise will look more like a modern day vessel with extremely tight quarters. Warp Drive will be very basic and thus limit the new crew to areas that are more local than the previous Star Treks.

My take: Personally I think its a good idea. Show how the Federation began and the struggles to unite it. As well as first contact with the Klingons, it will be good to have them as enemies again.

As for the Star Trek = Lexx discussion:

Id have to agree that many episode to episode plots are Star Trek like. Episodes like Lafftrack and Nook remind me a great deal of Star Trek, especially Nook.

But its more arguable that Sci Fi = Sci Fi. Star Trek and Lexx are really just reminding us of an old book or short story.

The characters and overall story arc couldent be more different.

Star Trek dealt with a *very* limited period of time whereas Lexx deals with the beginning and end of the Universe as well as the aftermath of the greatest war in all the Universe.

For those that saw First run Star Trek episodes they would know that Star Trek dealt with *many* contemporary issues.

There was episodes involving hippies, drugs, space exploration, environment, nuclear war, mafia. Even the famous “Space Seed” was timed right about when all the news was about surrogate mothers/test tube babies etc…

But in no way shape or form is it (Lexx) a “ripoff” of Star Trek. Its far too original and epic.

In reality Farscape is much closer to being a Star Trek ripoff imo, or even a Lexx ripoff.

DalekTek790
    Participant

“[It’s] a good thing to lead an ethical existence, to be moral. We should understand that other people, perhaps aliens, have just as much right to pursue what is important to them as we have to pursue what is important to us. That just because someone looks different, or seems too foreign, doesn’t mean that they are automatically suspect, or dangerous, or evil, or should be killed right away. That every day we get a little better.”

-Gene Roddenberry

Okay, enough lame humor. Lexx follows closely to the setup of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Both shows are about a bunch of people in the future who are exploring the Universe in a giant space ship. Interplanetary crusaders going tfrom planet to planet to set the wrong things right, to protect the good and thwart the evil. Like the crew of the Voyager they are searching for a home.

There are even similar characters. Both shows have a pale-skinned robotic character lacking emotions. Both have a powerful transient being who considers himself superior to the crew and pops up whenever he pleases.

Lexx is a science fiction adventure series that embodies Roddenberry’s dream.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:

For those that saw First run Star Trek episodes they would know that Star Trek dealt with *many* contemporary issues.

There was episodes involving hippies, drugs, space exploration, environment, nuclear war, mafia. Even the famous “Space Seed” was timed right about when all the news was about surrogate mothers/test tube babies etc…

let’s not forget the vietnam war, remember when the people with the half white half black faces were fighting their opposite numbers? sorry, too many chemicals have done in my memory, but i think frank gorshen was in this episode (if you remember the sixties, you weren’t there)

But in no way shape or form is it (Lexx) a “ripoff” of Star Trek. Its far too original and epic.

In reality Farscape is much closer to being a Star Trek ripoff imo, or even a Lexx ripoff.

hear hear

Anonymous

Lexx follows closely to the setup of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Both shows are about a bunch of people in the future who are exploring the Universe in a giant space ship. Interplanetary crusaders going tfrom planet to planet to set the wrong things right, to protect the good and thwart the evil.

you are talking about lexx, right? these are the people that blow up every planet they come into contact with right? oh, i get it, they are setting things right…i thought i was radically cynical, but i suppose it is a rather final solution

Like the crew of the Voyager they are searching for a home.

one valid point

There are even similar characters. Both shows have a pale-skinned robotic character lacking emotions.

data skips along singing ‘if i only had a heart’…kai…wait, the dead do not skip

Both have a powerful transient being who considers himself superior to the crew and pops up whenever he pleases.

one who offers advice/solutions, and is a hologram; one who offers snidery and is a homicidal love struck robot head,okay half a point on this one…

possibly, maybe even probably…but is it fair to speak for the dead unless you are john edwards? once again dt, you have proved your case to your satisfaction

Anonymous

From what I know and I may be wrong.
    Enterprise takes place around the year 2162 a year after the formation of the Federation. The starship in this series number is NX-01 a new experimental vessel (also a nod to the future Enterprises 01 as in 1701 and of course a first in such vessels). 2245 was the year when the Enterprise from TOS was commisioned.

——————
    C_s

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Okay, enough lame humor. Lexx follows closely to the setup of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

No they aren’t. I think it’s funny how you superimpose Star Trek upon Lexx!

Both shows are about a bunch of people in the future who are exploring the Universe in a giant space ship. Interplanetary crusaders going tfrom planet to planet to set the wrong things right, to protect the good and thwart the evil.

The crew of the Lexx do not have any such high and noble goals. Stan is an idiot who just want’s to get laid. Xev is a loveslave who want’s a man, but not Stan. 790 is an annoying robot head that causes trouble. And Kai is just plain dead and has little or no motivation most of the time, other than to protect Stan and Xev for lack of anything better to do.

Like the crew of the Voyager they are searching for a home.

Well, that much is true. But I think Space:1999 is more similar to Star Trek than Lexx!

There are even similar characters. Both shows have a pale-skinned robotic character lacking emotions.

And that’s where the similarities between Data and Kai end. If anything, Kai is similar to the Borg.

Both have a powerful transient being who considers himself superior to the crew and pops up whenever he pleases.

That’s a case of “apples & oranges”. Generally similar, I suppose, but really two completely different things.

Wow. That’s a very… interesting… uh…

PICARD
    Geordi, can you use the Enterprise to see if there are any beautiful women on that planet below us?

GEORDI
    (eye visor lights up with pulsating cartoon hearts)
    Yes, but only if my beloved golden-skinned android adonis wants me to!

PICARD
    (sighs)
    Data, will you tell Geordi to use the Enterprise to scan for beautiful… busty…
    (gesticulates obscenely)

DATA
    (grim and deadpan)
    Geordi, please use the Enterprise to look for women on the planet we are orbiting.

GEORDI
    Anything for you, my hard-wired honey!

(PICARD paces floor of bridge impatiently.)

TROI
    Cheer up, Picard! We’ll find a woman just for you! All I know is that it isn’t me!

GEORDI
    Bad news, my electric lover. There’s only a bunch of scientists working on some boring physics experiments.

PICARD
    All right! I’ve had enough! Enterprise!

ENTERPRISE
    Yes, “Picard, Picard, and only Picard”?

PICARD
    Blow up that stupid planet with the stupid scientists!

ENTERPRISE
    As you command, Captain. Can I eat the chunks?

Oh brother.

[This message has been edited by Flamegrape (edited August 22, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Flamegrape (edited August 22, 2001).]

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.