Lexx.com

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    KarubaLuna
    Participant

Umm, hi guys. I don’t think I have ever posted before – I’ve been a lurker for so long I hate to come out of hiding and actually expose myself. πŸ˜€ But has anyone else noticed that Lexx.com is inaccessible today? Does anyone know why? (insert whimpering here)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to Sad posting-dom, Karuba.

Not sure… It might only be site maintenance, they might be creating a new board, or possibly, though unlikely, doing away with it altogether. Alliance Atlantis works in mysterious ways.

The last time I remember it going down was about a year ago (coincidence?) when they created the new board (there have been many boards). Most of the old threads were lost. If they are making a new board, I hope this doesn’t happen again (not that I have anything of value this time to lose — I was smart enough this time not to put effort into my posts there in case anything bad happened ;)).

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an influx of lexx.com refugees this time like there was the last. Unfortunately, I noticed that this board went down for a bit today too (a rare, but badly timed occurrence).

While the lexx.commers await the return of their board, I hope they will find comfort in this site.

mok
    Participant

Just got back and noticed that Lexx.com is down as well. (Guess I’m one of those refugees)

KarubaLuna
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome Logan (dare I forget to call you Majesty? hee hee πŸ˜€ )

Well, gela posted at the Yahoo Trading Post site that she had no warning the bored was going down. Mantrid is apparently unavailable and she is contacting Stormie to see what they can do to get it up and running again ASAP.

Maya’s Trading Post site has seen some refugee actions since Sad’s was inaccessible for a bit. I am glad things are running smoothly here again. For a minute I thought there might be a Lexxian June 1 curse or something. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that everything works out.

And now that I am one with the cosmic pretzel, I will seek to connect with the forces or light and darkness and see what they have to say on the subject. Be well my children.

streudel
    Participant

*brings Karuba a nice, hot cup of broth and a complimentary Sadgeezer toque* Can I get you anything, Mok? A nice, comfy throw pillow for the Narcolouger, perhaps? πŸ˜€

Thanks for the update, Karuba. πŸ˜€ Praise be to the Cosmic Pretzel! I truly worship Her Divinely Salty Goodness! πŸ˜€

KarubaLuna
    Participant

Oh thank you Streudilly dear. The broth, toque and pillow are much appreciated. And I love the new Mok. I’ve always wanted one. πŸ˜›

I have been communing with the forces of baked fresh goodness and all I have come up with so far are the mantras – “Kai is the Source of the Salt” and “That which is blessed with a bun, is Kai”. Not particulary on topic, I know, but I am new to this whole cosmic pretzel thing. And I am starting to get leg cramps so here endeth the communing for the day. πŸ˜€

streudel
    Participant

You are quite welcome dear. πŸ˜€ Everyone should have a Mok of their very own. πŸ˜€

“That which is blessed with a bun, is Kai”.

That’s funny, because when I channeled the Cosmic Frankfurter, he said the exact same thing. I think he uses it as a chat-up line on all the Droolers, though. What a dog!

Big_Green_Beid
    Participant

Must… lurk! πŸ˜›

I’m lost without my Lexx.com

streudel
    Participant

*waves to Beid and knits him a Mok to make him feel at home :D*

Here’s a cup of broth and a Bowie CD. We’ll get through this thing together. πŸ˜€

Anonymous

I’m fairly sure it’s not Lexx.com, but rather a router along the way. To check it, do a traceroute (from a windows command prompt, “tracert lexx.com”) – for me it times out at a Verio router in Washington DC.

Lois_Lane
    Participant

Yough wozop karuba πŸ˜†

Thanks storm!!!

mmm, if I recall, lexx.com went down a few months ago just like now, for a day at least. No need to put on a Panic, not yet. 😈

streudel
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Storm. πŸ˜€

KarubaLuna
    Participant
    Lois_Lane wrote:

Yough wozop karuba πŸ˜†

Thanks storm!!!

mmm, if I recall, lexx.com went down a few months ago just like now, for a day at least. No need to put on a Panic, not yet. 😈

Panic? What do you know of panic? I’ve got a full blown addiction, L.L., and I took the weekend off so I am like waaaaaaaay overdue on my next dose of Lexx. It is not pretty, I know it. So please, grant me the same respect that you would a bad traffic accident and try to look the other way. πŸ™

In the meantime, want to try on my new Mok? All the refugees have them. In fact, you should probably have your own. They are the latest thing from the Streudel House of Diva Fashion and Frankfurter Hiding.

And let’s have a rousing cheer….”Stormie, Stormie, he’s our non-she! If he can’t fix it, nobody can!” Of course, I am assuming a lot here. I’ve never really confirmed that Stormie is a non-she and “he” is a Lomea lover. Sorry Storm about trying to verify routers. If you want to clarify a bit more on how to do a Windows command I would love to try and help. Otherwise, I will just try to keep channelling in pretzel form and chanting “light and flaky, light and flaky”, ’til the bored comes back.

El_Coul
    Participant

well well well

moonlighting are we all? πŸ˜†

well, Im a refugee too so someone clear a cot for me as well.

guess ill have a look around while im here, seems a nice little board

mandara k
    Participant

Yeah, well I’ve haven’t been around for ages. Can you believe it; I’m modding a fan-fic art forum on an obscure board and i like it much better! having fun just being me without the little personality clashes and fits on line. It’s peaceful, quiet and we say whatever the heck we want within 13 or under. I get to put my crappy stories up and give my self a pat on the back for them! πŸ˜†

It’s slow now, but like the growing pains on most new boards; it takes time to create a base of some type; and already in a hostile enviroment anyway. We are the peace-keeping fun board!

I hope lexx.com goes up again soon for you. i pop in once in a while to read; but very few new questions are asked; the posts are hundreds of replies long! With all that talent can’t you guys dig up something to say? Go obscure if you have to but let’s light some fires and howl at the moon!

So have fun at DC2004 BTW! I think I saw my last one of those.

Light some fires under some rears, people and shake a tush!

Peace to all!

mK

KarubaLuna
    Participant

light and flaky, light and flaky….. πŸ˜€

El_Coul
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

It’s slow now, but like the growing pains on most new boards; it takes time to create a base of some type; and already in a hostile enviroment anyway. We are the peace-keeping fun board!

I hope lexx.com goes up again soon for you.

I hope so too lest historians analogize lexx.com’s demise as the moon Praxis exploding and the lexx.comers becoming the klingon trash of the virtual galaxy seeking a military solution rather than a peacefull asimilation.

We Need Living Space!

*the general settles comfortably into the captains chair of his cloaked asskicking bird of prey prototype and plots his next move*

XS4Xevr
    Participant

Hello all:
    I Googled several “Verio router” combinations and one most interesting webpage came up:

http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

It States:
    “On the evening of May 4th, 2001, GRC.COM suddenly dropped off the Internet:”

Sounds a little familiar today…
    The article has a diagram that includes specifically “VERIO ROUTER” and says that grc.com -“Gibson Research Center” was a victim of a Hacker conducting a “DENIAL OF SERVICE” attack on his website.

While there might be insufficient data at this point to draw conclusions, it may offer one possibility for an explanation. That somebody either irate or just plain malicious may have had their sights on our lovely home on the web. Or then again, maybe the heat just plain broke down a piece of hardware serving Lexx.com.

Just thought I’d offer this up for those interested. (At any rate that article makes for some interesting reading.)

KarubaLuna
    Participant
    El_Coul wrote:

*the general settles comfortably into the captains chair of his cloaked asskicking bird of prey prototype and plots his next move*

*Karuba assaults Captain El Coul, while he reclines on his leather clad butt, and delivers a viscious bite on the cheek* (At least I think that is Klingon for saying “Hi Cutiepie”)

We may be virtual trash, but we are my kind of virtual trash!

pinhead
    Participant

Hey gang!!! What are we gonna do!?! If we lose our clubhouse then where are we gonna go!?! πŸ˜₯

El_Coul
    Participant
    KarubaLuna wrote:

(At least I think that is Klingon for saying “Hi Cutiepie”)

Actually, that is initiating a mating ritual… at least from this captain’s perspective 😈

gela
    Participant

heya all πŸ™‚

yeah I’m here too…lol. thank you Sadgeezer for giving us (again) a temporary home :D. (but I must admit that I am a regular lurker here, hehe)

I hope it’s really “just” a router in washington and someone will fix it soon.

gela πŸ™

mok
    Participant
    KarubaLuna wrote:

In the meantime, want to try on my new Mok? All the refugees have them. In fact, you should probably have your own. They are the latest thing from the Streudel House of Diva Fashion and Frankfurter Hiding.

Eek! Thought I was getting passed around like a doobie for a minute πŸ˜•

ilyekkakai
    Participant

😯 Ahhhhh … what fresh new hell is this?!? …..er…yeah… πŸ˜› πŸ™„

Man! I had my internet cut out on me on the 30th and I just get back to find my favourite place ..(besides here πŸ˜‰ :mrgreen: ) not available… πŸ˜•
    I gotta admit, I do lurk here too πŸ˜›
    Just was’nt as much action here for Lexx as there was at the Lexx.comBB πŸ˜‰
    πŸ˜₯ I miss it as much as I did my internet connection πŸ˜₯
    O.K., enough driveling ….
    I will check every day to see if it is back πŸ™‚

*ILyekkaKai waves to everybody*

KarubaLuna
    Participant

Hi ilyekkai! *Karuba frantically waves back* I am so happy to see everyone slowly making their way here.

mok wrote:

KarubaLuna wrote:

Eek! Thought I was getting passed around like a doobie for a minute :?[/quote]

No honey – you are being mass produced! πŸ˜€ We all want a Mok and Streudel seems to have gotten a ppppp-pattern and a pppppp-patent. Hope you don’t mind.

And in answer to Pinhead’s query – I think it is time we plan guerrilla tactics in the event we ever need them. We need the names and home phone numbers of several Alliance Atlantis exec’s and a cohesive strategy for ensuring they keep Lexx.com going until this universe gets done in. Showing up in Paul Donovan’s bedroom at night with Lexx DVD’s, beer and chips would be one option. We must think globally.

Damn, dog wants me to go to bed so I guess I have to stop playing on the internet.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

Karuba!!!! :mrgreen: …heya πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€
    …cool…glad we all have a secondary spot to go to (thank you , thank you ,thank you! Sadgeezer πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ )

gela
    Participant
    KarubaLuna wrote:

And in answer to Pinhead’s query – I think it is time we plan guerrilla tactics in the event we ever need them. We need the names and home phone numbers of several Alliance Atlantis exec’s and a cohesive strategy for ensuring they keep Lexx.com going until this universe gets done in. Showing up in Paul Donovan’s bedroom at night with Lexx DVD’s, beer and chips would be one option. We must think globally.

hehe…well if you like I’lll send you email addys, addresses and phone numbers of the responsible ppl and you can try to get in contact with them…LOL 😈 😈 πŸ˜‰ .

btw, paul donovan is still the owner of lexx.com. at least til 2006, hehe.

gela πŸ˜‰

ilyekkakai
    Participant

πŸ˜€ why don’t we all send Γ©m messages ..that’ll either get them to work out our lil problemo or it’ll piss Γ©m off …..either way….it’s worth a shot , eh? πŸ˜‰ :mrgreen:

Anonymous

I’m not sure who you would send a message to – Verio is a pretty damn big company, and you’d be lucky to get an email response within a couple days if you were a customer of theirs. The people who actually fix these problems won’t be the onmes fielding emails, in any case – the ones who have the job of answering emails just do a lot of “paperwork” and move on.

In any case, it will likely be back up sometime in the next 12 hours.

ilyekkakai
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

I’m not sure who you would send a message to – Verio is a pretty damn big company, and you’d be lucky to get an email response within a couple days if you were a customer of theirs. The people who actually fix these problems won’t be the onmes fielding emails, in any case – the ones who have the job of answering emails just do a lot of “paperwork” and move on.

Sweet πŸ™‚

TY Stomsweeper πŸ™‚

Lois_Lane
    Participant

Well earlier tonight I was wondering where to find lexx people (okay I started to Panic a little too), then I remembered maybe streudel would show up at the old Xev/Zev webboard…then (duh) that made me remember sad…sadsomething πŸ˜† SADGEEZER of course the underground hiding place for all lexx fans Denied.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

*ilyekkakai humps L_L ‘S leg for posterity’s sake πŸ˜› …*

Lois_Lane
    Participant

HEY that’s my, my leg my leg my LLeg leggo my lleg

Lois_Lane
    Participant

fig test

gela
    Participant
    ”stormsweeper” wrote:

that was meant as a joke, storm, see that I used the πŸ˜‰ smilie …hehe πŸ˜‰

KarubaLuna
    Participant

Aaaaarg! How do we know that these people even know there is a router burned out somewhere? I mean, how long can it take to replace a router? Are we sure Lexx.com hasn’t been attacked? Who do we have to kill to get some attention?

Sorry, just a little Lexxian anxiety there. I am very grateful to Sadgeezer and Maya at the Trading Post for providing us with emergency shelter. I am trying very hard to behave myself here and not run rampant through the forums spreading mayhem and silliness everywhere.

And for those with discerning tastes, KetanaLionessa at Yahoo groups is promising to get out the Chippendale Kai’s today. Maya entertained us with a Ho-down Kai yesterday. Things are really heating up at the Yahoo shelter. πŸ˜€

Plif
    Participant

I want my Lexx.com back!!! It takes forever for pages to refresh here!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Plif wrote:

I want my Lexx.com back!!! It takes forever for pages to refresh here!!

Thanks for the site feedback, Plif. The diligent admin at this privately owned non-profit site are always looking to improve it and make it a better experience for cult sci-fi addicts. Members suggestions/comments also play a crucial role in defining this site’s direction. It’s a costly and time-consuming endeavour, but like Sad says, it’s a labour of love.

I know people have worked really hard to try to make this site as immersive, interesting, and interactive as possible. Without losing the content that makes this site what it is, it would be impossible to make it run as fast as lexx.com (as you know, the board is just one small part of this site). Pages load more than fast enough for me (a second or two) since I have a reasonably powerful computer and broadband. Really, it wasn’t designed for slower connections, and the content and complexity of the site is always growing.

I know that slow load times has been a hindrance to many people, and I’ve wondered if the board could be simplified to make it fast enough that it’s not an inconvenience to those like yourself who want to make use of the site’s features, but find it too slow (some changes are being considered).

In My Account, have you tried changing the theme to Sad-Lite? It’s a little less media rich. I also suggest you try closing the β€œboxes”, if you haven’t already done so on the left hand side of the page. Just click on this icon —> for each block. Hope that helps a bit.

I certainly do hope the problems with lexx.com are rectified soon. Very nice as it is to see so many friendly, familiar faces at this board, I wish it was under happier circumstances. I do miss my other home @ Lexx.com.

-FunkET

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I’d 1st like to welcome all the newcomers from lexx.com & hope you stay awhile; it’s a great site to explore & some great reading here too. I do hope you stay awhile & post as much as you can.
    The 2nd thing is, if you’d like, I can check & see whether or not lexx.com is up, then let you people know, see we can all get back to posting there; if it’s still down, I’ll check through ou the day & will let you know when it’s back up. Also, I’ll go ahead & post on the other boards I’ve signed up on & post some new things on those boards. I hope it comes back up soon.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

Plif
    Participant

Thanx for that, Logan!!! Yeah, although I have broadband, my mac is rather old, and low-powered.. Funnily enough, i changed the theme FROM sadlite, TO sadmain, and its much quicker! ..Ta for the advice… Might be here more often now…. πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Plif, that’s funny about Sad-Lite… Now that I time it, Sad-MAin works faster for me too. Also, you may be able to spped things up if you change your browser settings… I know you have broadband, but back in the Dark Ages when I had a 56K modem I used a program called Internet Rocket, or some such program, which sped up opening pages exponentially — it kept a large cache for visited sites. Think there’s spyware in the new versions. I also wonder if this site works as well for Apples.

”stormsweeper” wrote:

I’m fairly sure it’s not Lexx.com, but rather a router along the way. To check it, do a traceroute (from a windows command prompt, “tracert lexx.com”) – for me it times out at a Verio router in Washington DC.

Yep… While I was performing the lexx.com traceroute I decided to do one for fellow AA site madeincanada.ca (hadn’t visited there in a while) and it times out at the same location. So it certainly isn’t limited to lexx.com…

FFX
    Participant

Another refugee here from Lexx.com. Hope things get back to normal soon with the board……meanwhile hope you dont mind me spending a little time with y all here on this excelent site.
    (FFX …aka logan….(the good looking one not the ugly one)

mok
    Participant

Sad’s bored is like Europe. Somewhat quirky and a little hard to understand the customs: but they have HISTORY! You can look all the way back to the beginning πŸ˜› ! Just check page 19 πŸ˜€

Lexx.com is America: faster life with a lot more action (kinda like diet coke).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    FFX wrote:

I hope you’re referring to the two different Logans from the Logan’s Run movie and the Logan’s Run tv series, and not comparing your looks to mine… I look more like the one from the movie, only much hunkier.

By the way, FX is one of the mods of this forum, so your name may be a bit confusing. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if you called yourself FunkET at this site. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† (just a silly little joke)

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

FFX wrote:

I hope you’re referring to the two different Logans from the Logan’s Run movie and the Logan’s Run tv series, and not comparing your looks to mine… I look more like the one from the movie, only much hunkier.

By the way, FX is one of the mods of this forum, so your name may be a bit confusing. Perhaps it would be more appropriate if you called yourself FunkET at this site. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† (just a silly little joke)[/quote]

[somewhat dated and obscure joke]
    How about “F F X, When the crowd say bo selecta” ? πŸ˜‰
    [/somewhat dated and obscure joke]

Dee
    Participant

Lexx.com seems to be rather buggered at the moment, so I just stoped by to say hi to my pals! πŸ˜€

Who loves ‘ya baby….

Dee πŸ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    The site’s still not up, but I’ll definitely check from time to time, before going to bed; if it’s back, I’ll let you know. If it’s not, I’ll try again Friday, since I work tomorrow.
    I’d also like to welcome you, Dee to this fine site/forum; there’s plenty of good reading here & lots to see. I hope you stay awhile & post as much as you can; it’s nice to see your name here.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

Dee
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome Jhevz, & thanks to Saddy for putting up with us Lexxians πŸ˜‰ I signed up here before, but forgot my handle, & password.. So.. I am back again with the same name I have on lexx.com. I sure hope our little lexx.com is back soon, so I can be my bad self 😈

ilyekkakai
    Participant

😈 I hear ya Dee πŸ˜‰
    ..I want our lil’ slice O the dark zone back too …especially since I am indulging in a shot or two O tequila…must hold back …must not be tempted to dance on the edge of naughtyness πŸ˜› 😈 πŸ˜‰
    hehehe

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Dee wrote:

I sure hope our little lexx.com is back soon, so I can be my bad self 😈

Ooh, BadDeezer.com, I kinda like the sound of that. πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.