You know you’re a Dune fanatic when…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Dune You know you’re a Dune fanatic when…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MuadDib
    Participant

It was inevitable that this would occur so here are a few to get it going:

Asked how far a destination is, you give the measurement in thumpers.

Your response to any insult is to shout “I will have your water!”

Sidhecafe
    Participant

totally have used both in regular conversation:

It’s the spice!!! The spice!

“The sleeper has awoken”

and muttered to self: “fear is the mind killer”

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

At the end of the Matrix-1 when Neo merged with Smith and blew him up, I was the obnoxious bastard in the back who shouted:

“FOR HE IS THE KWIZATZ HADARACH!”

Headgehog
    Participant

It’s not a direct quote, but as a health inspector I had to order a few swimming pools drained. One property argued with me that it was a terrible waste of water, my response was “And somewhere there’s a fremen shaking his crsyknife; drain your pool”. The reference was lost on her…

MuadDib
    Participant

Goot One Lexx!

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    I haven’t laughed so much in days, next time I watch the matrix I am SO doing that!

theFrey
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

It’s not a direct quote, but as a health inspector I had to order a few swimming pools drained. One property argued with me that it was a terrible waste of water, my response was “And somewhere there’s a fremen shaking his crsyknife; drain your pool”. The reference was lost on her…

Cute Headge.

I am not a real Dune fanatic, but I have read and re-read all of the books, even the news ones being written right now. I have also watched all of the movies and mini series.

Having said that I have to admit that I have intoned the ‘Fear is a mind killer’ speech on occasion to theNeices when they were growing up. (Which just validated their feelings that Aunt is crazy.)

And I when people have discussed true artificial intelligence, I have told that that ‘We will not suffer thinking machines’.

My most ‘Dune’ moments come however when I do the ‘VOICE’ growl. ๐Ÿ˜€ Sadly, it does not work as well for me as it did for Jessica in the first movie. I mean it works…. but not every single time…. I must not have the pitch just right. I will just have to keep working on it I guess. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know you’re a Dune fanatic when…

The only shows you regularly watch are “how to” cooking shows because you know that “He who controls the Spice controls the universe.”

You’re actually looking forward to your baby daughter getting her first case of worms just so you can tell her, “We have Worm-sign the likes of which even God has never seen.”

I’m always quoting stuff used in the Lynch version of Dune

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

Groooan! ๐Ÿ™„

I just hope my two year old great-niece does not don a bedsheet and start insisting that we call her..”Reverend mother!!”

(Shudders!) ๐Ÿ™„

MuadDib
    Participant

I think anybody who has read Dune, has uttered the litany against fear at some point, I know I have,

But while meandering on the net last night, I also came across an interesting version of the Piter DeVries mantra from Lynch’s Dune, you know the “It is by will alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the juice of Saphos the thoughts acquire speed, lips acquire stain, so stains become a warning, it is by will alone I set my mind in motion.”, this version read:

“It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by beans of java that thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shakes, so shakes become a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion…. I….AM….IN….CONTROL….OF….MY….ADDICTION!”

MuadDib
    Participant

When gardening, you have to stop every ten minutes because of “worm sign”

When a friend asks what the secret is to a delicious recipe you prepare, and your answer is: “The Spice Must Flow!!!”

kamisama103
    Participant

MAN # 1
    I just took a shit. Come look. It’s weird looking.

MAN # 2
    I have shit the likes of which even
    God has never seen.

Sorry. I tried to be funny and failed.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    kamisama103 wrote:

That’s the story of my life! ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜† Mind if I borrow that for my epitaph?

Anyway, when watching the Contender (boxing matches, hockey etc.) I can’t help but think, “Long live the fighters.”

Gurney: It’s time for your daily lesson.
    Paul: Not today Gurney, I’m not in the mood.
    Gurney: Moods are for cattle and loveplay, not for fighting!
    Paul: Ahh, well, yes, you know I’m always in the mood for cattle loveplay.
    Gurney (smiles): Moooooo!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

I WILL KILL HIM!!!

loved feyd….hmmm sting goodness…..

YOWAYYO
    Participant

I remember being in a tough spot at work a few years back and I muttered to myself, “I will bend like a reed in the wind.” ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Anonymous
    Sidhecafe wrote:

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

I WILL KILL HIM!!!

loved feyd….hmmm sting goodness…..[/quote]

Sting was perfect in that role. The scene where he mocks Chani and Paul at the end is one of my personal favs ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Lexxlurker wrote:

Sting was perfect in that role. The scene where he mocks Chani and Paul at the end is one of my personal favs

I totally agree!!!
    Sting was fabu in that role, I think my friends and I in high school stopped and replayed Feyd stepping out of his spice shower a thousand times… ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜‰

He is good at those mean creepy types, like Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels and Brimstone & Treacle.

You really could imagine what he’d had in mind for Chani if he managed to kill Paul…… ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

kamisama103
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

kamisama103 wrote:

That’s the story of my life! ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜† Mind if I borrow that for my epitaph?

[/quote]

Hehe… go for it.

Scytale
    Participant

You really know you’re a Duneophile when:

You think the SPICE GIRLS are an Arrakeen dancing troupe!

(I too have tried…)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.