The Jukebox

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Jeopardy- humming the TV show version…. listening to Greg Kihn’s version and Rush’s Tom Sawyer and new World Man; and a little of Seb Fontaine’s Prototype such as “Back To Love”

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s Christmas yet again, and that can only mean one thing, it’s time for the Christmas jukebox. *pops in a nickle*

The Christmas Wish (John Denver and the Muppets)

I don’t know if you believe in Christmas,
    or if you have presents underneath the Christmas tree.
    But if you believe in love, that will be more than enough
    for you to come and celebrate with me.

For I have held the precious gift that love brings
    even though I’ve never saw a Christmas star.
    But I know there is a light, I have felt it burn inside,
    and I can see it shining from afar.

Christmas is a time to come together, a time to put all differences aside.
    And I reach out my hand to the family of man
    to share the joy I feel at Christmas time.

For the truth that binds us all together, I would like to say a simple prayer.
    That at this special time, you will have true peace of mind
    and love to last throughout the coming year.

And if you believe in love, that will be more than enough
    for peace to last throughout the coming year.
    And peace on earth will last throughout the year.

Peace on earth, good will towards human and alienkind. Have a joyous Christmas. 😀

mandara k
    Participant

A tribute to Mr.’s Donovan where ever they may end up

“Marco Polo” from Loreena McKennit’s “Book of Secrets” 🙂

mandara k
    Participant

For me it’s The Mavericks now

including “Pretend” and “I Should Have Been Blue” and off

“Music For All Occasions” “All You Do IS Bring Me Down” with the accordion of Flaco Jiminez “I Am Not Gonna Cry for You Anymore” and finally “Saying Something Stupid” ; the duet with Trisha Yearwood but it was originally done by Frank and Nancy Sinatra.

😳 Gotta go with the moods; they don’t steer me too off course

Barabbas
    Participant

Slaughterama By GWAR From AMBD
    In my opinion the turnaround album.

mandara k
    Participant

Sorry not much into GWAR, but if you enjoy it.

I’ve gone country lately and a little Motown with King of the Road, Flowers on the Wall, and then some Diana Ross and the Supremes with “Someday We will be Together” a little Smokey Robinson with “Tears of A Clown” or even “I Second that Emotion”

And that “Rubberband Man” runs through my head; yeah we had to play that song in high school marching band; and it’s quite powerful; it one our school a few awards.

I know off-topic!!!!!!

Good listening!!!!

mandara k
    Participant

I know it might be looked at askance but the song “I’m the Only One” by Melissa Etherridge and I go back to other music I’ve mentioned before like the CD Vegas from the The Crystal Method.

Thanks for teaching me much…. Sadgeezers of the world; you are a great group! 😀

Now back to the music and me back to my life! 😆

mandara k
    Participant

Well regardless of Art’s choice of herbal refreshment; some Simon and Garfunkel;

The Boxer and Cecilia; In Cecilia the part that Paul tells them to “pick it up, pick it up!. It’s as much part of the song as the lyrics.

Take it easy.

mandara k
    Participant

“Follow me….. don’t follow me
    I’ve got my spine I’ve got my orange crush
    Collar me….. don’t collar me….. I’ve got my spine
    I’ ve got my orange crush.
    We are agents of the free
    I’ve had my fun
    and now it’s time
    to search your conscience overseas
    comin’ in fast to cover me.”

Orange Crush REM

Sorry, that’s my humming song along with “Our Lips Are Sealed” by the Go Go’s

mandara k
    Participant

Some oldie stuff like Heart’s Straight On For You; Crazy for You and Tell It LIke it Is and Some tracks from The Animatrix as well as Nine Inch Nails “Head LIke A Hole” I like the Getting what you deserve thing. 😉

mandara k
    Participant

I like this quiet corner thread so I don’t have to argue with anyone or compete; it’s peaceful.

Some of my choices are thus… peaceful like off the Animatrix album such as Photek’s Ren 2 or Kissed By A Rose ( that Batman movie song) by Seal or then I move to An oldie but a goodie “by BOC “Don’t Fear the Reaper” or even “Ballroom Blitz” by Sweet in think. And then back to the Animatrix CD for The Conga Mix I think by Juno Reactor REd Pill, Blue Pill that od course uses lines from the Matrix.

The Law is strict and impartial; it is out of my hands; I tried to cushion the blow but you would and do not listen. We will try again next lifetime, hmm? 😥

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t compete with people at discussion boards; would only be self-defeating. I enjoy a good debate, but haven’t the patience nor desire to try to win – if both sides have intractable opinions no one “wins” since you’re both trying to convince each other that you are right. However, I generally prefer genial, fun discussion on board – if I can learn something at the same time, even better.

But really, I like argument if handled well, if we all agreed with each other what boring discussion that would make, and I certainly wouldn’t learn much. Debate for me isn’t about trying to win, it’s not about competition, it is mostly about improving myself… As it’s said, “You can win all the arguments you want and feel good about always being right, but you will not have helped yourself in the slightest. Or you can give up thinking about who won and lost because, in truth, either you both win the argument or you both lose.”

“A mere friend will agree with you, but a real friend will argue” (unknown).

“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue” (Gilbert K. Chesterton).

Sorry for the argument in what was a peaceful music thread… 😉 It’s just discussion board discussion, feel free to disagree, or to neither agree nor disagree. Personally, I feel my main purpose at boards is to try to generate discussion (hopefully in a fairly tactful manner, but if people don’t like what I say, well I don’t excessively worry about that… and if they register their disagreement with my opinions or professed facts, GREAT! :)).

“I like talking to a brick wall; it’s the only thing in the world that never contradicts me” (Oscar Wilde).

Now back to the music…

Been listening to a lot of Elton John recently, The Beatles, Laurie Anderson, early Genesis, and Talking Heads. And as ever, plenty of Kitaro – good for serenity.

Incidentally, I wonder whether we should have a thread for songs with sci-fi themes? I listen to Gary Numan’s Replicas album fairly frequently (I still like LPs). http://www.numan.co.uk/ His best known song of that album must be Are Friends Electric?

Fatguy
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

Debate for me isn’t about trying to win, it’s not about competition, it is mostly about improving myself… As it’s said, “You can win all the arguments you want and feel good about always being right, but you will not have helped yourself in the slightest. Or you can give up thinking about who won and lost because, in truth, either you both win the argument or you both lose.”

Unless it is in the political arena, the losers there really lose…..

With regard to the music…..I have been listening to Snap: Do You See The Light? I know I sound like a broken record…..

mandara k
    Participant

Thanks guys ❗ “hiccup” I thought you’d never get here “hiccup” I’m okay…. I’m okay… can you help me off the floor….. “hiccup” ‘Cuse me…. Hey Sad don’t you ever sweep the floor in this place? Yeesh, now look at me… and my favorite party dress …. all ruined 😥 😉

“It’s MY PARTY AND I”LL CRY IF I WANT TO, CRY IF I WANT TO!

Time for another drinkie poo or 2. “hiccup”

“Whispering” You know what? C’mere; … yes you…… c’mere. Yeah and bring a breath mint with ya ’cause I’ll need it 😳

Now shh… I’m not really gassed…. really…… but I AM flying pretty good. 😉 “giggle, giggle” I’m celebrating my liberation from certain factions.

So all of you raise a glass to “Vive La Independence” of whatever ties you down: it ain’t worth it; you don’t need it; and get rid of it!

Now play some freakin’ Hall and Oates like ” I Can’t Go For That” they did that song remake of parts of it and it rocks; or some sort of rabble rousing tune.

Hey Logan runner I’ve been listening to Sir Elton ….you too ?like “Crocodile Rock’ or “Good bye Yellow Brick Road.”

Shhhh! The bouncer is given me the “I’ll toss you out” look… 😛

I gotta find the powder room… see ya later. 😉

Camarilla
    Participant

“The Noose” and “Judith” by A Perfect Circle..

and later on in the night…when the party is going wilde… Andrew W.K..

Anonymous

I can’t stop listening to Yes at the moment. newkate baught me tickets to see them in June and I can’t wait! I’v ebeen brushing up on my collection of their music all month!

The concert in June is a 35year aniversary tour! I bought a recent documentary DVD of them a few weeks ago and I’m amazed how old they look. Nevertheless, the music rocks and they certainly haven’t lost any of their genius.

Yes is the biggest band that nobody has ever heard of 🙂

I HATE it when I ask people, ‘Hey, have you ever heard of Yes?’ and they say (usually with a smile) ‘No.’

:]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes is definitely one of my absolute favourite bands. Some of their old songs are regulars on the radio here too — still a popular band amongst classic/prog rock here.

They’ll be coming to Seattle, Washington soon, which is only a few hours drive from VAncouver, B.C. I will go to the concert if I can (tickets are now on sale — I am also entering to win at a radio station).

I was planning to see Jon Anderson (the Yes singer) in concert with Kitaro here about a decade back, but unfortunately something cropped up. Maybe this time YES in concert — that’d be very sweet.

mandara k
    Participant

‘Sundown ” by Gordon Lightfoot….. An oldie but a goodie esp. the line that states
    Sometimes i think it’s a sin when i feel like when I’m winning when I’m losing again.
    and “Sometimes I think it’s a shame when get feeling better when i’m feeling no pain.” The voice and the geetar; man oh man…. 😉

And In My House by The Mary Jane Girls 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.