Welcome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Prisoner Forum – where we are all, of course, just numbers frightened of a big bouncy ball that follows us around and chases us if we walk too far away from our house ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wanna be number 2! ๐Ÿ™‚

And welcome too, to our newest SadBOARD moderator, Logan. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, The Prisoner forum! *looks over shoulder apprehensively for any bouncy balls*

Welcome everybody to the Village!

BTW Sad, you’ll always be Number 1 to me, but for this forum you may be Number 2. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Really, anyone who participates in this forum is Number 1 in my book!

Now, who wants to be the Butler?

And as promised, here is the FAQ:

Q: Where am I ?
    A. In the Village

Q: What do you want ?
    A. Information

Q: Whose side are you on ?
    A: That would be telling

We want Information
    A: You won’t get it

Actually, with all of your help you’ll find plenty of information.

Be seeing you!

Anonymous

Cool Beans! Now if one of you would kindly fill me in on what the heck this show is about ๐Ÿ˜›

As for the Butler I think I worked for him once…..knew he looked familiar ๐Ÿ™„

Fatguy
    Participant

Well…..if anyone would cause me to “come out of the woodwork”; it would be you Logan! Congrats on the forum and position – you are one person whose rules I will respect and abide with. As for another Prisoner devotee I know – do not let my appearance here deter you. I have stayed away from the other place so you could post there as you wished; but this place was not included so I figured I could post on this forum. Please do not let my presence affect your enjoyment of Logan’s forum. Anyway, I may not be a regular here; but will always enjoy the more “cerebral” discussions of the social micro that is the “Village”.

Maurice

streudel
    Participant

So I’m packing for my Memorial Day holiday ( the weather here in Maryland is rather London-like at the moment) and the next thing you know, I’m here. Bizzare, eh?

Thanks a million, Sad! ๐Ÿ˜€ You sure do take care of your peeps. And congrats on your new position, Logan. I know you’ll do a fabulous job.

I would like to apply for the position of the butler. He seemed to be the only one with job security around the Village. That, and you know how I love midgets. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Meep
    Participant

Whoa, forum moderator! congrats Logan ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for the welcome sadgeezer! err.. would someone care to fill me in on what the show prisoner is about? I’d be interested to find out about any new/old scifi show I don’t already know about ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everybody, and thanks!

There’s lots of good Prisoner info here but on the most basic level it’s about this secret agent dude who resigns his position, gets drugged, and wakes up in a rather idyllic looking prison called The Village. And he tries to escape, a lot! ๐Ÿ˜†

streudel
    Participant

I’m sure you’re going to get better answers than what I came come up with for the question ” What is The Prisoner all about? “, but I’m going to give it a go.

Patrick McGoohan plays a high ranking member of British intelligence ( I believe it is mentioned that he is the # 1 agent at some point ) who decides to resign. He does not give a reason to his superiors other than he needs a vacation, although I believe he also has a moral imperative for resigning.

As he’s packing for his vacation, we see him gassed and he wakes up in the Village. The Village is inhabited by other people from all sides of world politics who have information that unknown powers that be are after. Each Villager is assigned a Number and is brainwashed into accepting their enforced confinement there. The Powers That Be there have extremely persuasive methods for indoctrinating the unwilling. There is a huge science fiction/surrealistic element to the methods and workings of the Village, lots of use of never before seen technologies.

Each week, Number 6 attempts to discover who Number 1 is, and how he can escape. I know this may sound boring to those who don’t get into spy flicks, but there is so much more to it than that. The premise is great, but to me, it’s the execution that puts the Prisoner far beyond the realm of your average spy flick. Number 6’s struggle to remain a free man despite his captivity is a treatise on the state of human existence as much as it’s entertainment. It is hugely open to interpretation. In fact, Pat McGoohan hated to give details about the show for fear it would inhibit other from drawing their own conclusions.

In short, it is something that must be experienced. Any synopsis would fail to do it justice.

Sure, you will find yourself scratching your head at times, well, most the time, but that is what makes the show. It is definitely a thinking person’s show. You find yourself watching it over and over again, unable to let it go. It’s influence is as insidious as the Village itself.

One more thing…Patrick McGoohan is one of the most riveting actors you will ever see, IMHO. Even if I didn’t get the plot, I’d still watch it for the impassioned performances of PMcG. I can’t say enough about what an awesome actor he is.

So, I hope that helps. Run on out and find The Prisoner. You won’t be sorry you did.

Be seeing you! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brilliant Streudel!

All that, and he tries to escape … a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to point out that The Prisoner can be enjoyed on many different levels. Yes it’s cerebral, but it’s also got plenty of fisticuff action, chase scenes, a really cool car, some groovy costumes, plenty of humour, and a wicked bouncing ball! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    WHOA!!! Where am I?? The last thing I remember I was posting on lexx.com, then I woke up here in….. The Village?!?!?!

I feel soooooooooo FOGGY. Oh, wait….. that’s the samples of Zytrec, the NON-drowsy antihistimine i’m on โ—

Logan wrote:

Wow, The Prisoner forum! *looks over shoulder apprehensively for any bouncy balls*

Welcome everybody to the Village!

BTW Sad, you’ll always be Number 1 to me, but for this forum you may be Number 2. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Really, anyone who participates in this forum is Number 1 in my book!

Now, who wants to be the Butler?

I knew it! I *AM* in The Village. Well, in that case… I’LL BE THE BUTLER. ( I am short and pleasingly plump.)

MM
    (HELP!! The tag fell off my shirt and I don’t know what my number is!)

Participant

Thank you for creating this forum. This is too cool. I have been a fan of ‘The Prisoner’ since I first saw it in 1971 or so. Of course, I was too young to really understand it but I remember Rover ๐Ÿ™‚

I just bought ‘The Complete Prisoner’ so that I could have all the eps on DVD. A must have for any fan of the series. If you can get it, do so…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to The Village #7! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve really enjoyed the show since I was a child, but unlike any other show, I like it even more now.

Be seeing you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.