Welcome all from LEXX.com :)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Welcome all from LEXX.com :)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know you guys are only over here while daddy board gets some new software, but yer all most welcome!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Some of you have lots of cool (and whacky)… (and cool-whacky) ideas, so don’t be afraid to wonder into some of the other forums and let us here them.

Also, as you’re registered, so you can enter your own stuff into other areas of this site too. You can add news items, set up polls in the forums, ask Sci Fi questions, upload pictures, enter dates into the calendar (yes, even your own birthday!) and best of all, you can enter your own epidode reviews! or comment on other peoples etc.

However long you guys are gonna be here while the other board is fixed up, please think of it as a home from home and feel free to play around!

Meanwhile Flames’ post (“Lexx.com boared updated!”) in this forum looks like getting the most views and replies ever! ๐Ÿ™‚

nursewhen
    Participant

Cor, thanks SadGeezer. ๐Ÿ˜€
    You’ve made us feel very welcome and I shall certainly be back even after I’ve run like a duckling back under the wings of my motherboard
    (ooh a pun, a pun!) ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

More fowl plays on words…

nursewhen wrote:

… I shall certainly be back even after I’ve run like a duckling back under the wings of my motherboard
    (ooh a pun, a pun!) ๐Ÿ˜€

A fowl pun indeed! ๐Ÿ˜‰

*Logan ducks for cover as he is pelted with rotten eggs, and is viciously flipped the bird*

streudel
    Participant

Everyone here has been most kind to listen to our moaning and complaining about missing our Mommyboard, it is appreciated. And let’s just say most people definitely do not invite me into their home when they’ve heard some of my ” cool-whacky ” ideas, so it is nice to be welcomed despite some of my strange notions, or indeed because of them.

I know I will be a regular here even when Lexx.com is back up. I’ve been a Red Dwarf fan since the beginning, so I will be making my way over to that forum as well.

Thanks again for your hospitality. I will certainly be letting the other Lexx.commers know how lovely the people here are when I get back. ๐Ÿ˜€

Meep
    Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome SG! I, too, will be staying here even after the Lexx.com opens up again. I’ve just been surfing around on this site all night yesterday and found some goodies ๐Ÿ˜› This seems to be one of the best sci-fi sites I have seen in a while, definitely a good resource for fans all around. Well, have fun with the “do women find stan sexy” crew, their sure to give you some laughs , farts, chair falls and trouble breathing due to mass hyperventilation from prolonged giggle attacks ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

purple_unicorn
    Participant

Sad, I must say you have been most hospitable to all us lost souls wandering the internet while our first home is being remodeled. While I have lurked here for quite some time, I’m sorry it took the temporary loss of the Lexx.com bored for me to actually start posting. Like some of my comrades, I, too, will continue to post here even after our bored reopens. Thanks for being such a friendly host – you have done the Red Cross Internet Disaster Relief Team proud! ๐Ÿ˜€

Kudos on the site, btw. This is one of the best scifi sites I’ve run across on the web. You’ve really done a great job with it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

gela
    Participant

hi sad,
    thank you for your warm welcome words…
    I deeply apologize for my harsh words in my first post at sadgeezers… I know this won’t be my steady home, but I thank you very much for being so kind and welcome us all here…

I must say that I really miss lexx.com, *sob*…

but I think this is the best place for all the great fanfics writers from lexx.com… ๐Ÿ˜›
    besides I asked one of my closest lexxian friends to post is wonderful fics here on the board (he caused a lot of trouble on lexx.com when he tried it there, hehe), and hopefully he’ll do that soon… oh I hope that our new board will have as many features as this one…
    btw streudel and all the others, I think all our old msgs will still be there on the new board… I think I heard about it from someone who should know it ;).
    greetings to all from germany ๐Ÿ™‚
    gela
    (soon back to “lurk mode” hehe)

pinhead
    Participant

If it’s okay I’ll sit in the corner next to the beer and chips. If I get a little tipsy will you please call a cab for me? ๐Ÿ˜€

lizard
    Participant

Thanks saddy. Actually i was as poster to sadgeezer before going over to lexx.com, and there are many things that I prefer about this board. Namely, the variety of topics is nice. A while ago, I had a lot of trouble loading and posting here… so I kind of switched over to lexx.com.

Now, either because i am using OSX, or because of your new board, it is moving much more quickly for me, so nice work!

Anonymous
    gela wrote:

I deeply apologize for my harsh words in my first post at sadgeezers…

Eh? I don’t remember any harsh words :/ But I’m sure they weren’t too bad. SadGeezers and Lady SadGeezers have lots of harsh words on this BBS from time to time … it’s a sort of family thing ๐Ÿ™‚ But the moderators do a really – REALLY good job! Some of them have their own thriving websites like thefrey and others are super-duper professional types like FX – or … well, from all walks of life. They have almost absolute power here, and I’m pleased to say, they wear it well ๐Ÿ™‚

If somebody does something bad on the board (and it’s got to be fairly seerious before the mods get involved), you’ll prolly get a polite email expressing concern. Since this board began, and after some really whopping bustups, I think only two or three peeps have been ever been banned (and even those were lifted after they had cooled down a bit).

We try to be really laid back here and lots of cool posters have different ways of expressing themselves … and can get really hot under the collar! It’s a very well moderated BBS (so you wont see the BBS close because of bad stuff – as at slipstreamweb.com (the Andromeda fan forums).

{SadGeezer’s waffling on again…. what I mean is} It’s fine, just lett your hair down and relax. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive
    SadGeezer wrote:

…the moderators do a really – REALLY good job! Some of them have their own thriving websites like thefrey and others are super-duper professional types like FX – or … well, from all walks of life. They have almost absolute power here, and I’m pleased to say, they wear it well ๐Ÿ™‚

Ahh, if the mods have almost absolute power here, then that might make it sound like the regular contributors are virtually powerless, but I’ve found this to be a surprisingly democratic board — especially for a private moderated website (you do request our participation in many aspects of the board, and are clearly open to suggestions). I really think that most people here are very good at moderating themselves, but that might well be in large part because the moderators/admin set such good examples. It is the admin that sets the tone of the place, and this place has a lovely tone — speaking of tone (colour tones that is), the board may be largely black, but it makes me feel all rosy inside, kudos.

SadGeezer wrote:

If somebody does something bad on the board (and it’s got to be fairly serious before the mods get involved), you’ll prolly get a polite email expressing concern. Since this board began, and after some really whopping bustups, I think only two or three peeps have been ever been banned (and even those were lifted after they had cooled down a bit).

I’ve only witnessed one example of a major infraction from an ex-board member in all my time here (I guess bad behavior is to an extent in the eye of the beholder). The feel of this board automatically discourages extremely deviant behavior, ‘though I’ve gone a bit far at times, in jest to be sure, but a post made in jest that is not funny seems trollish.

(BTW, I’m guessing that even when someone is banned the process is rather democratic: for instance, complaints from board members followed up by vigorous scrutiny and discussion by the mods on what action to take, if any. The most level and unbiassed heads will prevail. A big part of moderation, I know, is arbitration).

The Tao of the Geezers

BTW, I have a question: What exactly are sadgeezerish qualities? I think part of it is being laid back, having a live-and-let-live attitude, being honest, friendly, humorous, interested, interesting, and fun. In other words, the qualities essential for a good time at a pub. Sometimes I feel like I’m learning to become a geezer (I’m always looking to expand my personality, and generally improve myself) and then I fall back on my old posting habits.

mandara k
    Participant

SHHHHHHH! Ancient Chinese Secret ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

Flamegrape
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

BTW, I have a question: What exactly are sadgeezerish qualities? I think part of it is being laid back, having a live-and-let-live attitude, being honest, friendly, humorous, interested, interesting, and fun. In other words, the qualities essential for a good time at a pub. Sometimes I feel like I’m learning to become a geezer (I’m always looking to expand my personality, and generally improve myself) and then I fall back on my old posting habits.

I like definition #2

A Cult TV Sci Fi SadGeezer is ANYONE who ‘knows where their towel is’, someone who ‘suspects that the Andromeda Computer is wearing a push-up bra’, a person who knows (or wants to know) which Space Corps Directive ‘prohibits officers from wearing a red toupe’, someone who has ‘fantasize about being Mr Flux or Mrs Goodchild’ or someone who wants to (but has never had the nerve to) wear a ‘Centauri hairstyle’.

There’s more here:
    Introduction to SadGeezer.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, I’ve read that FAQ before, trust me to get it totally wrong! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Judging by the FAQ it seems that the SadGeezer in me still needs a lot of work, but I won’t panic. Oh well, I may not be perfect (or even Ford Prefect) but at least I do know where my towel is at! ๐Ÿ™‚

TweedleGurl790
    Participant

Thanks Sad for taking us Lexx.com fokes in, and letting us moan about our beloved bboard being down. Well, I like the bboard’s look at Lexx.com now, well it’s right nice. But I can’t post there at the moment, as the new phpBB system is not to friendly to fokes from the AOL ISP..lol. Hopefully this will soon be fixed. I guess I can post here because the php software is an older version? Anyway, I guess all will be back in working order soon. I really dig this bboard Sad, and the fanfic is right nice. Nice fokes here to.. seems Lexx has the most nice fokes in fandom around ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for being a great host & foster parent to us rug rats ๐Ÿ˜‰

Love ya,
    Dee 8)

Anonymous

Aww thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ :blush:

๐Ÿ˜€

Meep
    Participant

Thanks for a great 4 days of hospitality! I hope I can drag myself here now and then and check up on everyone. Seems Struedel has become an avid member here too ๐Ÿ˜€

I was just wondering if anyone here knows where to get tickets for the MegaCon 2003? It seems I’ll be going there too so I’d like to get tickets before it’s too late :|. Also, would anyone happen to know how to modify the height and width of your avatar images to have them fit into an 80×80 square for the phpBB2 system? I really want to post my new sheep ๐Ÿ™‚

ilyekkakai
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ˆ Mwuhahahahaha..now I have invaded too ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ^^ and hiya meep ๐Ÿ˜€ ….the Lexxians slowly take over……. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi ilyekkakai, and a slightly belated welcome to this board! There’s a lot of cross-traffic between sadgeezer’s and lexx.com’s forums. Glad you joined up here! ๐Ÿ˜€

-FunkET

Much
    Participant

Uh. Hi. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Kick to wake up. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ***Goes to sit under the table***

theFrey
    Participant

*theFrey watches in stunned amazement as Much wakes the dreaded forum monster from it’s slumber!*

“Oh no, the horror,” she screams covering her eyes unable to take in the monster visage. Eye tightly closed, she feels the ground tremble beneath her as the monster rumbles over to Much. Listening intently, she hears a swish of cloth, and then…..

Much
    Participant

…it curls up purring gently round Much’s feet, snarling and spitting at all those who dare approach. 8)

nasym
    Participant
    Flamegrape wrote:

I like definition #2

A Cult TV Sci Fi SadGeezer is ANYONE who ‘knows where their towel is’, someone who ‘suspects that the Andromeda Computer is wearing a push-up bra’, a person who knows (or wants to know) which Space Corps Directive ‘prohibits officers from wearing a red toupe’, someone who has ‘fantasize about being Mr Flux or Mrs Goodchild’ or someone who wants to (but has never had the nerve to) wear a ‘Centauri hairstyle’.

on my other forum I get an out break of “eyerolling” when mentioning my “red riding hood” / “ginger breadman” theory and this qoute made mine look completly (almost) sane…

thanks for the forum Sadgeezer

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.