Star trek Enterprise

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

Chrismith-If true, that would mean it’s the S.S. Enterprise we saw in the first Star Trek movie, not any U.S.S. Enterprise. I’ve always wanted to know more about it.

F.X.-I was referring to Q/Prince, not 790/E.M.H. And the Lexx doesn’t blow up every planet it comes across. Neither Stan nor Zev ordered the Lexx to destroy Brunnis-1, Potataho, Leester, Liber, Nook, Woz, or Water.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Basically all Enterprises (TOS,Movies,and Next Gen) Have had the USS,but the title ship in Enterprise has no USS just NX-01

Top view

side view

I love the retro nature of certain aspects of it,note the warp nacelles and the hull lettering.
    I wonder if the interior will have some retro aspects to it?
    I loved the shape of the bridge consoles.

Also notice that every ship in TOS had a different insignia.
    I’m assuming Enterprise will have the arrowhead symbol.

Of course I can’t get UPN in my area,so I’m an unhappy camper.

——————
    C_s

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s not the S.S. Enterprise I was talking about. The S.S. Enterprise seen in the first Star Trek movie was a 22nd Century space ship (not the same as a starship) with no warp nacelles and no saucer section. Since all we ever saw was one picture of it I’ve always been curious as to what it was like, who its captain was, etc. Where’d you get that picture? Is it official?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Wow. That’s a very… interesting… uh…

PICARD
    Geordi, can you use the Enterprise to see if there are any beautiful women on that planet below us?

GEORDI
    (eye visor lights up with pulsating cartoon hearts)
    Yes, but only if my beloved golden-skinned android adonis wants me to!

PICARD
    (sighs)
    Data, will you tell Geordi to use the Enterprise to scan for beautiful… busty…
    (gesticulates obscenely)

DATA
    (grim and deadpan)
    Geordi, please use the Enterprise to look for women on the planet we are orbiting.

GEORDI
    Anything for you, my hard-wired honey!

(PICARD paces floor of bridge impatiently.)

TROI
    Cheer up, Picard! We’ll find a woman just for you! All I know is that it isn’t me!

GEORDI
    Bad news, my electric lover. There’s only a bunch of scientists working on some boring physics experiments.

PICARD
    All right! I’ve had enough! Enterprise!

ENTERPRISE
    Yes, “Picard, Picard, and only Picard”?

PICARD
    Blow up that stupid planet with the stupid scientists!

ENTERPRISE
    As you command, Captain. Can I eat the chunks?

lmao thank you thank you flamegrape!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    And the Lexx doesn’t blow up every planet it comes across. Neither Stan nor Zev ordered the Lexx to destroy Brunnis-1, Potataho, Leester, Liber, Nook, Woz, or Water.

[/B]

lexx didnt blow up potatohoe?well, perhaps he didn’t meanto… all right, on a technicality i will concede that the presence of lexx/crew led to the destruction of brunnis-1, nook, water,…oh the hell with it

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

PICARD
    Geordi, can you use the Enterprise to see if there are any beautiful women on that planet below us?

GEORDI

PICARD
    (sighs)
    (gesticulates obscenely)

DATA
    (grim and deadpan)
    Geordi, please use the Enterprise to look for women on the planet we are orbiting.

GEORDI

TROI
    Cheer up, Picard! We’ll find a woman just for you! All I know is that it isn’t me!

GEORDI
    Bad news, my electric lover. There’s only a bunch of scientists working on some boring physics experiments.

PICARD

ENTERPRISE

PICARD

ENTERPRISE

Oh brother.

Mine was funnier.

Giggerota destroyed Brunnis-1, Brother Randor destroyed Nook, Mantrid destroyed Potataho, Leester, Liber, and Woz, and Prince destroyed Water.

Captain, blowing up that planet is in direct violation of the Prime Directive. And it won’t get your toupée back. It’s gone, sir.

——————

Anonymous

DalekTek,I think you mean this.
    Original early design for The Enterprise when TOS was in production. Made it’s way into Trek History as an early 22nd century ship. Obviously used by Earth before the formation of The Federation.

NX-01 Enterprise is official. It’s on all the preview material.

There you have it.

——————
    C_s

Anonymous

btw,I had to re-register. *?*
    If someone could look into that please. ??

Star Trek In Sound and Vision for the NX-01 Enterprise pics.

BUMP!

——————
    C_s

Anonymous

quote:

Mine was funnier.

no it wasn’t…

Giggerota destroyed Brunnis-1, Brother Randor destroyed Nook, Mantrid destroyed Potataho, Leester, Liber, and Woz, and Prince destroyed Water.

practicing selective hearing/reading again are we?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Hm, maybe a series thats more lexxie!

You know naked ladys, sexy and absurd!
    Captin Kirk hansing naked… eh, scrap that ide! Id be having nightmares fore weeks!!!

I’m hoping, at least, that it’s got some dark humor. I got sick of how all the Trek storylines ended – all shiny & tidy and wrapped in pretty little bows. Lexx has awakened in me a hunger for chaos, dissatisfied characters, nasty things happening to regular people, baaaad ‘good guys,’ etc.

——————
    -Aurora-

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chrismith:

DalekTek,I think you mean this.
    Original early design for The Enterprise when TOS was in production. Made it’s way into Trek History as an early 22nd century ship. Obviously used by Earth before the formation of The Federation.

NX-01 Enterprise is official. It’s on all the preview material.

There you have it.

That’s the one. I so wanted it to be the star.

The “NX” prefix means it’s an experimental ship. The Excelsior, Defiant, and Bradbury all carried NX registry numbers. The Excelsior‘s was changed to an NCC between Star Trek II and III, presumably when the transwarp project was terminated. The “01” makes me wonder if this was the first starship ever.

I don’t mean to sound condescending to the devoted Trekkies here, but casual Star Trek viewers may not already know the nomenclature.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Lexx follows closely to the setup of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Both shows are about a bunch of people in the future who are exploring the Universe in a giant space ship. Interplanetary crusaders going tfrom planet to planet to set the wrong things right, to protect the good and thwart the evil.

Interesting points, DT, but I don’t see the Lexx crew as crusading to set wrong things right or protect good and thwart evil – except to protect their own selves alone. Stan’s and Zev’s only crusade is to get laid, eat well, find a nice place to relax. Kai will protect the innocent from baddies, but it’s not a crusade with him – more of a habit of his nature. And usually somebody has to insist or he’ll just stand there while evil romps.

Anonymous

quote:

PICARD

GEORDI

PICARD
    (sighs)
    (gesticulates obscenely)

DATA
    (grim and deadpan)

GEORDI

TROI

GEORDI

PICARD

ENTERPRISE

PICARD

ENTERPRISE

Oh brother.
    [This message has been edited by Flamegrape (edited August 22, 2001).]

ROFLMAO! Gimme more, Flamegrape!

——————
    -Aurora-

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    ROFLMAO! Gimme more, Flamegrape!

Sorry, but that burst of inspiration came in a fit of peak. I was in dumbfounded amazement that Lexx was compared to Star Trek. If I were a total S.O.B., I would have replied with hateful derision. But that ridiculous idea presented as a profound fact struck me as having a ludicrosity factor of 10.

Anonymous

quote:

Sorry, but that burst of inspiration came in a fit of peak. I was in dumbfounded amazement that Lexx was compared to Star Trek. If I were a total S.O.B., I would have replied with hateful derision. But that ridiculous idea presented as a profound fact struck me as having a ludicrosity factor of 10.

hear hear get used to it…the much maligned dalek tek does often have good stuff to contribute too so we tolerate the occasional lapses into insanity…albeit with some snarky repartee…love fx

Anonymous

Before I start I’m a hardcore Trek fan,16 years and still going strong.

But the main thing that bugs me about Trekdom. No it’s not all aliens miraculously know English. I actually heard a Delta Quadrant alien on VOY make referance to a wooden sled. What?
    Actually,all ships have 2 warp nacelles. Even all the alien ships have double warp nacelles. That seems odd to me.
    Another thing Odo’s commbadge was part of his form. Another mystery. Nothing big though. Just Trek oddities. Anyhoo…
    …got Trek?

——————
    C_s

Anonymous

Chrissmith- I swear that I saw Odo take off his badge a time or two, so maybe in the magical world of Trek when he shapeshifts he absorbs it or… something. As for the everyone speaks english thing, apparently the com badges are “universal translators” as was explained in the Voy episode with Amelia Earhart. Everyone around them hears what everyone else is saying in their native language. There is also mention of this in the voy episode with the “thinktank” that wanted 7. Of course there are the inevitable
    continuity errors, when the crew’s com badges were taken from them they still understood the aliens, maybe proximity of a few hundred miles or so is enough and the UT even works when the combadge is broken… but who cares, it’s the magical world of trek and anything is possible!

“There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.” – Ecclesiastes 1:11

——————
    spooooon

Anonymous

I just read the feature on Enterprise in TV Guide – now I’m looking forward to it with more optimism. The phrase “more shock and horror” particularly interested me. Anybody else read it?

——————
    -Aurora-

Anonymous

um, I just thought of something else about the UT. There’s no period of adjustment or anything- the UT instantly translates even without ever hearing the language before. So, what we have is a telepathic UT that works even while being broken hundreds (or in some cases-millions) of miles away. Oh yeah, and automatically puts all alien words in a cultural context understandable to everyone (this accounts for the sled thing) except for certain Klingon words which remain miraculously untranslated.

I love Trek.

Anyway, I thought about the Klingon problem. For the purposes of continuity… um, yeah, that’s what I said.. old Klingons would have to have the cranial ridges because every representation of Kai-Less, the grand old geezer of the Klingon Empire, has them (that I’ve seen).

Here’s a possible solution to the ridges/no ridges thing. Early Klingon ships didn’t have especially good radiation shielding, the excess radiation caused their DNA to mutate, which caused them to lose some pigmentation and their cranial ridges, temporarily, with time their genetic structure returned to its original state, and successive ships had better and better shielding, so there was less and less mutation until the *present* day when there is none.

I’m not an afficianado of the first Trek so I’m not sure if my theory would work in all cases. For instance, if Kirk had ever encountered a some hundreds year old colony of Klingons, incapable of space flight, or if he’d ever gone down to the Klingon homeworld and all the Klingons had had the *mutation*, then my theory would need some, um, modifying. All in all, I believe it covers all the bases, but I’ll have to see what y’all say.

——————
    spooooon

dead thing pie!

Much Madness is divinest Sense-
    To a discerning Eye-
    Much Sense-the starkest Madness-
    ‘Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail-
    Assent-and you are sane-
    Demur-you’re straightaway dangerous-
    And handled with a Chain-

– Emily Dickinson

Viewing 19 posts - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.